• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people feeling more positive now? been out and would be nice to seem some more positive stuff

Edit: umm stupid post, took 10 secs to see anger is still raw, so ignore me

The only remotely positive thing I have at the moment is that I'm Scottish. At this moment in time, our situation is as precarious as the rest of the UK. Wether we can go our own way remains to be seen, and how that would exactly look, I've no idea.

PJV3

I think the most telling thing in this now is that stuff on both sides has failed to come to fruition, ok Leave's lies were greater but both sides lied, that is unfortunatly what politicians do here.

Now everyone needs to work together for the best deal for Europe, so it can continue unhindered going forward, whilst trying to maintain as much exposure to the single market as we can negotiate, if it means things going up 10% so be it.

As Cameron said today,

You think quoting Cameron the man who created this mess for party political reasons is going to sway people, how about Boris who did it for his ego and career.

Zaph

Are people feeling more positive now? been out and would be nice to seem some more positive stuff

This isn't a black eye which will heal. If you had a clue about the implications you'd realise things are going to be "raw" for about a generation or two, regardless if Brexit actually happens.

I think the EU want us around but at arms length

That's the wrong attitude. That's how we got in this shit state to start with. Thatcher went and demanded her concessions and we've played reluctant partner sniping from the sidelines ever since.

I've said it before. Britains place in Europe is leading side-by-side from the front with Germany as full equal partners in a united Europe. We should have signed up at the Treaty of Rome in '57 when we had the chance.

We can't blame Europe for any ill will they fill towards us, we've spent the past 30 years bringing it on ourselves.

cormack12

Gold Member
Why on earth would I set sail on a ship with crewmates that have set it on fire? You must be bloody mad.

Quote of the night so far :)

meryl_jlo_oscars_3208759a.gif

Guy.brush

Can we add something to the frontrunner OT2 titles?

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OT2| An affordable, dense and glutinous Eton Mess
or
"the affordable, dense and glutinous cake is a lie".

kmag

I don't think 'Project Fear' was a lie. Ok, there has not been an emergency budget and there hasn't been WW3 obviously (newspapers said that) but by any other metric, the situation is absolutely fucked. The experts warned of terrible damage to our economy and here we are...

The thing is there probably should be an emergency budget, the last one was based on growth forecasts which at the time were super optimistic, but now look like fucking lala land.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
S¡mon;208495893 said:
Dutch government is talking about Brexit as we speak. For what it's worth: the government wants to continue to trade with the UK.
Also the realisation that there are other EU countries which are taking a 'hostile' approach and want the UK to leave the EU on bad terms. The Netherlands is, however, going to urge for a 'nice' break-up with the UK. They want the best possible outcome for both the Dutch and British population.

I think the Dutch are fairly sympathetic to the British stance on Europe - free trade rather than political union? If so, Britain leaving and losing voting rights is bad for them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think the Dutch are fairly sympathetic to the British stance on Europe - free trade rather than political union? If so, Britain leaving and losing voting rights is bad for them.

Yeah, the Netherlands and the UK have long been the closest partners. This is not great for the Dutch.

AHA-Lambda

I'm not working with any of you. The only thing I'm working on now is securing the best future I can for myself and my family I can, and if that means leaving each and everyone of you to your misery so be it.

Why on earth would I set sail on a ship with crewmates that have set it on fire? You must be bloody mad.

90.gif

Idiot, glad someone is taking him to task there

Tyaren

Seems to me the EU, as an organisation, and Germany want to force us into declaring article 50 at a time when we are politically on our knees. Are you really that scared someone sensible will be chosen as PM and we find a way of placating the wider British public without having to leave?

You know, European stock markets are crashing too, even harder then the British. What an unimaginable thing to tell the ones who caused all this to bring clarity and stability back ASAP.
Some Brits do really think they are special and entitled...geez.

TheCrackInTime

Neo Member

It's going take more than a few days for people to get over this, if some of us even do. Right now, it's hard for me to imagine ever feeling positive about staying in a UK that's outside the EU.

I did genuinely lose a bet, unfortunately.

I'm half tempted to change it to a pig fucking Cameron once I get control of my avi back.

Out of curiosity, what was the bet?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I don't think 'Project Fear' was a lie. Ok, there has not been an emergency budget and there hasn't been WW3 obviously (newspapers said that) but by any other metric, the situation is absolutely fucked. The experts warned of terrible damage to our economy and here we are...

And the thing is, we haven't actually left yet. This is the calm before the storm.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That's the wrong attitude. That's how we got in this shit state to start with. Thatcher went and demanded her concessions and we've played reluctant partner sniping from the sidelines ever since.

I've said it before. Britains place in Europe is leading side-by-side from the front with Germany as full equal partners in a united Europe. We should have signed up at the Treaty of Rome in '57 when we had the chance.

We can't blame Europe for any ill will they fill towards us, we've spent the past 30 years bringing it on ourselves.

Agreed. And that isn't from someone that things we should be a federal Europe, it's from someone that thinks it should be a trading bloc first and foremost, with common rights across workers etc. We are (well, were..) the second largest economy in Europe and should have been in there shaping it from the start, rather than leaving Germany and France with a bit of Italy to take the lead with us tutting over our tea in the background.

avaya

You know, European stock markets are crashing too, even harder then the British. What an unimaginable thing to tell the ones who caused all this to bring clarity and stability back ASAP.

You can handle this because EURUSD is fine. GBPUSD.......

StayDead

Us leaving is not going to make the markets stable, neither is negotiating a leave.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not working with any of you. The only thing I'm working on now is securing the best future I can for myself and my family I can, and if that means leaving each and everyone of you to your misery so be it.

I love this place but since waking up on Friday morning to the result is the first time I'd seriously consider emigrating. Got kids going through exams though so stuck for a few years at least

Lesath

Feel free to let us know what to be positive about

You, in your entire life, cannot possibly fuck up any more than 52% of the population did on Thursday. Set your house on fire? At least you didn't set your country on fire. Lost your life's savings in the lottery? At least you didn't wipe out billions from the world economy. Wife leaving you? At least you didn't make Scotland think about leaving you. Lost your job? From here on out, it probably isn't your fault!

Pandy

Been a lot more positive since the second Iceland goal. If that helps.

Zaph

[IMG ]http://i.imgur.com/DaAZ1mK.png[/IMG]

Don't get me wrong, it's important to address the racist attacks and human rights, but he apparently just lost the biggest referendum of a lifetime to a bunch of lies - he should be screaming this 24/7 to anyone who'll listen. Useless prat.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

Same . I must do that to.

Of course the top comment on the post is even more garbage

"The senior generation have not stolen your future. They have excersises their franchise in order to ensure you will have a franchise to excersise in the future.
While you were too busy working out your sexual orientation and organising you pharmaceuticals for the week end your rights and your country were been stolen from under your runny noses.
Unfortunately now it seems you are going to have to think for your selves and get involved in running your own country instead of allowing some unelected Euro quisling turn you into drones to service the filth rich of the Euro zone."

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I thought I wouldn't get any more proof he didn't vote Remain.

Do you thnk he half-arsed the labour campaigning just to let the Tories eat each other alive? Tactical move? Or he really doesn't give a shit? The number of young voters especially that helped him get elected leader on a promise of change, and he could have really got a lot of young voters getting out to vote remain.

BTW, how shit does Corbyn's gaff look.

His garden is a state. Looks like he doesn't have any pride in keeping the outside of his house tidy. Can only imagine how the inside of the house looks.

He's been on an mp's salary for what at least 25 years, and apparently has no savings. What does he do with his cash?

RK9039

Agreed.

All these brexit people who say we should stick together and come up with a plan need to piss off. You should have thought of a plan beforehand, it's like jumping out of a plane without a parachute.

And with that attitude you just show that you're the kind of person that is frankly not needed in this kind of issue, so thankfully you have no bearing on whats going to happen.

Here is the thing. I couldn't give a flying fuck what you think about my attitude. The leave campaign has jeopardised my future, my families future, my friends future, my colleagues future, my partners future and the futures of many other people that I am in step with both mentally, ideologically and spiritually.

I have no incentive to give a rat's ass about their future when they have done such damage to mine. I don't care about the "conversation", the reasons this happened, or the way forward for England and Wales.

From now on, I'm working every waking hour to make sure I am able to leave this place and have a better life elsewhere. If you or anyone else have a problem with that, bloody tough shit.

The gall and audacity of some of you to attempt to talk from some moral high ground after you have a set off a economic nuke that will be felt for generations, on the basis of pretty much a tantrum. Disgusting.

PJV3

BTW, how shit does Corbyn's gaff look.

His garden is a state. Looks like he doesn't have any pride in keeping the outside of his house tidy. Can only imagine what the house looks like.

He's been on an mp's salary for what at least 25 years, and apparently has no savings. What does he do with his cash?

Women, he's been around.

avaya

Do you thnk he half-arsed the labour campaigning just to let the Tories eat each other alive? Tactical move? Or he really doesn't give a shit? The number of young voters especially that helped him get elected leader on a promise of change, and he could have really got a lot of young voters getting out to vote remain.

Abbot basically said he didn't want to do joint campaigning with Cameron, something that polled very well for remain, because it would potentially hurt Labour vote in the north. Party before country. Cunts. The lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom