• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

Durante

b5291906221084d03a4187ab81418585_large.png

lulz
That neat. Very neat.

Then 4 million is more or less a lock (we needed 8.7k hourly average over the final 39 hours for that).
Yeah, I think 4 million is a lock. It would have to have an extremely atypical pattern tomorrow for that not to be reached.

It seems like it's a much more weird maze now. I like it, despite the sharp decline in art quality.

I guess the decline in art quality is because everything's moving so fast & they drop new fathoms at an alarming rate :p
what bothers me the most is that it's not that mystic anymore. I liked the simplicity of the first images. I thought the maze represented your mind and I wanted to explore every crooked inch of my deranged head. just that. but now the mind's inside a snow globe inside a room inside some mindfuck inception painting and I just hope they still know what's going on because it gets harder to follow

Gattsu25

Banned
I guess the decline in art quality is because everything's moving so fast & they drop new fathoms at an alarming rate :p
what bothers me the most is that it's not that mystic anymore. I liked the simplicity of the first images. I thought the maze represented your mind and I wanted to explore every crooked inch of my deranged head. just that. but now the mind's inside a snow globe inside a room inside some mindfuck inception painting and I just hope they still know what's going on because it gets harder to follow
I actually thought the last two were created by GAF posters :\

~Kinggi~

Banned

Here is a comment by None at the codex

Dana Knutson is the artist behind the Castoff's Labyrinth, as we've mentioned a few times. He is a veteran artist of RPGs, possibly best known for the creation of the Lady of Pain*, which in my book means he is awesome forever.

The reason it looks rushed is because it's rushed. That's not his fault, we got started on this too late. Blame me, it's easiest.

Change back your avatar, it's awful!

~Kinggi~

Banned
I think if we see success in these round of games, PE, W2 and Torment, then this InExile and Obsidian collab is almost exactly like a new Black Isle establishment.

Also someone made this gif in the comments.

e7332482829bce47f4fc3cfde34fb66d.gif

They have artist which came up with Lady of Pain art ? Well Shit:

[IMG ]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/3/30280/1478808-lady_of_pain_beta_by_trg_art.jpg[/IMG]

This kickstarter keeps being better and better every day.

that's some ugly lady of pain, this one is much nicer
Concept-Character-Art-19.jpg

does anyone have a bigger version ?

Zeliard

Yeah it seems to be an infinite regress. The structure behind the window struck me instantly as looking like the first fathom.

DTKT

Which sites are you guys using for tracking Kickstart? Kicktraq is great, but I'd love a more detailed breakdown.

~Kinggi~

Banned
PE got so much last minute funding cause MCA was all like 'im fuckin drunk you fools lets get naked' or something or other. It might not be completely accurate.

NeededSleep

i really am interested in upping mine to the 250 physical version but i just don't know. its a lot of money. but damn looks good, anyone else in this situation?

Instro

Up for another bet? I predict this hitting 4.5millions. If I'm wrong, you get to pick my avatar (for a month) but if I'm correct I get to choose your avatar.

While I think this will be a little front loaded, you are probably underestimating the multiplier. All the notable game kick starters made well over 3x their first 24 hours. I would think something like 4.5mil is more likely.

Called that number a month ago bro, its mine!

i really am interested in upping mine to the 250 physical version but i just don't know. its a lot of money. but damn looks good, anyone else in this situation?

I just was and I went with it. Well not $250 since it is gone, but $275. Don't know how much it is worth it since you can get the Printed Novella Compilation as an addon for $40, but not sure if that includes the 2 extra ones that were added later. Will see how I feel about this tomorrow.

Top Bottom