• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

Froli

damn.. that animated dagger wielding assassin/thief looks so nice. I wish Baldurs gate series was re-released with graphics update as detailed as this character lol.

Zanosuke

Just changed my pledge from $20 to $153. That's by far the most I've ever backed a kickstarter project but the original game gave me such a memorable experience : )

New update!

TL;DR: Sagus Cliffs in Unity with new Mark Morgan music (video). New add-ons! Colin McComb answers some of your questions (video).

Hello Forgotten Ones,

28 hours left. We had a strong showing yesterday – over 2500 new backers (hi!) and $150K! Today is going even better – we’re well on track to eclipse yesterday’s totals. A special thanks to Obsidian Entertainment who, in a classy show of solidarity, formally pledged to Torment today, helping us to climb toward their own record. Can we reach $4M and become the most funded video game Kickstarter yet? RPG fans unite!

To review the rewards included with each pledge Tier, check out the tables on our tumblr site. Descriptions of the rewards can be found here.

And to look at the available add-ons (and how to include add-ons in your pledge) check here.

We'll be sending a brief update tomorrow morning, but with this one you've seen all we have to show. =) Onward to the finale!

New Add-ons

We have a few last add-ons to announce based upon requests we’ve received.

$20 Wasteland 2 Beta Test Access – Get in early to try out, and help us tune and polish this soon-to-be classic RPG later this year. (Note that wherever it makes sense, we’ll be adapting the Wasteland 2 systems for use in Torment, so in polishing Wasteland 2, we’re also building a stronger foundation for torment.) Just in case you haven’t seen it yet, you can check out our first look of Wasteland 2 from February. You’ll need to have added-on a copy of Wasteland 2 (either through a Pledge Tier, through an add-on, through the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter, or through the Wasteland 2 Store) to be a Beta Tester.

$8 Wasteland 2 Digital Soundtrack – You’ve heard a sample of Mark Morgan’s music for Torment. With this add-on you can get the 40 minute soundtrack of Mark's music for Wasteland 2. This add-on will be made available at the same time as it is released to Wasteland 2 backers.

$8 Wasteland 2 Digital Concept Art Book – Wasteland 2 concept art by Andree Wallin, Nils Hamm, and Chang Yuan. This add-on will be made available at the same time as it is released to Wasteland 2 backers.

$250 Wasteland 2 Autographed Collector’s Edition – You will receive a special collector's edition boxed copy of Wasteland 2 (PC, Mac, or Linux; DRM-free) that is SIGNED by key Wasteland 2 developers including Brian Fargo, Chris Avellone, and Colin McComb. The collector’s edition also includes a cloth map, instruction book, digital soundtrack, digital concept art book, a miniature, a faction badge, and beta access to Wasteland® 2. An additional $20 is required for shipping outside of the United States.

$750 Limited Edition Signed Print (Limit one per backer) – This is the print that's available through the $1K Limited Edition Signed Print Pledge Tier (as well as all higher Tiers). We are also happy to announce that your choices for the print will include The Ascension of Kex-Lianish and Dust and Water concepts by Andree Wallin. We expect the size of these pieces to be approximately 32” by 14”. (Other concept art pieces may also be available.) We are still researching our exact print methods but this will be a high quality print. We are looking at possibilities to print it on cotton rag paper, with a parchment paper surface, to create a true art reproduction feel. Unframed.

Dennis

Banned
ibxjvJbNY78W1i.gif

I looked at this saying it would be interesting, but I was still awaiting the payoff from Wasteland 2 and Project Eternity before I'd sink more in to another unproven project. That, and I'm a bit upset at Kickstarter for allowing blatant scams to proceed unhindered.

Then today I saw one of the $20 early adopter packs opened up.

God help me...I did it again. I'm weak.

Those feels... that music... So good.

Interesting that they're going for three companions (four at max) in your party. That should make for some nice, focussed interaction and content.

Mashing

Damn it, both the $95 AND $110 filled up as I was updating my pledge. I don't know if I want to go to the next highest physical tier.

Edit: And second later a $110 opened up.

Went from digital tier $39 to physical tier $110.

Zeliard

Damn it, both the $95 AND $110 filled up as I was updating my pledge. I don't know if I want to go to the next highest physical tier.

Edit: And second later a $110 opened up.

Went from digital tier $39 to physical tier $110.

Dammit, a $95 spot was open?

If anyone here is moving from $95 to another tier, I'll be your best pal if you give me a heads up beforehand so I can move down from $110 :p

Zukuu

Banned
I'd sooo hope we reach 4.5 mill. I want a stronghold. :<
Dunno about 16 tides tho. I feel that is over the top.

Top Bottom