• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's our future guys:

big_brother_f.jpg

1984, here we come.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So, Boris figured Cameron had fucked him, looked for the solution that would damage his career the least in the long run and took his "let's forget me" plan to the next level, while fucking Gove, who had given him an out ?

Tories fucking each other hard, while an entire continent watches this conservative orgy.

Meanwhile, we're still trying to figure out what this democratic choice meant.

To be a fly at Jean-Claude Juncker's office.

I hate to say it, but I'd much rather May be PM.

Gove just seems like a berk that does whatever he thinks, not what is feasible or sensible.

With May, alot of people will be hurting, but I'm convinced she will concentrate on getting the country on track rather than affirming any personal opinions.

Either way we are fucked however.

So Johnson is going to back May in one last act of betrayal to Gove.

He's not backing May. He's speech was a little to left leaning for that. And he's not putting his weight behind Gove for obvious reasons. Whose left in the Pro-Leave camp for him to endorse?

Meadows

Banned
He's not backing May. He's speech was a little to left leaning for that. And he's not putting his weight behind Gove for obvious reasons. Whose left in the Pro-Leave camp for him to endorse?

Did you not watch May's speech? It sounded like a Labour party leader, talking about redistribution of wealth.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The last week has just been disgustingly bizarre, if only I could just go back in time and warn the country about this dark timeline.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell after all this we're going end up with May or Gove as PM.

This literally couldn't have gone any worse.

Par Score

So having fucked the country over, Boris and Dave sail off into the sunset, and we're left in the clutches of Theresa "lock 'em up" May.

Awesome

I hate to say it, but I'd much rather May be PM.

Gove just seems like a berk that does whatever he thinks, not what is feasible or sensible.

With May, alot of people will be hurting, but I'm convinced she will concentrate on getting the country on track rather than affirming any personal opinions.

Either way we are fucked however.

May would be vastly, vastly preferable to Gove.

May would only be taking orders from Murdoch and Dacre, while Gove would literally let them both get elbow deep and use him as a hand puppet.

oti

Banned
I can see the future:

May/Gove wins (doesn't really matter who)
Art. 50 is go
UK loses the negotiations, freedom of movement still there
Leavers not satisfied
SURPRISE BORIS IS BACK
UK stops negotiations with the EU
UK turns into a failed state

Did you not watch May's speech? It sounded like a Labour party leader, talking about redistribution of wealth.

Actually no, unfortunately. I've only caught the highlights on the beeb and bullet point here. However, that 'Eyes of London' poster someone else posted is a good indication of her general reputation.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I can see the future:

Art. 50 is go
Leavers not satisfied
SURPRISE BORIS IS BACK
Its like 28 Days Later without the Zombies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I can see the future:

Art. 50 is go
Leavers not satisfied
SURPRISE BORIS IS BACK

You can add to that multi-millionaire Arron Banks pumping large amounts of money into a new party born from the ashes of UKIP and using Brexit as a way to make a splash with his new party.

“I think we have a good shot at taking over from Labour as the opposition because Labour are imploding and Labour voters for the first time ever have defied their party, voting for leave,” Banks said on Wednesday.

But he hinted Farage might not be his choice of leader for any new party, saying: “He may have had enough. And by the way, going out at the top is a good way in politics.”

“It was taking an American-style media approach,” said Banks. “What they said early on was ‘facts don’t work’ and that’s it. The remain campaign featured fact, fact, fact, fact, fact. It just doesn’t work. You have got to connect with people emotionally. It’s the Trump success.”

Tommy DJ

So did Boris basically fuck the whole country just to bottle it at the end because he's too much of a wuss to handle this, unlike May and Gove?

You mean disgraced former defense secretary Liam Fox. Surely not.

Talk about a Hobsons Choice though. It would help if anyone actually knew who (by reputation) the other two "candidates" are though. Not as if there's any hope for they nation there. They'll be knocked out with Gove before it gets to the grass roots.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hahaha, oh wow. Maybe Boris realised the game he was playing wasn't turning out very well and wanted no more of it.

I wonder how he'll be remembered. Like the person who lit the fire and walked away?

So did Boris basically fuck the whole country just to bottle it at the end because he's too much of a wuss to handle this, unlike May and Gove?

Certainly seems this way, it's like passing the hot potato, they know the UK is in dire trouble, May would likely be until 2020 only and Gove is under orders from Murdoch. Nobody want to be PM while the UK buckles, no wonder Cameron headed for the exit.

Maledict

Fucking hell after all this we're going end up with May or Gove as PM.

This literally couldn't have gone any worse.

Fox, Gove, Crabb and Johnson are worse - although at least Johnson may have backed out of Brexit as he never wanted it.

Fox is insane - a true believe in British exceptionalism, homophobic, and would have us out of the EU faster than you breathe.

Crabb is a homophobic nutbag.

Johnson is also homophobic (check out his old newspaper columns, he went way further than necessary at the time), and the selfish bastard who caused this mess in the first place. Utterly amoral and willing to do anything to get power (witness his fucking over of London whilst mayor)

And Gove is... The most corrupt man in parliament. We may as well elect Rupert Murdoch.

With May there is at least a chance we can save this mess, and she has done good things - look at the police federation speech and stop and search powers.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
If Labour had a clue they could actually win now Boris and Dave are out.

Yup, Gove is a candidate for core Tory voters. Everyone else loathes him. He's like Corbyn in that regard.

I mean... this guy as a PM? Really? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXoQeGnT4Q

May is fucking terrible and narrow minded and ruthless. But there is a certain fairness and willingness to take on established power (for better or worse). Her efforts vs stop and search are particularly good. Unfortunately she's also incredibly authoritarian.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Yes, when push came to shove Boris knows their is no way for him to become leader without exposing the cynicism behind his backing of Leave. He will be back in the fray when the Brexit is sealed and he won't have to talk about it any more.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
May for PM.

No art 50.
Why.
Loss of money , funding
Better together , security .

Cameron , Johnson and farage cast out .

EU win banking control.

U.K. Laughing stock.

accel

I can see the future:

Art. 50 is go

FWIW, I think the UK will get freedom of movement restricted in some way and it is the trade conditions that will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom