• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
That's based on illegal handling of votes though.

Unless we can show that the leave campaign handled things illegally, not sure there's much to stand on. Unfortunately, lying to the public isn't illegal.

Don't you remember MI5 and all their erasers?

yjfkmo.gif

That gif is already paying for itself...

accel

Unless we can show that the leave campaign handled things illegally, not sure there's much to stand on. Unfortunately, lying to the public isn't illegal.

The number of votes in question was pretty small, too - ~30k.

Mikeside

Surely letting a robot in an empty, vaguely human-shaped sock campaign isn't legal?

Izuna

Banned
Clearly the government make the pound weaker so they could scare us patriots into voting remain in another referendum. Little did they know we #TookBackControl and as far as we're concerned, the Scots can fuck off. I don't even eat eggs, and scotch eggs are my least favourite... and chocolate shouldn't be deep fried, only English Cod.

#Gove2016

Oh yeah, and those Banks? They can fuck off too with their bonuses. London is an muslamic city anyway with Sadiq Kahn. We were the best country for 500 years, we'll be alright!

This is what I imagine it takes for someone to back Gove.

--

The problem is, I think the vast majority of the Leave voters simply will not care what any foreigner or Remainer says. I think that was the mentality to ignoring all the advice that was given leading up to the referendum. They want something to be different and this is the best and quickest way to switch stuff up. I mean, Cameron is resigning. The fear is what happens next, but the worst sector of Leave voters hardly consider the later and only care about the soon.

No Article 50 this year, according to Gove?

Oh boy.
What a complete farce. There's definitely more than a 5% chance it won't ever happen, how long do we have to wait until someone admits it?

Article 50 is basically in no ones interest in the UK. I doubt even UKIP want the Tories to do it, as them wavering give UKIP a real platform to stand on in the future.

Hasney

If Gove gets in it absolutely will happen. I'm not sure on May, but it absolutely will with GOve. He's a fanatic, and owned by Murdoch.

Sorry, I meant it isn't happening this year since both the favourites are saying that now.

Also, an MP wants to do something to Gove, but it might be GoT spoilers (not sure, don't watch it)
cut off his dick

CmR6v4pXgAAKQ4f.jpg

Lego Boss

Leave.EU backing Leadsom. It might come down to her vs May.

Gove is divisive. It'll be May.

We could always have Jurgen Klinsmann as our next PM, but I think he wants the really big job (football coach).

The Sun love the idea.

NEVER MIND THAT HE'S GERMAN AND AN IMMIGRANT!!!

Maledict

Leave.EU backing Leadsom. It might come down to her vs May.

Yep, it will be those two, and Leadsom will win. Unless the MPs can force it so that it doesn't go to the membership.

The Tory base has never, in my lifetime, voted for the MPs favourite and front runner. The only time the MPs got the person they wanted was when they unanimously chose Howard in 2003 and never let the members get a say.

I hope I'm wrong (CANNOT BELIEVE I'M SAYING THAT!) but that's where I would put my money. She's the bookies second place favourite as well now.

*Splinter

Yep, it will be those two, and Leadsom will win. Unless the MPs can force it so that it doesn't go to the membership.

The Tory base has never, in my lifetime, voted for the MPs favourite and front runner. The only time the MPs got the person they wanted was when they unanimously chose Howard in 2003 and never let the members get a say.

I hope I'm wrong (CANNOT BELIEVE I'M SAYING THAT!) but that's where I would put my money. She's the bookies second place favourite as well now.
Please not Leadsom, I'm quite certain she eats children :(

(No idea where she stands policy-wise, but she seems more likely to hit the red button than May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom