• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it, you stand up when you've got something to say and hope the Speaker (bloke sitting in the middle in the back, John Bercow currently) gives you the go ahead.
thanks for explanation, I thought standing momentarily was some kind of display of agreement with the previous speaker

Calabi

I can see this happening and people cheering.
Typical Brits English/Welsh

This is why we really are fucked. My sister was blaming cold calls from India on the EU earlier. They've all gone insane. There's no way out of this, without the government doing something really undemocratic and ignoring the vote in the referendum. Another referendum will just end up with the same outcome or close to it. A general election the party campaigning to leave will win, as everyone else is in disarray.

The leave voters dont care about the economy or anything like that, the EU is the source of all their ills and even when their out of it and the economy is destroyed they will still be blaming the EU.

danowat

Banned
No, obviously think national priorities first.

So he's posturing for a better leader for Labour because he thinks with JC they've got no chance of winning a GE?, in other words he has no faith in any of the potential PM's in the Conservative party?

Sounds pretty rogue to me.

And there it is. Presented with facts that directly counter your claim, you shrug them off on some poor excuse.

It doesn't matter.

You've chosen your "side" and you'll defend it to the grave. Engaging with you is a waste of anyone's time.

How many problems does it take to actually be problem?

Alx

Wow France. Going for the jugular there. Trying to be more important by killing your opponents, is this 1700?

And people doubted that the EU was preventing wars on Europe ground... see how quickly things can go south when alliances are broken and national interest oppose each other ?

Zaph

Carswell asking for unity.

Fuck off. Cunt.

Wow France. Going for the jugular there. Trying to be more important by killing your opponents, is this 1700?

Why not? If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't expect anything less from our government. Winners require losers.

Cameron sending SOS to Labour.

"Please get rid of this git so you can win the next general election and get us out of this mess."

Hah, yeah, pretty much. For Cameron it's what separates his legacy from being a bad PM, to a historically catastrophic one.

Cameron sending SOS to Labour.

"Please get rid of this git so you can win the next general election and get us out of this mess."

"The bastards have taken back the Tory party please bring back a popular centrist Labour party to kick them in the balls and put them back starving in the wilderness where I found them."

Hasney

I mean sure, Cameron's going savage, but it's just his usual PMQ act of dodging the question and insulting Corbyn instead.

First time he ever said anything around that while sounding truthful though.

The rest was fluff, "difficult decisions to make"... yeah, you quit and are going to avoid them.

So he's posturing for a better leader for Labour because he thinks with JC they've got no chance of winning a GE?, in other words he has no faith in any of the potential PM's in the Conservative party?

Maybe he thinks its now we need a functioning house of commons with no distractions.

Yup. If he was fully onside, it would not matter in the slightest how weak or in disarry the opposition is.

This is politics, there is no such thing as "competition is good".

Cameron may not want a labour win, but he definitely wants a resurgent labour fighting the extreme right wing of his party tooth and nail.

Jasup

And nappies for cows.

I had forgotten this udder nonsense.

But really, it just shows overreacting to EU directives and regulations are not just a UK phenomenon. It's quite universal that if you're inclined to see the EU as this blind bureaucratic force, you'll are more susceptible to swallow the myths regarding it.

Just last April I had many Finns on my social media feed lamenting the new EU directive that would ban wood burning sauna stoves and limit the temperature to a maximum of 60C. Even after it was pointed out that the article that reported it was written on 1st of April, was only reported by one Finnish schlager radio channel's website and the EU commissioner attributed was named Andre Prillé (or A. Prillé), the responses were in the line with: "well it could happen."

Dascu

Uuaw5f.gif

klonere

Banned
This is positively civil from what I've seen from PMQs.

Lol that Welsh MP. "PLEASE REPLACE THE EU MONEY, YOU PROMISED!!!!

Meadows

Banned
You have a question to parliament in a time of crisis.

And.

You.

Ask.

About.

A birthday card competition.

Fuck me, the FTSE should just close.

EmiPrime

"The bastards have taken back the Tory party please bring back a popular centrist Labour party to kick them in the balls and put them back starving in the wilderness where I found them."

Labour are going to draw all the wrong conclusions from this and pander to the little Englanders by doubling down on the anti-immigrant rhetoric Milliband tried and bang on about "respecting the will of the people" in this referendum even though it's going to fuck the country and break up the Union.

Juicy Bob

"We got shit loads of money from the EU. Will Cameron agree that if we lose money when then next PM takes over that will be bullshit?"

...erm...

oti

Banned
so will they throw you into the Tower of London if you forget to adress people with "honourable lady/gentleman"?

Well Cameron just nuked Corbyn.

What's with all the chatter that we could have tried to change the EU if we stayed in it?

Are you all forgetting that we literally tried that right before the referendum and Cameron came back with his tail between his legs with nothing?

They tried to reason with the EU and they didn't want to listen, they didn't want to change. The only thing that would make the EU change, or even consider change was this leave vote.

What is utterly bizarre is it's the people who campaigned for leave who are asking these things for wales. It's just shameless and shows how utter deluded even elected representatives can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom