• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
also halos look like this

e-5.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Its been a hell of a long time since I've seen DBZ, and I've also seen it quite a few times, so I don't know if it would be on the top of my wish list for toonami but once it started I would probably really enjoy it again. Toonami at least trying to obtain DBZ Kai is a given if you ask me. Too much to be gained.

I would really actually like to see Dragon Ball though. I remember liking it as a kid. Wonder how it would hold up for me now?

I watched it this summer while playing SMT IV. It held up great. Even saw a few episodes I missed the first time around.

Lich King said its one of his all time favorites too...he also said no super old shows though.

Nicktoons is an edited version of Kai though so they could if they obtained the rights honestly promote DBZ Kai as uncut for the first time.

Raxus

I am going to do a quick recap on the upcoming episodes myself before the prewatch.

I just wanted to add this weeks One Piece is SUUUUUUUUUPER!

Then what was your original wow name?

Leef, I played WoW AGES ago though. The last expansion I played was Wrath of the Lich King. I played a Druid.

Amikami

Banned
I watched it this summer while playing SMT IV. It held up great. Even saw a few episodes I missed the first time around.

Lich King said its one of his all time favorites too...he also said no super old shows though.

Aww. Too bad. Sounds like it really was as fun as I remember. I'll probably find it on amazon and collect the seasons. Really want to watch them again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even without the premieres this would have been a good week. Great episodes of One Piece, Inuyasha, FLCL, and an especially memorable GITS:SAC. FMAB will probably be good, I love the first episodes of both Naruto shows, someone said this week's SAO is crazy, the premise of Soul Eater has me excited, there's no way doubling up Hinamori could possibly go wrong on Bleach and I think some people liked this IGPX.

Even without the premieres this would have been a good week. Great episodes of One Piece, Inuyasha, FLCL, and an especially memorable GITS:SAC. FMAB will probably be good, I love the first episodes of both Naruto shows, someone said this week's SAO is crazy, the premise of Soul Eater has me excited, there's no way doubling up Hinamori could possibly go wrong on Bleach and I think some people liked this IGPX.

i think IGPX is starting to get to the point where it realizes the characters suck and it focuses mostly on the races.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i think IGPX is starting to get to the point where it realizes the characters suck and it focuses mostly on the races.

Hilariously enough all my favorite episodes in season 2 are character driven while most of the races bore me to tears. First half of season 1 though was boring no matter what they were doing and that soft ass music forced me to drink an extra cup of tea at 3:00am.

Hilariously enough all my favorite episodes in season 2 are character driven while most of the races bore me to tears. First half of season 1 though was boring no matter what they were doing and that soft ass music forced me to drink an extra cup of tea at 3:00am.

i remember the Amy episode being weirdly good, but that was about it unless i'm forgetting something.

bigkrev

Well, just set the DVR to record Dandy because I'm going out tonight, and doubt I'll be home in time to watch.

With my luck, I'll end up home just in time to watch SAO!

lol, hey bass what do you thnk of shippuden's beach ending?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvM_w-RnjyY

Visually the Naruto version is a lot better because (as someone else said) the style of drawing in a character live is really cool, my concern was sexualizing 14 year old characters. This ending does that as well, but they're 17ish at that point which is legal in places and the series itself treats the characters a bit more like adults so it's not as creepy in that regard. Visually the Shippuden opening spends WAAAAY too much time having Sakura just walking on a beach from a side view, then showing us her ass as she walks. The remaining bits showing the other characters were a lot more enjoyable, we also get to see Tsunade, Temari, and male characters in beach outfits.

Give me the Naruto style of opening, but with the Shippuden ages and additional girls like Tsunade, Shizune, and Temari and you'd have the perfect fan service opening that isn't pedo creepy.

Is there a worse female character then Sakura? Seriously (episode 109) takes the opportunity to stomp all over her in the present and in multiple flashbacks.

Edit: JESUS CHRIST SHUT THE HELL UP SAKURA
YOU'RE ONLY 14 YOU DON'T LOVE HIM

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So... college starts next next week meaning I'm busy with family matters so there is no pre-show next week. As a result yall can choose the preshow shennanigans today however there are restrictions. Note the restrictions are not in place because I like/dislike a particular shows but because they are OUT of my control lol. Sorry guys. We are starting at 8:00 pm eastern though.

Valvrave - up to two episodes.
Jojo - up one episode.
Fate/Zero - up to three episodes.
Darker than black - up to three episodes.
Steins;Gate - Up to three episodes.

So... college starts next next week meaning I'm busy with family matters so there is no pre-show next week. As a result yall can choose the preshow shennanigans today however there are restrictions. Note the restrictions are not in place because I like/dislike a particular shows but because they are OUT of my control lol. Sorry guys. We are starting at 8:00 pm eastern though.

Jojo - up one episode.

3 episodes of Steins;Gate please!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well I think my girlfriend is coming over tonight, so I have a feeling I may be missing the block tonight.

I have mixed feelings about this...

Jojo - up one episode.

How many spots do we have?

3 Fate/Zero, then 3 Steins Gate, then if we have any more DTB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom