• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't Naruto any more tonight, stopped at 117 liked Neji's fight a lot more in the anime then I did in the manga. Also started on my blackloggery and got almost 150 games added and that's just from memory without even looking at my shelf oh dear

Was reading the toonami tumblr and came across this:

Anonymous Asked: hey guys thanks for keeping tonami great. i wanted to ask if you guys could rerun space dandy episodes later in the nite. i work late saturday nites and wont be sble to catch the show at 11:30. thanks

We may eventually re-run it later, stay tuned!

I wonder if they're talking about re-running the series once it completes or repeating episodes at the end of the night? I wonder if Space Dandy would do better than IGPX or Clone Wars at the same time spot...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

69ldMIa.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finishing up One Piece 180 for the night. I must say, despite being a bit slow, they sure did build up the villain....but then suddenly something hit me.
If Luffy's made of rubber, doesn't that mean all of Eneru's electric attacks do nothing since rubber is an insulator for electricity? Unless he's super powerful where that rule doesn't apply or something.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Finishing up One Piece 180 for the night. I must say, despite being a bit slow, they sure did build up the villain....but then suddenly something hit me.
If Luffy's made of rubber, doesn't that mean all of Eneru's electric attacks do nothing since rubber is an insulator for electricity? Unless he's super powerful where that rule doesn't apply or something.

Oh man, you are in for one of the great moments of the series. Just wait and see, just wait and see.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Obligatory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i think my favorite part was the ridiculous five-way battle in the ruins around the beanstalk.
I enjoyed the part afterwards when
the entire damn thing fell and Luffy & co. tried to escape the snake

Guess I'll watch 181 as well before I go to bed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If I was watching OP fresh there's no way I could resist.

Hell when I was watching it fresh I once put in something approaching 20 hours in a single day to watching water seven. I was stuck in bed with an illness and I couldn't sleep a wink so it was the perfect companion.

If I was watching OP fresh there's no way I could resist.

Hell when I was watching it fresh I once put in something approaching 20 hours in a single day to watching water seven. I was stuck in bed with an illness and I couldn't sleep a wink so it was the perfect companion.

I watched all 560ish (at the time) episodes of OP in like 4-6 weeks, where I was literally watching OP from the moment I got home from work until I went to bed

Seda

Finally saw Space Dandy.

-I'm okay with Dandy's voice, it's appropriately campy. Someone in the Space Dandy OT said it's Zapp Brannigan-esqe. I'd agree with the delivery somewhat, at times, but the dialogue is not as clever/witty.
-I don't care for QT's autotune voice much. Especially when he 'screams'.
-The humor in the first part...well, it wasn't cringeworthy like, say, Bleach. But it wasn't very funny. Doesn't bother me much though.
-As for 'fanservice', there was barely anything. And I've certainly shown my disdain for it in the past. At least what was there fit the chosen setting. (heck, I'm more put off by GitS fanservice sometimes, like random 'plot' and 'backstory' shots of the Major that don't fit the tone of that show)
-The chase scene was delightfully zany and wacky and silly. I'd like more of that, but don't want to have the entire 26 episode run saturated with too much.
-Toy Story reference? Maybe, pointing it out because no one else mentioned it: I'll chase that man to the far edge of infinity ... and beyond

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OP 181: Hmmm, do I make a reference to Danger, High Voltage by Electric Six or Thunderstruck by AC/DC? Eh, either way, they get the point across.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wish I could cap myself, then maybe I'd end up playing more video games lol

I play a lot of games while rewatching shows.

Got through EO IV, a few hundred hours on Animal Crossing, SMT IV and two or three other 3DS games last year while rewatching all of Dragon Ball, DBZ Kai, GTO, YYH, and a bunch of dub One Piece.

Divide episode up into even numbers. Set schedules. It's the best thing you way to limit yourself.

Get too sucked into the story line to stop, at this point doing things like posting on gaf while watching or doing my back log is the best I can do for new shows.

Sometimes I like putting stuff in the background as distraction noise that I've already seen while playing games, but I generally prefer various LPs for that instead of anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Divide episode up into even numbers. Set schedules. It's the best thing you way to limit yourself.

On that OP watch I initially did that. It didn't even last a day.

I start out with 3 episodes. Takes about an hour of your life if you do some credit skipping. Then I went to 5. 5 per day after dinner before bed. Sounds good right?

Then I might have made a mental note of ten before going into full "watch while I'm awake, not at work, not making food/using the restroom"

Other scheduled anime viewings have worked for me. It's how I initally did E7/Planetes/Honey and Clover in a big watch block for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom