• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

zroid

Banned
Apparently going to need to get a needle in the eye today... Good fucking Lord I'm freaking out right now

Edit: apparently there's some blockage in my eye, which was causing my right eye to be blurry since last Monday. Need to inject medication into the eye to try and unblock it. Then going to need to do another procedure next week because my retina is partially detached as well.

My eyes literally started running when I was reading this. Ffffuuuu

good luck man

yyzjohn

Banned
The xenophobia and hatred stemming after these Paris attacks just make me sad. The world is a shitty place sometimes, actually it seems most of the time now.

Mupod

Apparently going to need to get a needle in the eye today... Good fucking Lord I'm freaking out right now

Edit: apparently there's some blockage in my eye, which was causing my right eye to be blurry since last Monday. Need to inject medication into the eye to try and unblock it. Then going to need to do another procedure next week because my retina is partially detached as well.

make sure to play through Dead Space 2 beforehand to relax.

ahdurian

My eyes literally started running when I was reading this. Ffffuuuu

good luck man

thanks. found out i have to do another two injections between now and January though to see if they can fully get rid of the blockage. with the sheer amount of freezing they did, it actually wasn't that bad

make sure to play through Dead Space 2 beforehand to relax.

fuck no

So anyone in TOGAF get flagged for the Overwatch beta this weekend?

I just checked and im flagged. Installing it now

Nope. I don't think I'm ever going to play Overwatch before release. I don't think I'm going to buy Overwatch at all at release since it's $80 CAD

i'm in bruhs

Rinoa

Very sorry to hear you have to go through that, I hope the procedure went well and you recover well!

Anth0ny

Pj5kRp3.jpg

Well deserved AL MVP by the bringer of rain.

Samyy

Hey guys, is it possible to find something to rent around Toronto (preferably along any Subway line) for around $900/month? I want to move out in the spring hopefully. Trying to look around but kinda lost/confused.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hey guys, is it possible to find something to rent around Toronto (preferably along any Subway line) for around $900/month? I want to move out in the spring hopefully. Trying to look around but kinda lost/confused.

$900 is probably the low end on the far reaches of the east and west ends of the city for a one bedroom. Bachelor can definitely be found for around that price. We pay $1,100 inclusive about 300m from St Clair West station right now.

If you're willing to go to a basement apartment, you can find places for even cheaper. Your experience and wildly vary though and a lot of people that rent basements are not great landlords.

Viewit.ca, craigslist, kijiji. You can use something like Pad Mapper too.

Samyy

$900 is probably the low end on the far reaches of the east and west ends of the city for a one bedroom. .

Oh really :/
I don't mind having roommates or whatever either, don't need to have my own place.
I tried using Padmapper but was getting like no results :/

That's going to be tight for sure.

I was renting for $950 and living directly beside High Park station but I found that place about five years ago. I think you are looking at $1050 minimum for anything of quality. And that's for a junior.

Samyy

That's going to be tight for sure.

I was renting for $950 and living directly beside High Park station but I found that place about five years ago. I think you are looking at $1050 minimum for anything of quality. And that's for a junior.

Yea thats depressing, don't know if I want to live in a basement so I guess I'll just keep my eyes open for now. The max I think I could realistically do and feel comfortable about how much I'm putting away for savings is probably $1000 but I was hoping for some wiggle room.

Quadratic

I floated the idea of a hotpot meetup once. But our numbers are too crazy and we would need to reserve a large chunk of a restaurant. Korean BBQ would be fun as well.

If anyone is curious, Willectro got banned over in the Overwatch beta thread. He had a mini meltdown not getting into the stress test this weekend.

Mupod

I floated the idea of a hotpot meetup once. But our numbers are too crazy and we would need to reserve a large chunk of a restaurant. Korean BBQ would be fun as well.

If anyone is curious, Willectro got banned over in the Overwatch beta thread. He had a mini meltdown not getting into the stress test this weekend.

will probably feel silly after they open it up to preorders after a couple stress tests. Blizzard likes money and will want to start raking it in as soon as they think they can manage it.

I get the salt over dumb shit. In particular people getting in with multiple standing bans on their accounts or those incapable of running it. But if anything that just proves it was random and they don't have any kind of favoritism regarding selection.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So my work Movember team is now $227 away from having to dye our moustaches pink.

Preparing to swallow sadness...for a good cause.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yea thats depressing, don't know if I want to live in a basement so I guess I'll just keep my eyes open for now. The max I think I could realistically do and feel comfortable about how much I'm putting away for savings is probably $1000 but I was hoping for some wiggle room.
650 dollars. Basement. Leslieville. Just...umm...you'll have to coexist what whatever creepy crawlers have taken over down there. :D
We should all do hotpot at a meetup sometime.
So we can share all each other's saliva?

Korean BBQ would be chaotic with 20 people but might be worth it once.
So my work Movember team is now $227 away from having to dye our moustaches pink.

Preparing to swallow sadness...for a good cause.
Where's the pledge link? I'd also DEMAND photos and a pink fro FYI.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Wondered why he was banned. I don't think I got in, but I'll check when I get home.

They just wanted to be friends, dammit!

Edit: BLOODBORNE PATCH HYPE..,!!!!!

FUCK SPIDERS.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There is no small amount of irony in someone who has their dog off leash in a city park lecturing me on the type / length of my dog's lead. I'd say it's around 60% of dog owners in this city that are complete and totally dicks, which probably falls in line with the general populous though.

Y'all

Thinking about switching to Wind, I don't need/want data and their plan seems to be 25 bucks as opposed to the 40 I'm paying with Rogers.

Should I? Shouldn't I?

dluu13

Y'all

Thinking about switching to Wind, I don't need/want data and their plan seems to be 25 bucks as opposed to the 40 I'm paying with Rogers.

Should I? Shouldn't I?

I think it depends on how often you leave the city. My friends who use Wind mostly have no problems within the city but once you start driving on the highway, the coverage gets spotty. At least it's not like a few years ago when they first came out. I was still living in Vancouver then and I had a few friends whose phones would get no cell reception inside their own home. I also know of some people whose phones went roaming even though they were still in the city, but those all depend on your location.

jstripes

Banned
So this happened at Yonge+Dundas today:

Stop bullying the Christians, guys. They only control 90% of everything. They used to control 100%. That's not fair for them.

On a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised if this was some salty social engineering stunt after the recent Conservative election loss.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Stop bullying the Christians, guys. They only control 90% of everything. They used to control 100%. That's not fair for them.

On a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised if this was some salty social engineering stunt after the recent Conservative election loss.

Tis the season.

Yeah I saw the 'protest' today too. Crowd was rather small and a good portion of the protesters were visible minorities.

Mr. F

Banned

Haha yikes. I'm curious what the demographic breakdown is at a rally like that.

Not sure there are a lot of whiskey lovers here (I'm not) but here's some Canadian pride

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and...reeling-as-canadian-whisky-named-worlds-best/

We were talking about this at work. Two years in a row is an impressive feat. I haven't tried Crown Royal in ages. Gonna have to give a bottle of that one a shot.

Looking at the rest of the list, I see Glenfarclas putting in work. A co-worker was just raving about the standard expression; gonna have to give that a shot, too.

Rolling my eyes pretty hard at the blended scotch winners tho. Just more confirmation that the blends have nothing to offer.

Damn, it's snowing

I like looking at snow as it falls and seeing it on the ground during snowstorms, but hate dealing with it while driving and needing to shovel it so often with a lengthy gravel driveway.

Top Bottom