• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crumpo

We should just hire the mods from HotUK Deals...those guys see so many deals.

They might even be able to negotiate us some Amazon vouchers

Xun

This whole thing has upset me so much.

Fuck everyone who voted leave, fuck David Cameron for even giving us the chance to leave at all. The fact we're sat with a good deal already and the only option if we don't ignore the referendum is a worse deal for everyone.

I'm tearing myself apart over this and I can't stop following it, because the actions of idiots is going to cost me likely my livelihood and any chance I have of a future.
This is exactly how I feel as well.

That Winnie the Pooh meme edit from a few pages back sum up my feelings exactly.

I'm absolutely embarrassed by this country.

Tyaren

Angus Robertsons Scottish smack down in video form again

https://t.co/AxDiauNBbN

9df.gif

ColdRose

Have to say if I was Polish I would be going home....I don't know what people are thinking attacking immigrants

They're thinking 'if we attack them, they'll go home'. So, what you said. But why the ever loving fuck should they be bullied into going anywhere by a bunch of violent arseholes?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how is cameron remaining so glib about this? The fake NHS numbers aren't a laughing matter - they're a symbol of the unbelievably toxic campaign fought by the leave campaign, built on hate and lies. Personally I'd investigate it for breaking some kind of election rules around fraud, but he could at least criticise it heavily.

jm89

On social media some leave voters seem to be ok with the UK falling into a recession and staying that way for a couple of years, as long as they got their fucking country back every else doesn't matter or should eventually resolve it self.

Makes me want to punch a wall.

Chinner

Banned
On social media some leave voters seem to be ok with the UK falling into a recession and staying that way for a couple of years, as long as they go their fucking country back every else doesn't matter.

That's a nice thing to say, however they won't be saying that when they've lost their job.

Unconfirmed Member
On social media some leave voters seem to be ok with the UK falling into a recession and staying that way for a couple of years, as long as they got their fucking country back every else doesn't matter or should eventually resolve it self.

They will not be saying that after a tangible loss in wealth and living standards

Rourkey

Britain doesn't have the best trade negotiators, we actually officially don't have any of our own the EU does our deals, there's obviously brits involved but much less than we'll need to suddenly start dealing with the EU and all these "amazing" deals we are going to get around the world

oti

Banned
I'm back. Reading the BBC livefeed I just remembered that Wimbledon began today. I totally forgot about that. Brexit is consuming my life right now.

On social media some leave voters seem to be ok with the UK falling into a recession and staying that way for a couple of years, as long as they go their fucking country back every else doesn't matter.

I'm amazed they even know what a recession is.

I get the sense that they thought the question asked was: "Do you want the Poles, and all other foreign scum, to leave or remain in OUR country?"

They think that now the vote has gone in their favour everyone who isn't British has to pack up and leave right away.

Hum, I could actually see a deal from the EU to the UK to be like : " OK we'll pretend the referendum never happened, in exchange, and to prove your attachment to the EU, you'll adopt the Euro"

That's where my thought process was going, but there is just no way the government will be able to sell that to the public. Unless the pound just absolutely and utterly tanks, and there is a disastrous economic crisis in the UK clearly as a result of the brexit.

If you have nationalists thinking this way and their life worsens more then they will not suddenly become intellectuals and do the research to find a more nuanced position. They will kick out and look for more extreme leaders.

I'm amazed they even know what a recession is.

I get the sense that they thought the question asked was: "Do you want the Poles, and all other foreign scum, to leave or remain in OUR country?"

They think that now the vote has gone in their favour everyone who isn't British has to pack up and leave right away.

Oh wow, I'm actually scared that this could be right for a minority of people...

Didn't think of it like that before.

Morat

Banned
If you have nationalists thinking this way and their life worsens more then they will not suddenly become intellectuals and do the research to find a more nuanced position. They will kick out and look for more extreme leaders.

Yeah, this is what really scares me. The contempt for qualified opinion encouraged and validated by Gove et al is really, really dangerous. It's hard to put the lid back on that box.

how is cameron remaining so glib about this? The fake NHS numbers aren't a laughing matter - they're a symbol of the unbelievably toxic campaign fought by the leave campaign, built on hate and lies. Personally I'd investigate it for breaking some kind of election rules around fraud, but he could at least criticise it heavily.
Cameron is pretty well known for making glib remarks. It is considered to be one of the few chinks in his Teflon armour.

Hasney

£1.20 to the USD is the new forecast point in which Sterling should stabalise. Wow.

AP: BREAKING: Merkel, Hollande, Renzi agree no formal or informal talks before Britain triggers Article 50 to withdraw from EU.

My new forecast is 1.00 GBP/USD. Fuck me.

liquidtmd

Banned
This whole thing has upset me so much.

Fuck everyone who voted leave, fuck David Cameron for even giving us the chance to leave at all. The fact we're sat with a good deal already and the only option if we don't ignore the referendum is a worse deal for everyone.

I'm tearing myself apart over this and I can't stop following it, because the actions of idiots is going to cost me likely my livelihood and any chance I have of a future.

I know it seems hopeless, but have faith.

Wait for the day Article 50 is invoked - then weep. Until then, fight like fuck. Take the conversation to all you know and HAMMER your MP to let them know your story.

Tommy DJ

Currently, the Sterling has tanked so much that I'm better off buying a GTX1080 from a UK retailer than US Amazon. If it actually drops to 1.20...well...

They will not be saying that after a tangible loss in wealth and living standards

Thing is, that takes time. And its gradual. If its not immediate most of them will not tie it to their disastrous vote.

Most likely they will blame the immigrants again. The vote didnt make enough of them to leave.

oti

Banned
AP: BREAKING: Merkel, Hollande, Renzi agree no formal or informal talks before Britain triggers Article 50 to withdraw from EU.

Some things to add:

Hollande: We want Art. 50 ASAP and "We respecht the UK but the UK also has to respect the EU". Important things: Clarity and unity.

Just came home.

2MF

The interesting thing here is to see the financial market impact on the UK, EU, and even other markets. US banks aren't doing well today.

If Cameron will stay in power until October and ignore this for months, how will that work out? Shouldn't someone force him out earlier to get things rolling?

Saucy_XL

Banned
I know it seems hopeless, but have faith.

Wait for the day Article 50 is invoked - then weep. Until then, fight like fuck. Take the conversation to all you know and HAMMER your MP to let them know your story.

What if that just delays the inevitable and lengthens the period of investor uncertainty

TheFatOne

Anyone who was being reasonable expected this. There was simply no way there would be talks from the EU until article 50 was triggered. Anyone who believed otherwise was deluding themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom