• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Happy New Year!

I saw the first 10 minutes and it was shit. Animation and music aside Space Dandy should get the same amount of bullshit that SAO does cuz it's basically on the same level. Looks good. Story and everything narrative related sounds like crap due to pandering.

I don't think you understand what most people didn't like about SAO if you think this is a true statement.

I seem to remember from those names. Is that the one where Kirito
turns into a dragon for no reason?

I kinda wish I hadn't read that so I could have gone into the stupidity fresh :(

Who would have figured?

On another note I got up to the promised day on my FMA:B rewatch. It's so easy to forget how incredibly well this series is put together, especially considering it's a serialized story. The internal logic is flawless and there's no plot holes or crazy dues ex moments. I love it.

I dunno if I'd elevate them to deus ex moments specifically but the Promised Day arc sure had a LOT of "Oh shit, the heroes are SCREWED! Oh wait, ________ just showed up on the scene to save the day" moments.

But that worked in Brotherhood be because all the characters who showed up were already established as part of Ed and Al's journey and it would make sense for them to all come to central for the final battle

Full ratings from last weekend

12:00a Trigun: BR 1,223,000 0.9
2:00a Cowboy Bebop 764,000 0.6
2:30a Cowboy Bebop 675,000 0.5
3:00a Cowboy Bebop 610,000 0.5
3:30a Cowboy Bebop 533,000 0.4
4:00a Cowboy Bebop 532,000 0.4
4:30a Cowboy Bebop 543,000 0.5
5:00a Cowboy Bebop 547,000 0.5
5:30a Cowboy Bebop 503,000 0.4

Cowboy Bebop is clearly past it's prime

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Clearly the high rating for Trigun shows that people still care for the series, which means they'll get the original series back on & use it as a 3 to 6 AM slot, right?

...........right?

Also, we better get those auto-lacing shoes & hoverboards next year, damn it.

Raxus

Ho...

We should just start calling Kirito, Kirino, and get it over with.

My little mmo beater can't be this cute.

Hohohohohoho...

Further confounding that Kirito looks like a girl

When he coverts his character data from Alfheim into Gun Gale (the western MMO this new anime season is based in), is that he is awarded an ultra rare avatar called the M9000. It is the only male avatar that looks like a girl. The reason this is such a big deal is that a player cannot play as the other gender.

Also Kirito wins a lightsaber and gun from an impossible ingame game. Kirito is also the only one in the game that can slice incoming bullets with his sword.

My little beater can't possible be this h4xxor

tumblr_mkig5qkC7G1ryn86mo1_500.gif

Tenumi

Banned
Now that movie nights are done, I'll be back for Toonami watching. Not like I was missed or anything.

Hyped.

Happy new year, ToonamiGAF! I hope your year is infinitely better than last year was and that Toonami grows even more. It's been a blast here with you guys and I wouldn't trade the Saturday nights we've spent together for anything in the world. Here's to 1 more year of wasting every Saturday night together!

I didn't catch the whole thing because sleeps, but I hadn't seen anything Trigun-related before and it was kind of a nice change of pace to hear a protagonist whose voice was just... normal, I guess. And a little high. I'm so used to Johnny Yong Bosch somehow dudebroing the hell out of his voices once his characters pull the "YOU WON'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY" bit. FMA is another good example of this with Al, and Ed to some extent, but Ed manages to chew the scenery just about every episode (which can be good in small doses).

Also, I'm late to this, but: what the fuck were they thinking with Ichigo's Hollow super mode voice thing? Of all of the potential voice filters and simple modulations they could make, they go with that weird undulating "AaAaAaAaAaAAaaAAaaAAaaAAaa" shit?

J-man did, kinda...well he just happened to be there at the time and scared Itachi off
That's how we do on Mount Myoboku, son.

I didn't catch the whole thing because sleeps, but I hadn't seen anything Trigun-related before and it was kind of a nice change of pace to hear a protagonist whose voice was just... normal, I guess. And a little high. I'm so used to Johnny Yong Bosch somehow dudebroing the hell out of his voices once his characters pull the "YOU WON'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY" bit. FMA is another good example of this with Al, and Ed to some extent, but Ed manages to chew the scenery just about every episode (which can be good in small doses).
I get what you're saying. Bosh is always either crazy psychopath or douchebag in high school that beats other people up.

That's how we do on Mount Myoboku, son.

I get what you're saying. Bosh is always either crazy psychopath or douchebag in high school that beats other people up.

He also voiced
Brock
in Pokemon: The Origin (that one-off, game-faithful animated short series) and it worked amazingly well because he was calm. He's got a good voice for level-headed characters, but after hearing "GETSUGAAAA TENSHOOOOOOOUUU" so many times I kind of forget that part about him.

Where do his roles in Naruto fit into this?

Shippuden spoilers.
I haven't seen dub Sasori, but I guess i'd say he might be a bit of both. His minor roles, such as unnamed rain ninja, unnamed sound ninja, Genma Shiranui, and Orochimaru's vessel, fall into more of the latter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
JYB does a pretty good job in Shippuden but going by those two odd categories I'd say it's 70% from column b.

Of course he'd voice that character why am I not surprised <_<

Shippuden spoilers. Do not click if you're not caught up.
He finally gets a big role in Naruto and it's one where his character dies super quickly. Poor Bosch. It's like they don't want him on the show.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Isn't he the one who loses to
Sakura in the Gaara Rescue Arc
? Seriously how much do you have to suck to lose to
Sakura

It's not like sakura beat him alone, she had another S rank ninja helping her, and even then it wasent easy at all and they probably got that far because the person helping her knows sasori inside and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom