• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Am I the only one worried that having the sticks both up top will be confusing to the brain? I thought a big reason for putting the right-stick down below is so that it makes easier, much easier, for the brain to keep the left and right functions of the game controls separate. Because the hands are in different positions the control-sensations of character movement and aiming, for example, are distinguished enough from each other as to not get confused by the player's central nervous system.

Am I the only worried that having the sticks both up top will be confusing to the brain? I thought a big reason for putting the right down below is so that it makes easier, much easier, for the brain to keep the left and right functions of the game controls separate. Because the hands are in different positions the control-sensations of character movement and aim are better distinguished enough to not get confused.

What? Where did you hear that?

royalan

I disagree - the Wii-Remote/Nunchuk are the official secondary controllers. The Pro controller is gonna be an optional accessory, just like the Classic Controller is for the Wii.

But that wouldn't make a lick of sense. If you have a multiplatform game built for the Wii U why would you use anything other than the controller that mimics the main controller that comes in the box - short of the screen - right down to the button placement?

I think continuing to force the wiimote from this point forward would be incredibly tacked-on, not to mention turn developers off.

what I want in the box for $299"

Wii U Console
Wii U GamePad
Wii U Pro Controller
Wii U Motion Plus / Chucks

and the the other stuff like wires and blah blah that makes Wii work

what say U guys?

Mario pack-in?

But that wouldn't make a lick of sense. If you have a multiplatform game built for the Wii U why would you use anything other than the controller that mimics the controller that comes in the box - short of the screen - right down to the button placement?
A Wii Remote and Nunchuk will come in the box I'm pretty sure. And those will provide better controls for many games.

Emitan

Wii U Console
Wii U GamePad
Wii U Pro Controller

what say U guys?

Mario pack-in?

We're not getting the Pro controller with the system. Unless they're taking a loss.

royalan

Wii U Console
Wii U GamePad
Wii U Pro Controller

what say U guys?

Mario pack-in?

For 299? Nothing better be in that box but the console and the Gamepad. lol

A Wii Remote and Nunchuk will come in the box I'm pretty sure. And those will provide better controls for many games.

As was the case this gen?

Wii U Console
Wii U GamePad
Wii U Pro Controller

what say U guys?

Mario pack-in?
If you want all that in the system for only $299, then you must want a system with really weak graphics...

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
What? Where did you hear that?

I have a vague memory of hearing that explained years ago. But, isn't that common sense? For example, a car's windshield wiper and turn signal are never the exact same.

Pro Controller does what the tablet already does. Wii remote+Nunchuck doesnt

I hope that having the ability to use either the wuc alone or Pro+wuc(in lap/or on an arm rest) for games becomes standard. Just have it where both inputs are accepted as controls for the game simultaneously.

I have a vague memory of hearing that explained years ago. But, isn't that common sense? For example, a car's windshield wiper and turn signal are never the exact same.
The analogue sticks are directly across from each other on the analogue PS1 controller, and on PS2 and PS3 controllers, if this was an issue it would have been dealt with some time in the last 14 years on Sony's platform.

Gahiggidy

Yes, but wasn't that one of the key reason's Nintendo fans have hated on the dual-shock for all these years? :p

Unrelated to the first point, 90% of Nintendo's games will have the buttons as the primary control method for the right hand, while the stick is used for camera control and whatnot.. so why did they design it that way? With the buttons that aren't in the natural resting place of the thumb?

]

I hope that having the ability to use either the wuc alone or Pro+wuc(in lap/or on an arm rest) for games becomes standard. Just have it where both inputs are accepted as controls for the game simultaneously.

Imagine you put the GamePad on its stand so you can view the screen and the TV

and you use the Pro to control the action with those two screens TV+GamePad showing different views

Christine

You might be a tiny bit more likely to unconsciously mirror the motions of one stick on the other in a symmetric layout, but dual analog controls are a learned, pat-your-head-and-rub-your-belly motion in any case. It won't be a matter of real consequence.

oh well pack in or not I'm buying the hell out of them... and I don't mind if they make pink ones Pink and Black would be a cool launch combo
KuGsj.gif

ND should have shown Wii games being played on the system :( I want to know if I can play Xenoblade on the gamepad

Provider

What about a

White Casual model with the wii u pad and wii-remote/nunchaku

and another

Black Pro model including the Pro controller and a hard drive on top of the 'regular' ones.

botty

Banned
Are people serious when they say Wiimote+nunchuck will be included?

They can do me a huge favor and cut the price a bit by keeping those two things if it does happen.

StevieP

Banned
Are people serious when they say Wiimote+nunchuck will be included?

They can do me a huge favor and cut the price a bit by keeping those two things if it does happen.

Costs like $6 to make. Sensor bar and, conversely, Wm+ will be in the box.

aeroslash

So what are the thougths of the forum regarding the zombie game graphics? Any idea of what game was that?

Personally, after taking some stills from the video i can say it's in the low spec part of the ps360 games. More or less nice lighting but texture-wise pretty bland.

IF they include a Wiimote+ remote, I don't think they need to include the nunchuck. there are enough regular nunchucks out there, plus they are cheap to buy if someone needs one. Cheaper than a new wiimote+ and easier to find than the motion plus individual add-ons.

though the unveiling of the Pro Controller makes me think they may be finally ready to abandon motion controls as a primary input.

Emitan

So what are the thougths of the forum regarding the zombie game graphics? Any idea of what game was that?

Personally, after taking some stills from the video i can say it's in the low spec part of the ps360 games. More or less nice lighting but texture-wise pretty bland.

Well considering for all we know it was created solely for this ad it doesn't really matter to me.

So is Miiverse like... a forum? I'm still trying to grasp the concept.

I no clue, thought it was like a chatroom or twitter app but it seems more like a strange hybrid thing

they should have used google wave for it :)

since you need a browser on other platforms to view it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom