• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toonami at A panel at momocon already said they would consider new sailor moon if it were licensed. Adult swim's audience bought into sao why wouldn't they buy into sailor moon?
SAO is about some nerd who plays video games and has tons of women on his nuts. It's a power fantasy that resonates with a male audience more so than a shojo anime aimed at 12 year old girls. The general adult swim audience probably isn't going to go for that.

We don't know how the new series is being handled though, it could go in a more mature, serious direction.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sailor Moon is likely the fifth or sixth most popular anime to ever air in the US and it still does great merch sales.

DBZ Naruto Bleach Sailor Moon Pokémon in some order.

It is a literal no brainer.

I was driving back from work right after I heard the July date and would have posted in here right away if not for the long ass drive I had ahead of me. This one might even be popular enough for another simuldub.

TheChits

Sailor Moon is the shit. As long as the new one is good, I'd love to see it on Toonami. Dat Sailor Jupiter <3

If gundam build fighter gets a dub, I love to see it on toonami.

It's awesome for a gundam mark like me.
I'm disappointed in myself for not having watched this yet. It looks awesome

Sailor Moon is likely the fifth or sixth most popular anime to ever air in the US and it still does great merch sales.

I was driving back from work right after I heard the July date and would have posted in here right away if not for the long ass drive I had ahead of me. This one might even be popular enough for another simuldub.

Exactly, as I said last page the manga which finally got licensed for release rather recently has been one of the best selling Manga in the NA market. If a series can sell as well as Naruto in the deader then dead NA manga market it can do well on Toonami

Exactly, as I said last page the manga which finally got licensed for release rather recently has been one of the best selling Manga in the NA market. If a series can sell as well as Naruto in the deader then dead NA manga market it can do well on Toonami

i don't think the people who buy manga are the majority of Toonami's viewers.

Fun fact

Togashi mangaka of YYH and HxH is married to the mangaka of Sailor moon, so if this new Sailor Moon anime does well that's more money for him to not have to make more HxH with

i don't think the people who buy manga are the majority of Toonami's viewers.

No, but there is clearly a big market that might tune in to watch brand new hd sailor moon on tv.

Not trying to be 'that guy' but I'm going to need to see some US statistics and/or sales charts to back that up because everything I'm finding seems to contradict that claim.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It like DBZ will bring in nostalgia views by the droves.

Kai did incredibly well when it premiered (even out of its demographic) because it was remastered DBZ.

EDIT: Sailor Moon was in syndication for ten years and on Toonami for five. Does incredible merch sales at conventions to this day and the recent reprint of the manga topped the charts and it is what, twenty something years old now?

bigkrev

Oh and that's pretty cool, bigkrev. I dunno if I could ever drop that much cash on a gaming PC. Mostly because i'm a lowly console peasant. :p

Probably.

I've totally convinced myself to do this this summer. Almost entirely so I can mod Skyrim out the wazoo.

I play a lot of Magic Online (which can run on a computer from the late 90s), and Hearthstone (which can run well on a 300 dollar laptop), so I decided that as my 2009 laptop dies, I probably need a superpowered gaming PC.

Actually, i'm using this as an excuse to wait a while on a next gen console. I want to play Titanfall, Uncharted, and Sports games. I can get Titanfall on PC, and pray that the 2K15 PC port is better than the 2K14 one was!

Also, I have a near 300 game large Steam Library of games i buy during sales, that my computer could never run. Helllllooooooo backlog!

I play a lot of Magic Online (which can run on a computer from the late 90s), and Hearthstone (which can run well on a 300 dollar laptop), so I decided that as my 2009 laptop dies, I probably need a superpowered gaming PC.

Actually, i'm using this as an excuse to wait a while on a next gen console. I want to play Titanfall, Uncharted, and Sports games. I can get Titanfall on PC, and pray that the 2K15 PC port is better than the 2K14 one was!

Also, I have a near 300 game large Steam Library of games i buy during sales, that my computer could never run. Helllllooooooo backlog!
300?!?! Geez, I have like 9 games at the most. And all of those were games people just gave me for free. I guess this PC was much needed.

bigkrev

Nope, first time.

Why do they keep asking Isaac yes/no questions that don't matter what I answer.

Because silent JRPG protag!

I don't think I could go back to that game. The lack of auto re-targeting when you kill an enemy, leading to missed turns is unacceptable game design, and i'm sure those graphics look real bad today.

Levyne

Banned
I have like 70 steam games and I feel that's too many. I really only buy what I plan on playing, I don't see it as a collectathon or something.

I'm Levynegaf on steam if anyone wants to add me. I know I have Fox and bigkrev

Not trying to be 'that guy' but I'm going to need to see some US statistics and/or sales charts to back that up because everything I'm finding seems to contradict that claim.

3 months in a row number 1 in 2011 when the first volume came out

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...raphic-novels-in-u.s-bookstores-for-3rd-month

Final volume also opened at number 1 in 2013 (can't link phone is dumb)

Also the sailor moon wiki page has all kinds of links to how popular sailor moon was and the impact it had on us anime/manga scene. It and DBZ were the two most influential anime period

Seda

All I know about Sailor Moon is that the girl transforms by putting jewels in her hair or something and nobody recognizes her??

bigkrev

Weren't 2 of the girls lovers in the Japanese version, but changed to cousins or something for the US to explain why they always held hands or something?

TheChits

Have you played Golden Sun before? It's my favorite RPG on the GBA. So good.

You're a good person.
I have like 70 steam games and I feel that's too many. I really only buy what I plan on playing, I don't see it as a collectathon or something.

I'm Levynegaf on steam if anyone wants to add me. I know I have Fox and bigkrev

Added. I mostly play Tf2 and L4D2 for my multiplayer fix

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Weren't 2 of the girls lovers in the Japanese version, but changed to cousins or something for the US to explain why they always held hands or something?

Correct. It was the edgy 90's so they went from lesbians to lesbian cousins (because they did an awful job of covering it up.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom