• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 |OT| Gears of Yore

amar212

Did people saw this ?

Y8LsssS.jpg

The order on a 21/9 Screen

That pretty much negates the claims that Order would still have bars on 21:9 screen.

Damn, I want 21:9 to become a standard, not 4K

Radec

My favorite guns: Revolver and Carbine. Gotta love 1 shotting some dude.

That pretty much negates the claims that Order would still have bars on 21:9 screen.

Damn, I want 21:9 to become a standard, not 4K

Its from reddit, op said he did tweak some options on his lg monitor to remove the black bars. Not sure if every 21:9 monitors have that.

Truant

I know I've been fairly negative towards this game, but I have the cash so I bought it on PSN. Should be an interesting experience. Will report back!

Grisby

The Order 1886 | Reviewers acting like it's 2086.

Really. For a cinematic, story driven game. This stacks up there for me and will join the ranks of Uncharted, Alan Wake, God of War 2, etc in my "while replay this game annually" stack.
I don't know man, all three of those games have more 'gameplay' than the Order and more varied enemies, etc.
Chapter 9 rant

- Kill the sniper
You can't walk behind him and perform a takedown like in 99% games since the dawn of mankind. No, it's a QTE. If you don't press triangle at the right time it's an instant fail. You can't shoot him either. And after that you get glued to the wall. Can't leave cover, can't walk more than a few steps. Won't you aim and shoot for me mr game? Ok, killed them. Now where's my thermite rifle. Oh look, it's gone.
Oh man, I just got done with that part. Was going to post something just like this. I didnt fail, but I hate that it took my gun away.
Because Fuck you, we want you to play our way!
Basically.

Are people playing on Hard?

Is there any kind of challenge? Is hard the highest difficulty?

Im not expecting it to be impossible but it might be fun if it had the kind of difficulty and pace of Gears of War on higher difficulties or Uncharted on hard.

there are a few people on my youtube commenting this happened to them too. It happens only on this game but it happens with both my Digital and Physical Copy. Reformatted hard drive etc still the same issue, I think its with the game and not my PS4. I got my PS4 launch day US

It's not the game. You just said it also happens with the digital version. You have a hardware problem.

I think this is the best looking game right now, including PC. What do you guys think?

People who haven't played/bought the game or watched it on youtube will deny how good the game looks, but I agree.

I've played on pc for a long time and this game looks amazing.

Also there will be complaints of "ohhhh thats not in game the whole thing is a cutscene"

Daingurse

On a side note I haven't noticed the black bars. Once

I play 4:3 Dreamcast games with pillar boxes on the sides, you simply stop noticing them. I figured it would be kinda similar with The Order, especially since bars don't really bother me with like Blu-rays either.

I think this is the best looking game right now, including PC. What do you guys think?

Haven't played the game yet, but I have a decent machine (980x@4.0GHZ+GTX 970) and can't think of anything I could run that looks better. Just judging from the media I've seen. I have Ryse, and maxed out I don't think it looks better, not to my eye anyway. I find Ryse PC extremely impressive as well.

Radec

Are people playing on Hard?

Is there any kind of challenge? Is hard the highest difficulty?

Im not expecting it to be impossible but it might be fun if it had the kind of difficulty and pace of Gears of War on higher difficulties or Uncharted on hard.

There are certain parts where it is "hard". Mostly due to enemies keep spawning and having certain enemies with armors. But still doable.

God, this part is the worst so far, easily. Shotgun guy is so cheap.

I died like five times trying to kill that guy. There's only like three places to take cover in that room, and they're all near the door he bum rushes through. Blacksight thankfully got me through that, haha

People is demanding freedom in games like it were the apartheid.

Some of us just want a piece of work like a movie or book, I don't want freedom all the time, I don't demand that in every game, I want different experiences, the devs wanted me to appreciate their product and I did, great work guys. That's it.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
And chapter 16 lasts around 20 minutes, including a five minute cutscene and five minute QTE. Good story though, I don't get all of this outrage over being such a huge cliffhanger.

foxdvd

I know it has been said before, but just to add...late in the game when you are in cover, I really felt the reduced vertical view...made it hard to keep track of enemies...

So did this game a raw deal with the press? Seems you chaps are enjoying it and I love stop and pop shooters.

I think the game is a lot of fun. Members of the press had different opinions. What can you do?

For a lot of people it's going to come down to how much you're willing to pay for a game that is only about 7-10 hours in length.

CozMick

Banned
I know it has been said before, but just to add...late in the game when you are in cover, I really felt the reduced vertical view...made it hard to keep track of enemies...

Pretty sure that's intentional, even without the black bars the camera zooms so far in the surrounding area isn't viewable until you pop your head up.

Daffy Duck

So did this game a raw deal with the press? Seems you chaps are enjoying it and I love stop and pop shooters.

I'm on chapter 4 at the moment and I feel it defintely got a raw deal in reviews.

It's nice to play a game that's different and has something unique about it.

Frillen

I've been reading around the net and people's opinions seem to align with the press' opinions. The average thought right now seem to be that the game is decent, which align with the meta of 65.

I don't know man, all three of those games have more 'gameplay' than the Order and more varied enemies, etc.

Has no bearing in me replaying it though whether this has less gameplay then those or not, that wansn't my point. Also I remember tons of folks saying AW was so dull and boring with the same gameplay over and over. So while I'm not saying this will be that game for everyone, but for me... it will, that's all.

tn2007

Oh man that is glorious. Sure someone told me in another thread the ps4 wouldnt output in 21:9.

It doesn't. I have this monitor and The Order 1886 and you have to go to Cinema mode to get it to look like the above picture. But by doing so it has drawbacks, it looks a bit blurry, and some detail is lost.

SDCowboy

So how long does this lycan fight last for? I'm on like my 10th attempt and it just seems to go on forever. Am I doing something wrong? lol

Top Bottom