• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Eh... London Pub is barely a dive bar. Now the locations for TO-GAF meetups... THOSE are dive bars (no offence to any Victory Cafe regulars, lol).
Got an alternative that's easily accessible, isn't too expensive, not the Artful Dodger, not filled with hipsters, has outlets, has room for 20 people, and has a Jesus waiter?
Dive bars are the best though!

I get that it's nice to go to a nicer establishment every once in awhile though.
I think with the variety of people we get, I think they fit. I'm quite open to suggestions though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Quieter dives like Victory are nice and what I prefer. I can actually hear people when they speak. I don't care if the decor is a little shitty and the tables sticky as long as there's a tolerable drink menu.

krae_man

When I was in Vegas, I made a point to go to this fancy schmancy bar and tried some rum drink that took the bartender 5 minutes to make.

It was delicious, but I wouldn't want to get shitfaced at $20 each.

Sober

Quieter dives like Victory are nice and what I prefer. I can actually hear people when they speak. I don't care if the decor is a little shitty and the tables sticky as long as there's a tolerable drink menu.
Imperial is probably the diveier and also quieter place (don't they even play music) but it's far from KFC. But it's close to Don Don instead.

Entropia

No One Remembers
How is the Dave & Buster's in 'town' (I know it's technically in like.. Vaughn??)

I'm planning to go there tomorrow night with a friend.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ahdurian check your pms.... -_-

Any of you jokers actually going to come to the meet up early this time? Like I said, I may just go there early.

ahdurian

responded lol

im actually not 100% sure if i can come now anyways, at least until tomorrow.
dialysis department couldn't give me a treatment shift change to noon, so they said if one pops up theyre going to call me in the morning on Saturday

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
responded lol

im actually not 100% sure if i can come now anyways, at least until tomorrow.
dialysis department couldn't give me a treatment shift change to noon, so they said if one pops up theyre going to call me in the morning on Saturday
Whew! That's definitely more important and yeah, I'm perfectly fine waiting till next week.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How early? I might go am hour early or so but I otherwise have nothing to do.

The pre drinking seat stealing pre meet up!

Looks like Best Buy won't have my copy of Fates here until Monday, so what else do I have to do?

It's a revelation that our fates shall be brothers in misery.

Gives me time to finish up Tomb Raider and Paper Jam...and Dragon's Dogma...and Final Fantasy Explorers...

I'll never play Xenoblade X at this point. Someone wanna trade or buy this offa me? At this point, the only thing I'll be keeping my Wii U for is in the hope we can get Mother 3.

dluu13

The pre drinking seat stealing pre meet up!

It's a revelation that our fates shall be brothers in misery.

Gives me time to finish up Tomb Raider and Paper Jam...and Dragon's Dogma...and Final Fantasy Explorers...

I'll never play Xenoblade X at this point. Someone wanna trade or buy this offa me? At this point, the only thing I'll be keeping my Wii U for is in the hope we can get Mother 3.
So you're going directly to victory? I might go to Tim's first.

dluu13

I think I can make it. I can't really drink, so I'll probably meet you guys when you go for food later.

You don't have to drink. Just come eat nachos. Anyway, we usually update the meetup thread with we are and what's happening so keep an eye on that.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I might come afterwards we'll see. I'm meeting up with friends for some sushi and other such delicious foods around 5.

Renewed

Waiting for a GAFer at Queens St W/John St 2nd Cup so I can give them their Fates SE. Hot chocolate for life, can't enjoy coffee ATM.

I'll probably show up early for Tims, I need the details.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
W. T. F.

McDs near me has 4 touch menus and just only one cashier now. Looks neat though I wonder if they cut staff for this.

oooo I'm downtown for the Marlies game, I think that ends around 4:30 so I'd probably be able to come.

What time are you guys meeting up?
You can also come early and we can talk about the tank and Snizzbone together.

Error_g

Hey Toronto Gaf, if anyone is interested in an unopened copy of fire emblem birthright, I have an extra copy for $35 (price from Amazon deal). PM if interested, thanks!

Lexxism

Okay, so, I was browsing trying to get a new job and I saw this entry level job posted at indeed. It was a job posted by Monkhouse Law. I sent my application regarding the job and I received an email from Pausa Finance ltd (different company of what I applied which is a little bit weird) that they received my application and they offer me to apply for a much better paid position than what I applied with. Of course I said yes without even thinking and I filled up the employment form. She said that I will receive a call from their head advisor within 2 days. I did receive call just a while ago but the number was from USA(?). She said if I'm the applicant and I will receive an email from Pausa Finance ltd regarding the job offer. After the call, I got this cold sweat and doubts going through my head.

I received the email and read what's it is all about. It says that there's going to 2 probationary period (first one is 7 days and second is a 60 days period) where they will see if I'm cut with the job. They want me to do the task as soon as possible before March 1st before they open their new office in downtown Toronto. What will happen is they will send a test investment to my bank account via EMT where I will need to process it by means Bitcoin system. This makes of think of why should I do this? I went to google it and check if there's any related to this. And this bring me up to this post.
too many scams going around these days.. I saw a couple of job postings on Indeed and they seemed legit until things started sounding fishy, it was a customer service position for a finance company they replied back saying that my resume proves for a better paid position.. so I went with it and filled out the application for two different companies, (similar job posting) and they sent back an email suggesting that they will be in toronto on the 22nd of February and for a 7 day probationary period I'd have to fulfil given tasks before the 22nd of February to see if I'm cut out for the job.. the tasks themselves were that I had to take their investments and process them into my personal bank account and then send them into their investment bank (bitcoin) with documentation.. two different companies with different names (pausa finance and G2 travel) be careful out there!!!
http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/potpourri/200344-scammer-bell-canada.html

All I said is dammit. I almost fell on their trap.

Samyy

W. T. F.

McDs near me has 4 touch menus and just only one cashier now. Looks neat though I wonder if they cut staff for this.

You can also come early and we can talk about the tank and Snizzbone together.

If people are getting together earlier yea I'd probably be down!

Lexxism

Wew, at least you caught on. I haven't messed with online job search sites but I imagine there has to be a way to report these scams?
This is some sort of scam no? I'm so paranoid whenever it comes with bank accounts and SIN lol Also, I submitted my application to them with a signature. I hope this won't bite me on the ass in the future?

Renewed

This is some sort of scam no? I'm so paranoid whenever it comes with bank accounts and SIN lol Also, I submitted my application to them with a signature. I hope this won't bite me on the ass in the future?

Because it's the kind of thing I don't have years of experience with, I don't think it'd hurt to talk to someone with expertise on finance, banking, etc. like someone who might work at your bank. Because if it were me, I'd want full clarity on if it's common practice and the ramifications of doing so.

As for your signature, I don't think much can be done with it. Even if it is and comes back to you they're in the wrong if you say it was without your permission.

Top Bottom