• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkscz

Who is reading this terrible website? Their article about the Blizzard rumor is half lies, too! Since when does ANYone go to this place? Besides, it looks like they just took a free blog template, changed a picture, and called it a day.

That came from IGN, just letting you know.

Sadist

Yup. I was still amazed about the Ocarina of Time 3D one. I remember watching the Sony conference and someone posted "OMG Nintendo announced OoT for 3DS!" I lost interest in Sony's show :p

TheChits

I certainly don't want a leak. I want to feel the full force of the megatons Nintendo is going to drop. I just hope my feeble body can be ready in time

Kokonoe

Banned
I'll patiently wait for the Megaton Hammer Bob-ombs as well.

I do have to say that I haven't anticipated an e3 this much since 2006, and I hope it's good.

Redford

aka Cabbie
How interesting would it be if Wii U had built in functionality that would let gamers record segments of the game as they play, saved it, allowed the player to go back in later and do basic edits, annotate it... and then let them publish their clip to YouTube with a push of a button?

:eek:

This feature would be up to the discretion of the game's publisher, of course, due to copyright considerations.

If this is indeed true, could it explain why so much RAM is reportedly reserved for the OS?

This would be fucking awesome, especially for us.

Nintendo doesn't really think about things like that though. It would nice to see them expand their system software innovation in step with their hardware innovation. Kind of seems superficial when it's only the latter.

onilink88

They can't AFFORD to rest on their laurels and simply assume that 3DS will rise to heaven. That's not what they did with the original DS, and it's not what they should do here, either.

3DS is every bit as big a part of Nintendo's business as the WiiU will be; if the previous generation's repeated, it'll be bigger. They simply cannot afford to take success for granted, and, fortunately for me and unfortunately for you, they will not at E3.

Sing it to 'em, brotha'!

Portugeezer

Quote of the day, sorry if old but I lol'd:

"Nintendo has an uphill battle this year," said Morgan Webb, co-host of the G4 gaming show "X-Play." ''It's really a branding problem. I think a lot of people are still confused about the Wii U. They're going to have a hard time convincing people that this could be a better gaming experience than the iPad."

I thought that is what E3 is for? But since when was iPad gaming experience held to such a high regard.

Dawn_of_the_First_Day_by_Forest_Sage.png

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Seriously, this year has been very light on leaks on all sides. Last year you basically knew the whole conferences in advance.

Btw it's good to be back, watching these speculation Threads, seeing Ace getting banned and the whole Ideaman drama was hard to sit by in the banned corner. Good thing I'm back for E3^^

Thou shall never say His name!

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Does anyone really want a leak? We got only four days to go bros!

Games leaks, certainly not, as it's the main interest of this system (how they take advantage of its specificities, also the features, etc.).

Hardware related ? yes, because we won't hear a lot of things about that at E3 anyway.

radcliff

I wonder if Nintendo will troll the MS and Sony press conferences by announcing something major on Monday, similar to how they announced Wii Motion Plus the day before their 2009 conference.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wonder if Nintendo will troll the MS and Sony press conferences by announcing something major on Monday, similar to how they announced Wii Motion Plus the day before their 2009 conference.

Possibly. The good news is we know we will be getting Wii U stuff from Ubisoft and possibly EA.

Hiltz

"Nintendo has an uphill battle this year," said Morgan Webb, co-host of the G4 gaming show "X-Play." ''It's really a branding problem. I think a lot of people are still confused about the Wii U. They're going to have a hard time convincing people that this could be a better gaming experience than the iPad."

I thought that is what E3 is for? But since when was iPad gaming experience held to such a high regard.

Webb may have a point about Nintendo having to deal with some confusion about the branding. However, I cannot stand this woman's narrow-minded and cynical thought process in comparing the quality of Wii U's gaming experience to that of an iPad's. Nintendo, it's nearly time to deliver a roundhouse kick of exciting Wii U information right to her face. She's a persistant hater, so if she manages to get up from the floor and retaltiate with further negative comments, then it would be okay to punch in her in the throat too. Just tell people she had it coming.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Pretty much the only thing that would excite me from the MS conference would be a Halo 4 public beta announcement at the end.

Otherwise this year belongs to Nintendo by far, in my books.

----
Also, watching NeoGAF news 6, WiiRevolution. :p

Dicer

Banned
Webb may have a point about Nintendo having to deal with some confusion about the branding. However, I cannot stand this woman's narrow-minded and cynical thought process in comparing the quality of Wii U's gaming experience to that of an iPad's. Nintendo, it's nearly time to deliver a roundhouse kick of exciting Wii U information right to her face. She's a persistant hater so if she manages to get up from the floor and retaltiate with further negative comments then it would be okay to punch in her in the throat too. Just tell people she had it coming.

I concur.

MDX

Webb may have a point about Nintendo having to deal with some confusion about the branding. However, I cannot stand this woman's narrow-minded and cynical thought process in comparing the Wii U's experience to that of an iPad in all but sharing similar controller capabilities.

Will she say the same thing when Smart Glass shows its face?

Linkhero1

Webb has a point though. Nintendo doesn't want to lose their Wii audience, so they're going to have to convince them that the same experience you can find on another device is also on the Wii U. Personally, I don't care about that crowd as long as I'm getting my Marios and Zeldas.

Portugeezer

Webb may have a point about Nintendo having to deal with some confusion about the branding. However, I cannot stand this woman's narrow-minded and cynical thought process in comparing the quality of Wii U's gaming experience to that of an iPad's. Nintendo, it's nearly time to deliver a roundhouse kick of exciting Wii U information right to her face. She's a persistant hater, so if she manages to get up from the floor and retaltiate with further negative comments then it would be okay to punch in her in the throat too. Just tell people she had it coming.

I would punish her.

Instro

So, what if Sony or Microsoft reveal Durango/PS4 despite them saying they won't? How badly will that effect Nintendo's conference?

Assuming they still are not coming till late 2013, I don't think it would mean much. As long as Nintendo brings the goods then announcements from other hardware makers shouldn't make a difference.

So what's the 1 single thing people are most hyped about, and the 1 single thing you're most nervous about when it comes to Nintendo's conference?

Most hyped - Retro's game - if I was sure monolith's would be shown I'd say them instead
Most nervous - Mario game - I have a feeling if it's going to be an hd wii game with questionable art it will suffer major backlash. And I don't just mean backlash toward the game, I mean the game, the console itself, the perception, etc....

Runner up for most nervous is 3rd party support (good support).

Redford

aka Cabbie
Pretty much the same, Pyro.

I'm trying not to get too excited simply because I remember being overwhelmed at the 3DS showing and assuming all of those games would be available somehwat near launch (namely Paper Mario GRRRR).

Hope Retro's game is something we can all play together and isn't an existing IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom