• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I don't know if I can explain this without coming off as a total creepazoid but this is one of my favorite endings.

Love the water colors, love the song, always enjoyed the technique in animation where something is drawn or colored in on the fly.

It's one of my favorites aswell

LOLDSFAN

whats the password.

tumblr_mlbdd1xgzq1riiacxo1_500.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, we kick things off with the WORLD PREMIERE broadcast of Space Dandy at the new early time of 11:30 pm ET! After that dandy intro, Bleach is back with some more bullshit and twice as many Hinamoris as if one wasn't enough. Then it's the long overdue debut of Naruto Shippuden on Toonami, as Naruto (SPOILER ALERT) returns to Konohagakure after spending 2 and a half years pining away for Sasuke while training with Jiraiya for the inevitable clash with Akatsuki. Confused? Good, there's more early Naruto later on in the night.

After that, it's back to Water 7 as the Straw Hats regroup onboard the Going Merry and Usopp learns of his captain's decision on the ship's fate, Stein falls deeper and deeper into madness, Kirito and Leafa come under attack from Salamanders, Naota has more pussy than he knows what to do with, Naruto makes his second (and decidedly less mature) debut of the night, Roy Mustang tries to fight fate but it's Pride who has the last laugh, a battle from Batou's past resurfaces in the urban jungle of Niihama, River finally gets his shot against Takeshi, Obi-wan's team infiltrates a droid occupied town, and finally Sango and Miroku confront Saint Hakushin.

11:30 - Space Dandy - 1 - Live With the Flow, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 326 - The Two Hinamoris, Hitsugaya's Resolution
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 1 - Homecoming
1:00 - One Piece - 235 - Big Fight Under the Moon! The Pirate Flag Flutters With Sorrow!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 41 - Twirl 'Round and 'Round – A New World in Which the Doc Dances?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 19 - The Lugru Corridor
2:30 - FLCL - 3 - Marquis de Carabas
3:00 - Naruto - 1 - Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 59 - Lost Light
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 10 - JUNGLE CRUISE
4:30 - IGPX - 10 - Showdown
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 20 - Innocents of Ryloth
5:30 - Inuyasha - 119 - Divine Malice of the Saint

Amikami

Banned
Wow. I just realized that star wars got pushed way back and replaced a Inuyasha. Definitely don't mind pt1 Naruto in its place but I wish they didn't go back to episode 1.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if Jungle Cruise will get the not suitable for minors warning it normally gets.

If you thought SAC was all talk talk talk stay up and watch this one.

Wow. I just realized that star wars got pushed way back and replaced a Inuyasha. Definitely don't mind pt1 Naruto in its place but I wish they didn't go back to episode 1.

It was get shippuden with the first 52 of naruto as an added bonus, or get the rest of part 1 naruto with no shippuden. I'd make the same choice if I were them

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Viz are such teases.

Naruto Shippuden did AWFUL on Disney XD. It has nowhere near the number of households CN has and nothing around it to support it. They just plopped it in prime time and watched it lose audience week by week.

With that timeslot Shippuden should kill on Toonami, and I'm betting Naruto classic will do well. Not as well if they had just continued with the best run the show has but still well enough. Naruto fans are like herpes; they only retreat to come back when you least expect them.

This is the least secure clubhouse ever.

Who but fox in charge of security again?

Theyre both crap. I just happen to enjoy one crap and not the other.

Lets not judge a 26 episode dubbed anime based upon half a subbed episode. I have faith the second half will be more action packed and people will walk away interested in more

I'd rather see SBT than Naruto again from the beginning, I hope it gets terrible ratings

Not gonna happen, it'd be like wishing a rerun of dbz or bleach at that slot would bomb far too popular to fail

Amikami

Banned
It was get shippuden with the first 52 of naruto as an added bonus, or get the rest of part 1 naruto with no shippuden. I'd make the same choice if I were them

Yep definitely. I'm curious to see how well Shippuden does in the ratings. I imagine it'll be pretty good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I guarantee if they get Kai or classic DBZ or anything like that it'll go on at 11:30 or even more likely 11.

It's the only show that could possibly beat out Family Guy/Boondocks.

I hope we never get DBZ in any form just to spite those annoying people on tumblr who are always begging for it. Motherfuckers, wake up early on Saturday and watch it on CW.

I hope we never get DBZ in any form just to spite those annoying people on tumblr who are always begging for it. Motherfuckers, wake up early on Saturday and watch it on CW.

Watch censored dbz in 2014? Nothanks.jpg

DBZ Kai seems like a logical acquisition in the future, it's "new" to toonami, its popular, and supposedly we're getting a buu saga kai which could premier on toonami

Man God

Non-Canon Member

While I do understand those feelings as I share them I also realize that there is probably a lot of money in DBZ if the deal is done right. I've made the analogy before but it is absolutely 100% true. DBZ is to anime what Hulk Hogan is to wrestling. It's the biggest draw in the US and always gets people's attention when promoted. It'd be a great lead in.

Bleach by comparison is John Cena. A leader of the modern day ratings scene but nothing compared to the glory days. Bleach is also good for business.

In fact the only problem with this analogy at all is that DBZ was better than Hulk and Bleach is worse than John Cena, who unlike Bleach can actually entertain you most of the time!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watch censored dbz in 2014? Nothanks.jpg

DBZ Kai seems like a logical acquisition in the future, it's "new" to toonami, its popular, and supposedly we're getting a buu saga kai which could premier on toonami

Only problem with that is we have no idea what the rights look like for it. For all we know Nick is just sitting on it.

The other problem could be money related of course.

Popo is blue.
I thought that was a change they made for Kai, not just the censored version. Black Popo is bad. If your popo is black, please consult a doctor.

While I do understand those feelings as I share them I also realize that there is probably a lot of money in DBZ if the deal is done right. I've made the analogy before but it is absolutely 100% true. DBZ is to anime what Hulk Hogan is to wrestling. It's the biggest draw in the US and always gets people's attention when promoted. It'd be a great lead in.

Bleach by comparison is John Cena. A leader of the modern day ratings scene but nothing compared to the glory days. Bleach is also good for business.

In fact the only problem with this analogy at all is that DBZ was better than Hulk and Bleach is worse than John Cena, who unlike Bleach can actually entertain you most of the time!
True. It would bring in the dough.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Blue Popo was a change for The CW broadcast of Kai, it was censorship.
On Nicktoons, Popo was unchanged.

Amikami

Banned
Its been a hell of a long time since I've seen DBZ, and I've also seen it quite a few times, so I don't know if it would be on the top of my wish list for toonami but once it started I would probably really enjoy it again. Toonami at least trying to obtain DBZ Kai is a given if you ask me. Too much to be gained.

I would really actually like to see Dragon Ball though. I remember liking it as a kid. Wonder how it would hold up for me now?

I thought that was a change they made for Kai, not just the censored version. Black Popo is bad. If your popo is black, please consult a doctor.

True. It would bring in the dough.

Nope that was a cw change, uncut kai is basically uncut dbz will the filler removed and occasionally odd jumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom