• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah. FMA:B is looking to be the show that sees the most time on Toonami, as it doesn't miss movie nights and it's a long repeating show.

MikeMyers said:
The sun will have long set on the British Empire before LORD SESSHOMARU leaves TOONAMI. Especially not after they BRING FINAL ACT TO TOONAMI.

The amazing part of the YYH discs are they went back and fixed up the dub. Suzuka is properly renamed Suzuki (action figure licensing had them change it originally), many background parts were re-recorded for quality reasons, ect. The transfer is beautiful.

Do they still mispronounce "Urameshi"? :p

Raxus

With FMA:B repeating, Samurai Jack replacing FLCL and Blue Exorcist replacing Soul Eater that leaves GitS and IGPX as the next shows to get replaced right? I assume 2nd GiG would replace GitS. Hopefully SBT comes back to replace IGPX. I assume SAO's replacement will be a new show.

With FMA:B repeating, Samurai Jack replacing FLCL and Blue Exorcist replacing Soul Eater that leaves GitS and IGPX as the next shows to get replaced right? I assume 2nd GiG would replace GitS. Hopefully SBT comes back to replace IGPX. I assume SAO's replacement will be a new show.

SAO ends before Soul eater

Seda

Basically we know Blue Exorcist is replacing Soul Eater or SAO and we aren't sure what's going to happen when the other ends.

Here are the tentative end dates:

Space Dandy: June 28th, 2014 (Will most likely repeat)
Bleach: October 4th, 2014 (Will most likely NOT repeat)
Shippuden: NEVER
One Piece: NEVER
Soul Eater: March 15, 2014 (Not repeating)
SAO: Feburary 8, 2014 (Not repeating)
FLCL: January 18th, 2014 (Not repeating)
Naruto: TBD
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood: February 8th, 2014 (Will repeat)
Ghost in the Shell: April 26th, 2014 (2nd Gig will take this spot)
IGPX: April 19th, 2014 (Could repeat, who knows)
Clone Wars: Who cares
Inuyasha: November 15th, 2014 (Will most likely NOT repeat)

Here's what we know is coming:

Blue Exorcist
Samurai Jack

Questions arise as to what will replace Bleach, SAO and FLCL

We don't know where Samurai Jack will fall on the schedule, toonami hasn't said anything yet.

I think we'll just be getting another old show. Didn't they say in the previous Q&A that they don't have any big announcements planned soon? Just some big surprises later in the year?

I think we'll just be getting another old show. Didn't they say in the previous Q&A that they don't have any big announcements planned soon? Just some big surprises later in the year?

If its an old show it's probably SBT, though its weird why wait so long to announce an old show? Unless SBT is a back up plan in case the series they're trying to get doesn't work out for whatever reason

If its an old show it's probably SBT, though its weird why wait so long to announce an old show? Unless SBT is a back up plan in case the series they're trying to get doesn't work out for whatever reason

Maybe they'll just do like a super low-key announcement like,"Sup, bitches. SBT coming back next week. Laters."

Maybe they'll just do like a super low-key announcement like,"Sup, bitches. SBT coming back next week. Laters."

Guess that's possible

Also unrelated to Toonami but I'm still laughing and need to post it

For Final Jeopardy: This Video Game character is blue, collects rings, and goes fast!

8x1t6wj.jpg

Raxus

Young Justice and Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. will have their 3rd seasons.

Megas XLR will come back.

Togashi will start HxH again.

Raxus

Mystery Inc was an awesome show :[

Indeed it was. Renewed my love of the franchise only to have it snatched away by CN.

If only I could solve the mystery behind CN's scheduling.

Did you know they scheduled a Regular Show episode on New Years eve? I didn't even know that was a thing.

Crocodile

So apparently I need to buy the shit out of the YYH Blur-Rays O_O

Indeed it was. Renewed my love of the franchise only to have it snatched away by CN.

If only I could solve the mystery behind CN's scheduling.

Did you know they scheduled a Regular Show episode on New Years eve? I didn't even know that was a thing.

I knew. I knew :p It was actually a great special. I love how the show, as crazy as it is, adheres to continuity and respects precious events as they pertain to characters and characterization. I'm curious how the major plot thread laid out at the end of the episode are followed up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach still gets DVD releases, right? Has the Viz version even reached the end yet or could this just be him doing the final volume of that.

Bleach still gets DVD releases, right? Has the Viz version even reached the end yet or could this just be him doing the final volume of that.

Yeah, they still do DVD releases. The DVDs are way behind the tv airing though. The upcoming DVD set will barely hit the episode where Shinji Hirako is fighting Aizen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
and the Toonami dub finishes up in October right?

Probably just recording the rest of the dub then. Six-Nine months is about the right amount of lead time.

Am I late for What I Own (aka My Private Shame)?

For the longest time, my anime collection was:
Cowboy Bebop (Series + Movie)
Samurai Champloo
FLCL
Sprited Away

Since Toonami returned, I've added:
Casshern Sins
FMA:B
Soul Eater
Project A:Ko
Michiko + Haitchin

I have exactly four volumes of manga: 2 Cowboy Bebops and the FLCL set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom