• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Dr.Acula

Banned
My PS3 was grinding and having trouble reading blurays so I brought it into Gamerama at Yonge and Eg. They had it for a long time, I brought it in Sunday and called Wednesday and it still wasn't fixed, I don't know if it was ready yesterday or today, but I only phoned them today. Anyhow, I get it back, still problems with Blurays (although at least it's quiet...) and now it won't even play some games. So I brought it back in. Basically, pray for my PS3.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Spending Friday night in ER....such fun

:( Hope the rest of your weekend is more pleasant.

My PS3 was grinding and having trouble reading blurays so I brought it into Gamerama at Yonge and Eg. They had it for a long time, I brought it in Sunday and called Wednesday and it still wasn't fixed, I don't know if it was ready yesterday or today, but I only phoned them today. Anyhow, I get it back, still problems with Blurays (although at least it's quiet...) and now it won't even play some games. So I brought it back in. Basically, pray for my PS3.

Are much are they quoting you to fix it? At some point, it might just be better to buy a PS3 when it's on sale, used, or at a SDM on 20x points day.

I guess you've missed my warnings about them.

It's the same shit with them from everyone I talk to. They take it into get fixed, it doesn't really get fixed, take it back to get fixed and it sort of gets fixed but with continuing issues.

At one time they were charging the same price as Sony for the repair job too. They "fixed" my PS3 and gave it back to me with a fan that was as loud as a jet engine and the blu-ray player started malfunctioning when it was working perfectly fine before. Took it back and they claimed that the jet engine sound was something I would have to deal with. If I wasn't happy with how it was running I could trade it in for about $80 towards a new one (which would be about $299 at the time). That's on top of the cost I had already spent for repair.

Fuck Gamerama repair. Never use them. Just pay Sony to do the fix or go out and buy a new one. Hell, I've been to their new location and people have come in complaining while I was in there multiple times. Their repair shop has soured me on the store as a whole.

Kraftwerk

Where's the best place for computer parts?

I want to get an ssd and maybe some other upgrades. Dunno who is best currently due to the dollar.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I want to get an ssd and maybe some other upgrades. Dunno who is best currently due to the dollar.

Wait a couple of weeks and Cyber Monday / BF deals will be around. I often end up going with NCIX when I need a part, as they have a Toronto store, they price match, etc, but who knows what sales will look like this year.

dluu13

NCIX is one of my favorite places because of their frequent sales and price matching. NCIX's parent company also owns a few online only stores and sometimes they have a lower price there you can match.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

PM a gaffer called "hinzel" and ask if he has any available. He may also have an eBay story but I've bought from him before.
Not sure if he's still selling parts but give it a try.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I guess you've missed my warnings about them.

It's the same shit with them from everyone I talk to. They take it into get fixed, it doesn't really get fixed, take it back to get fixed and it sort of gets fixed but with continuing issues.

Haha, oh man. I guess I should have asked in this thread first.

Well they just called me and the dude said his test disks worked so he was stumped, but was gonna re-replace the laser and I could pick it up later today.

Hopefully it works. I wanted to wait for a PS4 revision before upgrading.

mr.rager

Spending Friday night in ER....such fun

I spent my birthday in the ER 2 years ago, that was fun lol. At least you have your phone so you can do something to help ease the boredom.

It's raining here in Tokyo and I wanted to go to Yoyogi park to see what events they have going /cry so much for that plan today.

Also it's pretty cool to have your 3DS be bombarded with street pass tags haha

Anony

I spent my birthday in the ER 2 years ago, that was fun lol. At least you have your phone so you can do something to help ease the boredom.

It's raining here in Tokyo and I wanted to go to Yoyogi park to see what events they have going /cry so much for that plan today.

Also it's pretty cool to have your 3DS be bombarded with street pass tags haha

clearing street pass is such a choir, i gave up when i was there because it's constantly full even after clearing

mr.rager

clearing street pass is such a choir, i gave up when i was there because it's constantly full even after clearing

Hahaha it's new for me cause I rarely bring my 3DS outside my house so maybe I'll get sick of it soon. Also cool getting street passes from other tourists.

Sober

Oh man haha I get a call back to do a phone interview at the worst time, say I'll call them back in 5 mins.

For about an hour I call back at least half a dozen times, find out they've left already sometime inbetween and got ahold of the same person only to get hung up on by accident on their end. Good stuff.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh man haha I get a call back to do a phone interview at the worst time, say I'll call them back in 5 mins.

For about an hour I call back at least half a dozen times, find out they've left already sometime inbetween and got ahold of the same person only to get hung up on by accident on their end. Good stuff.
Just tell us the truth, you don't want to work.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Got my PS3 back from Gamerama, everything plays, whisper quiet, it's good.

Even that first repair it sounded like the disk was reseating itself and making other weird sounds. Also that first repair there was still dust in the vents, you'd think they'd blast it out with a compression thing.

Anyhow, it works perfectly now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
i'll probably go if i can get tickets
I'm buying 3 tickets on Friday (me, and for two of my friends). We're aiming for the $120+ VIP tickets as well. I might actually have to miss class to get them.
I wonder what the demand is like. If I go, I'd probably be in for a cheap seat. I can't imagine being in the back would be too bad unless the visual effects only work from specific sight lines or something. Although going stag means I could get an expensive ticket and not really have to worry about it. lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My parents took my 2 y/o niece to the parade today and they said she loved it. My dad told me they were right at the front of the corner of College and University so there was nobody blocking their view. They told me it was so busy getting on the subway that they waved a bunch of people through without having them pay.

I wonder what the demand is like. If I go, I'd probably be in for a cheap seat. I can't imagine being in the back would be too bad unless the visual effects only work from specific sight lines or something. Although going stag means I could get an expensive ticket and not really have to worry about it. lol

Yeah it's weird. There's really no way to gauge what the demand will be like cause this sort of thing has never been here before. Anime North and Fan Expo are incredibly popular, and Vocaloid stuff tends to be prevalent in those two cons, so I guess there's a big audience for it here. The fact that it's the first and currently only one in Canada means it'll probably also draw people from other parts of Ontario and probably even Quebec (Montreal is only 7-8 hours away)

Dare

Banned

The white trash racist community is still very strong in southern Ontario. Please no one get it twisted, most small towns voted Harper in and loved him. These are the kind of people that are happy to hate Muslims and support the concept of offensive carpet bombing because their taxes increased very slightly and the money happened to be spent on inner-city infrastructure.

I hope these people get caught and have to pay the damages they caused and deal with criminal court.

Willectro

Banned
Just like clockwork, it's Monday morning so line 2 on the subway is a nightmare. No announcements, just shit service nearly every day for a week. Amazing that there were barely any issues during Pan Am.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah it's weird. There's really no way to gauge what the demand will be like cause this sort of thing has never been here before. Anime North and Fan Expo are incredibly popular, and Vocaloid stuff tends to be prevalent in those two cons, so I guess there's a big audience for it here. The fact that it's the first and currently only one in Canada means it'll probably also draw people from other parts of Ontario and probably even Quebec (Montreal is only 7-8 hours away)
Yeah, I expect a lot of people in the area to make a trip out of it. I guess another advantage of going stag is that there are inevitably going to be a lot of single seat options around. It's how I got to the Final Fantasy concert a few years ago even though I bought my ticket the day before the concert. lol

Just like clockwork, it's Monday morning so line 2 on the subway is a nightmare. No announcements, just shit service nearly every day for a week. Amazing that there were barely any issues during Pan Am.

It's been like this everyday for about a month now. Subway service has been especially bad recently.

Quadratic

It's been like this everyday for about a month now. Subway service has been especially bad recently.

Yeah, I really noticed a drop in quality lately. The majority of my commute is by bus (which thankfully is okay). I only travel 3 stops on the 1 line but it's been really slow leaving Finch every day.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I only commute from St Clair West to St Andrew, so the commute is relatively safe and on time for me. Street car commuting for years from the west side of High Park to Queen & Spadina was the real nightmare.

Willectro

Banned
Magical signal related problems

I still find it odd that none of these issues occured during Pan Am. I didn't see any less people on the subway (despite asks for people to find alternates), just less issues. If they would just be more forthcoming about daily issues, things would be way better. I wouldn't waste my time getting all the way to the platform only to then see the wall of people caused by delays.

Top Bottom