• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Willectro

Banned
I was planning on getting two more tickets so I still did that and kept the other $40.

Best of both worlds. Gratz.

Does anyone know if there is a restriction against using your own smoke alarm in a rental unit? Sounds like an odd question, but I was cooking a while back and it set off the smoke alarm in my unit. Despite waiting a while to clear the smoke, the alarm goes off as soon as it has power (I think it needed to be replaced). Instead of calling the landlord, I just installed a battery powered Nest Protect (wifi, smart smoke/carbon monoxide alarm) right beside the existing alarm which I had got free (brand new) from my parents but never bothered to install. Now my building is having a fire inspection this month and I'm not sure if the inspector is going to trip out when they see I have replaced the alarm with my own (superior) alarm. The old alarm is still installed, just without a battery. And I can appreciate why they would have that opinion and of course will comply with their wishes. All the rules/laws I see only state that there must be a smoke alarm. Thoughts?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Best of both worlds. Gratz.

Does anyone know if there is a restriction against using your own smoke alarm in a rental unit? Sounds like an odd question, but I was cooking a while back and it set off the smoke alarm in my unit. Despite waiting a while to clear the smoke, the alarm goes off as soon as it has power (I think it needed to be replaced). Instead of calling the landlord, I just installed a battery powered Nest Protect (wifi, smart smoke/carbon monoxide alarm) right beside the existing alarm which I had got free (brand new) from my parents but never bothered to install. Now my building is having a fire inspection this month and I'm not sure if the inspector is going to trip out when they see I have replaced the alarm with my own (superior) alarm. The old alarm is still installed, just without a battery. And I can appreciate why they would have that opinion and of course will comply with their wishes. All the rules/laws I see only state that there must be a smoke alarm. Thoughts?
If the old smoke is interconnected with the rest of the building then it needs to be functional.

Willectro

Banned
If the old smoke is interconnected with the rest of the building then it needs to be functional.

Both are battery powered, although I guess that means it still could be interconnected wirelessly (seems unlikely?)... but it appears to be a generic model you would find at Canadian Tire. Lol, if it is interconnected, it sure as hell has failed.

Fuzzy

Both are battery powered, although I guess that means it still could be interconnected wirelessly (seems unlikely?)... but it appears to be a generic model you would find at Canadian Tire. Lol, if it is interconnected, it sure as hell has failed.
The battery could just be a backup an it wouldn't be wirelessly interconnected. If it was interconnected the central FA system should be going crazy if yours isn't working though.

Willectro

Banned
The battery could just be a backup an it wouldn't be wirelessly interconnected. If it was interconnected the central FA system should be going crazy if yours isn't working though.

That's what I assumed too. I had it right off of the ceiling and there were no wires, etc, just battery power. So I'm probably good. I could see them still insisting on their alarm which is understandable.

Fuzzy

qrIK7EX.jpg

Quick

Banned
They just need to extend that Sheppard-Yonge line to connect with the Yonge-University line.

Also, was staring at that map for a long time and realized that the Eglinton line is there. I only noticed the extension of the Yonge-University line. :lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That's an actual planned map and not one of those fantasy maps?

yup... and it's also missing the finch west LRT which as far as i know is still going ahead (going from finch west station to humber college north campus)

and there's a chance we may get the DRL and Sheppard East LRT

and there's also the GO RER which will make the entire city basically blanketed with rapid transit

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
But seriously either they removed Downsview station or they changed it to Sheppard West...

I DON'T LIKE NAME CHANGES!

DopeyFish

But seriously either they removed Downsview station or they changed it to Sheppard West...

I DON'T LIKE NAME CHANGES!

They're just trying to trick you with downsview park station

Apparently they were going to have the new station as sheppard west but thought it best to switch the names as they'd be more appropriate to where the station actually is

Btw the downsview park station concept looks amazing

It should be Allen there

Someone dun goofed because in the TTC report, the map has that name on that station

http://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commiss...inton_Line_Station_Names__Combined_Report.pdf

Edit: maybe i should have read the report lol... they aren't sure what the name will be

I don't think all the names are finalized yet. It even says in that report they're going to consult local councilors so there's still work to be done, I guess. Like, I'm pretty sure the actual 'Golden Mile' is like... A block east of where they actually put 'Golden Mile' station.

DopeyFish

I wish there were express subways that only stopped at major stations and went straight to the ends. That would be dope.

While it would have been nice, the lines are never really considered for using that many tracks.

Nowadays... trying to implement on existing rail lines would require a lot of expropriation by the government ... not to mention there's scenarios where it wouldn't work at all (like on the prince edward viaduct)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well, they say the Eglinton Crosstown and Finch West LRT will be opened by 2021. Hopefully they are telling the truth lol

Add a 5 year delay to track laying

Add another 10 year delay to Bombardier fucking up vehicle delivery

Kraftwerk

can someone clarify this for me. so two Muslim women got attacked, one in don mills and one north york outside his sons school? or both the same case. just got confused by the reports.

Fuzzy

can someone clarify this for me. so two Muslim women got attacked, one in don mills and one north york outside his sons school? or both the same case. just got confused by the reports.
Same case. Don Mills and Eglinton is the very SE corner of North York. The news just uses the intersection name instead of saying North York just like they do with Jane and Finch because the more affluent people of North York like it better that way.

ahdurian

Apparently going to need to get a needle in the eye today... Good fucking Lord I'm freaking out right now

Edit: apparently there's some blockage in my eye, which was causing my right eye to be blurry since last Monday. Need to inject medication into the eye to try and unblock it. Then going to need to do another procedure next week because my retina is partially detached as well.

Top Bottom