• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Community Thread: Timelines, Retreads and Colors Oh My

Meikiyou

Hypatia said:
The optional Kafei and Anju side quest doesn't have any affect on the 'main story' and it certainly makes the game longer... but it's also one of the best sidequests in gaming, just as enjoyable as any of the dungeons and is probably better than all of the mandatory quests inbetween them.

You're reaaaaaaaaally missing out if you avoid the sidequests in MM.
My problem with sidequests is if how will i know which ones are deserving to be completed and which aren't, many times i just pass by the game so i don't end doing boring sidequests =L.

Meikiyou

Professor Beef said:
I don't think there's a single sidequest in Majora that I actively hate doing.
I hated bomber's notebook =c.

To me sidequests is like a good grindig (not that there actually exists some good grinding =L)

Hypatia

Meikiyou said:
My problem with sidequests is if how will i know which ones are deserving to be completed and which aren't

In Majoras Mask the answer to this is 'all of them'. Every. Single. One.

Rikkun

Mumei said:
I'm not sure what you mean.

If you defeat the dungeon and make the snow go away, and then go back in time to before you had beaten the boss, the snow naturally comes back when you go to that earlier point in time.

So yes it is normal. And yes there are places only accessible with snow gone; this is why the game allows you to teleport almost directly to the dungeon and skip immediately to the boss in order to facilitate this.

This is crazy talk.

Do Sidequests -> First Dungeon -> Do Sidequests -> Second Dungeon -> Do Sidequests Third Dungeon -> Do Sidequests - Fourth Dungeon - Finish Sidequests - Beat Game

Professor Beef said:
You need to beat the Snowhead Dungeon two times minimum to get everything, iirc.

1) For story purposes
2) To get the license to hold Powder Kegs

Other than that, the snow is just snow.

Ah ok thanks, I finished MM with all masks but I always thought I was missing something with the snow.

Roto13

Meikiyou said:
I hated bomber's notebook =c.

To me sidequests is like a good grindig (not that there actually exists some good grinding =L)
Yeah, you're definitely doing it wrong.

Rikkun

I just played 2 hours of Tingle following a guide for the rupees prices (It gets quite boring to me to always throw away rupees while making a deal, so I just used to pay loads of moneys to everyone so they couldn't rob me, lol) and it's quite funny.
I know most of the fun comes from that system... but I don't really want to grind for hours and hours just to fix a bridge (not on my uncomfy 3DS).

Well I just got to the Junglo island and it's a fun game! I don't see how this could relate to the Zelda Timeline but I'm curious..

Rikkun said:
I just played 2 hours of Tingle following a guide for the rupees prices (It gets quite boring to me to always throw away rupees while making a deal, so I just used to pay loads of moneys to everyone so they couldn't rob me, lol) and it's quite funny.
I know most of the fun comes from that system... but I don't really want to grind for hours and hours just to fix a bridge (not on my uncomfy 3DS).

Well I just got to the Junglo island and it's a fun game! I don't see how this could relate to the Zelda Timeline but I'm curious..
After Wind Waker, before the Oracle games ;)

JoeFu

Banned
Been playing through WW on Dolphin, game looks amazing!

Here's a 1080p shot resized to 720p so I don't stretch the window

aww%20yeah%20master%20sword.png

Aww yeah, Master Sword

Boney

Banned
JoeFu said:
Been playing through WW on Dolphin, game looks amazing!

Here's a 1080p shot resized to 720p so I don't stretch the window

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21924326/aww%20yeah%20master%20sword.png[IMG]

Aww yeah, Master Sword[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://www.citymanga.com/files/images/the_legend_of_zelda_-_wind_waker_-_links_log_book/8/04.jpg

EatChildren said:
That is literally the one I was thinking of when I posted that :lol.

Even the rupee wallet limit would be solved by simply having the rupee specific chests look different from the others. Making all the effort to search, discover and access a treasure chest, hoping for a map, compass, item or heat piece, only to find a goddamn rupee you cant even take with you, is rage inducing.
And if you're not going to go through the trouble to do this, at least let us take the damn rupee so that chest is completed!

Good God that irritated me.

Unopened chests everywhere!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JoeFu said:
I got a

AMD Phenom 2 X4 970 @ stock 3.5
AMD HD6870
8 gigs of ram

Nothing crazy

Is the HD6870 any good? Looking to build a good Dolphin optimized PC. How's the framerate in WW?

JoeFu

Banned
Andrex said:
Is the HD6870 any good? Looking to build a good Dolphin optimized PC. How's the framerate in WW?

Its been good for every game I've been playing on my computer.

I think my cpu is holding back on WW I get choppy music and like 22fps when multiple enemies are on the screen :(. Haven't played anything else on Dolphin because my brother has the hard drive with all my Wii game isos on it :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JoeFu said:

I think my cpu is holding back on WW I get choppy music and like 22fps when multiple enemies are on the screen :(. Haven't played anything else on Dolphin because my brother has the hard drive with all my Wii game isos on it :(

Aww. :(

Why would your CPU be the problem? Is it outdated? (total noob)

JoeFu

Banned
kinda? I dunno. I just know Dolphin is cpu heavy and the only ones that are good with it are the i7's I think...

JoeFu said:

It's probably a settings problem. I had something similar to that, and I just messed with the settings until it ran right. I have i5 and it works almost flawlessly.

JoeFu

Banned
haha I don't think you can compare the 970 to an i5

also what are your settings? I can't find a good one for the version I'm using, the r7719

JoeFu said:
haha I don't think you can compare the 970 to an i5

also what are your settings? I can't find a good one for the version I'm using, the r7719

Oh, sorry I misread. I thought you had said you had i7, haha. Um, well I'm also running on double resolution, so if you keep it single or 1.5 it should run decently.

What I did was: In your graphics configurations, go under 'hacks'. Find 'EFB Copies', and uncheck ram, but leave virtual checked. After I did that, it ran almost perfectly, and only slows down a tad in larger areas.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm dreading doing the triforce finding part again, I wonder if I should just try to find a save that has all that done already.

Also Dolphin is amazing, you guys should just save up and get a PC! 500 -700 bucks should get you a decent computer that can run stuffs.

Hypatia

You guys are clearly using Dolphin to play the wrong Zelda.

g4sp01-74pwq.jpg

g4sp01-87oki.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwww yeah!

...I so want another proper 2D Zelda. ):

Also:

Shiek needs to come back.

Roto13

Japanese people get boners for trains, limitations and all. Sailing never bothered me at all in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. In fact, I really enjoyed it. But the train? Ugh. I liked everything else about Spirit Tracks but the train was just irritating and I don't know if I can stand to go through that game a second time because of it.

JoeFu said:
Also Dolphin is amazing, you guys should just save up and get a PC! 500 -700 bucks should get you a decent computer that can run stuffs.
But my computer is decent. I just need a new CPU and MB...and without a job, that's pretty hard to get.

effzee

Meikiyou said:
With three days real time i think it would be able to give the same feeling and a new game plus which would be much more enjoyable than returning back in time.

NO. nO. No. NO.

The whole enjoyment is getting to day 3 and finding out what you missed or what you need to do in day 1 to affect something in day 2.

Maybe its because I think MM is probably the best game ever created (COME AT ME BROS) but it just has the best combo of main Zelda game quest and side quests. I could do all those side quests for hours and not get bored.

Hypatia said:
The optional Kafei and Anju side quest doesn't have any affect on the 'main story' and it certainly makes the game longer... but it's also one of the best sidequests in gaming, just as enjoyable as any of the dungeons and is probably better than all of the mandatory quests inbetween them.

You're reaaaaaaaaally missing out if you avoid the sidequests in MM.

Yeah it made the game all the more satisfying. God I need to play it again now.

Roto13

Meikiyou said:
Yeah and it is fucking annoying, i used the guide too for the ship, and everyone I know too lol.
Really? I thought it was pretty straightforward. :p Granted, I don't remember how I actually got that chart in the first place, so it might be missable, and it's literally impossible to do without the chart.

Roto13 said:
Japanese people get boners for trains, limitations and all. Sailing never bothered me at all in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. In fact, I really enjoyed it. But the train? Ugh. I liked everything else about Spirit Tracks but the train was just irritating and I don't know if I can stand to go through that game a second time because of it.
Yeah, pretty much my thinking. Great dungeons, great puzles, great soundtrack, even some nice sidequests... but the train was nearly unbearable for me after the first couple of hours.

Meikiyou

Roto13 said:
Really? I thought it was pretty straightforward. :p Granted, I don't remember how I actually got that chart in the first place, so it might be missable, and it's literally impossible to do without the chart.
You must do a lot of things with the moon and night time to use the chart, i think, find the ghost ship is the annoying part.

ASIS

TheCongressman1 said:
This is a seriously awesome track and I never see anyone talk about it: OoK
wow... That seriously was pretty cool. TP is seriously an underrated game.
Electivirus said:
I simply cannot enjoy most of TP's music. dat sound quality >_>
You must not like any Zelda OST then.

Top Bottom