• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Why not work in between service hours like after 2AM?
3 hours a night vs 48 hours straight makes a huge difference.

Did Drake's ghost writer leave him high and dry for the ASG starting lineup announcements? Is that why he didn't do it?

ahdurian

3 hours a night vs 48 hours straight makes a huge difference.

Did Drake's ghost writer leave him high and dry for the ASG starting lineup announcements? Is that why he didn't do it?

all that matters is that both Russell and Kobe both left him hanging
savage

zroid

Banned
I don't use transit much these days so I haven't been paying attention. That Globe article on the UPX was real enlightening.

How can the decision making processes for building transit in this city be so broken

Lexxism

I don't use transit much these days so I haven't been paying attention. That Globe article on the UPX was real enlightening.

How can the decision making processes for building transit in this city be so broken
lmao. They were stupid enough to price it at $27 per ride. I would rather use TTC Airport Rocket since I don't have to pay anything.

Sober

World class city. Just waiting for the next fare increase. I hate the TTC so much.
Toronto is a world class city only when people are watching. When all eyes are on us we look perfect to the rest of the world. But when no one is watching Toronto might as well be a serial wifebeater.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto is a world class city only when people are watching. When all eyes are on us we look perfect to the rest of the world. But when no one is watching Toronto might as well be a serial wifebeater.
Lolwow dat imagery!

Isshin Ramen

Next to Sneaky Dee's this ramen joint didn't stand out at all when I walked by it years ago; it's tucked away with a pretty nondescript sign and incredibly easy to miss, so I never really gave it a second thought. However, on recommendation in this very thread, I decided to give it a try. My first impression is that this place is crowded as fuck. There was a 30 min line during lunch time, which was exacerbated by the waitstaff, who, while friendly, seemed disorganized and the whole kitchen itself was very inefficient. The inside is pleasant with some art showing a dragon on the walls, but otherwise, everything else was pretty barebones and functional. The crowd seemed to be a mix of mid 20s people and ethnicities with the odd family here and there.

Once we were seated, we took a look at the menu and ordered the okonomiyaki (sort of a Japanese seafood pancake) and the age tofu (fried tofu with seasoning on top) to start. The okonomiyaki was savoury and quite good; it wasn't overly drenched in mayo and the okonomiyaki sauce subtly added to the dish instead of overpowering it like so many other places I tried it at. The age tofu, while not as crunchy on the outside as I would've liked, was complemented nicely by the green onions and sweet soy and chilli oil on top; it's something you can definitely have right away without burning your tongue.

For the actual ramen, my wife had the Spicy Red Miso Ramen and I had the Kotteri Rich Shoyu Ramen. I only had a small spoonful of the spicy red miso broth, but I liked it since it was at a pleasant level of spiciness that enhanced the broth instead of making you reach for the water to save your tongue. My Koterri Ramen though was definitely the highlight, and I was shocked at how good it was after going to Ryu's and Kyouka. The broth had a very strong, rich, distinct pork flavour, and I thought it was much better than Kinton's broth, which often overwhelmed everything else in the meal. The bamboo shoots were definitely tasty and a nice supplement to the broth rather than be drowned out by it. The egg and seaweed is typical and nothing special. Additionally, I'll also say the noodles themselves were pretty average since they were a bit too soft and too easily broken down for my tastes. Finally, the chasu was also pretty average and is good but definitely isn't as good as Kinton's.

Entire meal with an Asahi pint ended up being 55 with tip. The broth I had was definitely fantastic and could definitely top Sansotei if Sansotei had an off day.

tl;dr
Crowded. Apps great. Broth fantastic. Noodles and everything else was good. Definitely recommend.

ahdurian

great to know
i was actually craving ramen the past few days, and was planning to go there on Wednesday for lunch
was going to go to Kinton since that's the closest to my work (King/Bathurst), but went there like two weeks ago so was gonna try the next closest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Crappy overpriced Internet, public transit with service shut down every month, gouging cellphone plans. At least we have our public garbage pick up still................

dluu13

Ya'll gotta hear about how crap Translink... wait ! wtf TTC :O
I always thought translink was awesome, especially having taken some transit in other places. I never complained about Translink after that.

Pray for Vancouver:
"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

cbox

They increased service on my route this morning so i'm like, "oh NICE".

As I'm sprinting to the stop this after checking the rocketman app, two empty buses go screaming by without looking left or right to see if people are on their way. Next bus? 30 minutes.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

As I'm sprinting to the stop this after checking the rocketman app, two empty buses go screaming by without looking left or right to see if people are on their way. Next bus? 30 minutes.
giphy.gif

Apathy

You could complain to the TTC and get one if their patented canned apologies. Collect enough and you get one from Andy Buford where he promises to try harder yet nothing changes.

#teamWarm gather together, this will all be over soon.

Two more months and we can get out of this shitty season.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Civil War in Toronto thread!

Captain Kuro
Quick-Silver
John-YYZ Justice
Doctorcdcs Strange
Diasporamondback
Archapathy
Zroidster
King Size Quantum Lover
Celia Rionadonna
Stan_Marshwave
Knighthart the Duck
criesoftheMariner
Prowlermaniac
vs
Kraftwerk Man
Black Shadowkat
J. Jonah Jeremiah
Mr. Fantastic Rager
Zombie James Leech Rhodes
Lexxus Lightning
DoctorWhorlwind
Omega fuzzy
Eeleuin
Deraldinpool
Junior Madrox
Sobera
Silktron Fever

Renewed

As long as there's no humidity, I'm the kind of guy that wears a sweater while I'm inside without AC. Not outside though or I'd probably melt.

Top Bottom