• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
Call up either store locations, ask to get the book sent to the closest Chapters/Indigo/Coles (any store under the Indigo umbrella) to you. It isn't a service the stores openly advertise, but it's definitely a thing. You might have to absorb a shipping fee though. Wouldn't be a large fee depending on where you send it to.

Call up either store locations, ask to get the book sent to the closest Chapters/Indigo/Coles (any store under the Indigo umbrella) to you. It isn't a service the stores openly advertise, but it's definitely a thing. You might have to absorb a shipping fee though. Wouldn't be a large fee depending on where you send it to.

Thanks for the advice, but I just called the stores and was told by both that they couldn't do it because they "don't have a system set up" for that kind of procedure. Super frustrating.

Quick

Banned
Thanks for the advice, but I just called the stores and was told by both that they couldn't do it because they "don't have a system set up" for that kind of procedure. Super frustrating.

There's no system in place, but it's something done. Ask for a manager directly. Tell them you know it's something done. Trust me.

It's extra work on their end to call the destination store to ask for their shipping info.

Any of you Generic Asians™ know a good Asian-centric place/nightclub?

GTA/ Scarborough specifically, Markham if absolutely necessary.

EDIT: If it's Markham, then why not suggest something?

soultron

Banned

stay-on-target-500x370_zps89c28767.png

Zynx

All this shitty delivery pizza - why not stock some frozen pizza instead? It's decent, pretty cheap, and you don't have to wait for delivery or tip or anything.

My local LCBO ran out of Soju a couple weeks ago. All signs pointed to it being discontinued. But today they had a new brand stocked. Oh happy days.

Seems like they're changing what they carry. My buddy's favorite brand of ginger beer was definitely discontinued.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Everyone knows generic Asians only goto karaoke bars.

There's nothing you can do in a nightclub that you can't do in a karaoke room

I hate karaoke

Azih

Tourist stuff: Museums? Shopping? Nature stuff? Sports? Geeky stuff?
Night out: Clubs? Sports?
What kinda food you like?

soultron

Banned
I'm going to spend a weekend in Toronto with some friends in June. Any tips for places to go?

Thanks!

How old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

If you're in your twenties, Clinton's is a great place to go for their '90s nights. Terrible R+B club bangers, boyband ballads, great hip hop, and all the one-hit wonders you grew up with!

Tourist stuff: Museums? Shopping? Nature stuff? Sports? Geeky stuff?
Night out: Clubs? Sports?
What kinda food you like?

Stuff like museums, architecture and nature stuff for the tourism (we are going by the Niagara Falls on the way to Toronto).

Night out would be clubs and/or live music

I like all kinds of foods, and like trying new stuff, so I try to have local food when I'm traveling. I have heard that there are quite a lot of Asian-Canadians in Canada, so maybe we should look out for some special kinds of Asian food?

If you're in your twenties, Clinton's is a great place to go for their '90s nights. Terrible R+B club bangers, boyband ballads, great hip hop, and all the one-hit wonders you grew up with!

Yeah, we are all in our twenties so that could be an option. Thanks for the suggestion!

Azih

How long you in town for? If the weather is nice then a picnic trip to the Toronto islands is always nice. Long lines for the ferry though.

mr.rager

:( 90s R&B is the shit.

How long you in town for? If the weather is nice then a picnic trip to the Toronto islands is always nice. Long lines for the ferry though.

Real talk right here. Expect to wait in line at least an hour.

We'll likely arrive late Friday or noon Saturday and then we leave late Tuesday. How much time should be budgeted for trip to the islands? An afternoon?

Sober

I just noticed Toronto Comicon is in town. I checked to see if there was anything worth seeing aaaaaaand ... it's pretty underwhelming IMO.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Stuff like museums, architecture and nature stuff for the tourism (we are going by the Niagara Falls on the way to Toronto).

Night out would be clubs and/or live music

I like all kinds of foods, and like trying new stuff, so I try to have local food when I'm traveling. I have heard that there are quite a lot of Asian-Canadians in Canada, so maybe we should look out for some special kinds of Asian food?

Yeah, we are all in our twenties so that could be an option. Thanks for the suggestion!
Check out the first post of this thread. Everything worth seeing/doing is more or less there.

And bring some warmth with you. Toronto needs more of it.

EDIT: If it's Markham, then why not suggest something?

Are there even nightclubs in Markham? I know Easy on the Fifth downtown on Fridays is Asian night. PM me if you wanna go pick up some chicks there ;)

Rinoa

Does Generic Asian GAF look like the nightclub kind of people?

I had to explain to him I was too old to know nightclub things and all my young coworkers don't do it either. :( Not cool enough.

Nice egg at least!

It's all about dem soft boiled eggs. I always order double. Googled how to make them and was like screw that, restaurant forever.

meanwhile where our nude joggers at? It's still below freezing..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/nude-jogger-draws-ire-of-montreal-neighbours-1.2999973

I just noticed Toronto Comicon is in town. I checked to see if there was anything worth seeing aaaaaaand ... it's pretty underwhelming IMO.

Me and my friend are going tomorrow just cause the admission is $15 and we have nothing else to do on a Friday night. Poor use of money I know, but might as well just walk around and see what's up.

Fuck it might as well go and see if any weird shit happens to us. Everytime I go with my friends to a convention something ALWAYS happens.

If you see an asshole with an Elizabeth bag from Gintama, and wearing a Kancolle Poi shirt that's probably me.

Willectro

Banned
Etobicoke shootings connected, gang-related: Cops;
Wounded victim is brother of Lisi's alleged extortion victim

Ford said he had been in the area doing constituency calls.

“I am in TCHC buildings a lot assisting people. With my assistant Dave we were helping when it happened. A woman was yelling and going crazy. It turns out someone was shot. Dave didn’t hear the gunshots where he was and I didn’t where I was.

“I don’t know where it happened for sure but I think it was the underground because no one heard the gunshots.”

Ford did not indicate he had any knowledge of the identity of the shooting victim.

Wow.

Top Bottom