• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Geeze, U of T TAs voted against ratification again
Was the deal not good enough?

Management should've done what my company did: use a veiled threat to cut jobs.
That'll get them to take a pay cut and increase their hours.

Edit: yeah, I'm still bitter at the other members for taking it.

It's fucking bright, sunny and balmy and the electricity's been out for one hour in Richmond Hill smh.

Edit: yaaaaaay! Electricity came on as soon as I hit post LOL the power of complaining 👍👍
Geeze, U of T TAs voted against ratification again
Québec student strike is today. Hopefully it will bring attention to the issue :(

zroid

Banned
that tractor trailer careening off a 404 ramp onto the 401 sounds horrifying

amazing that no one was hurt

RybRHpd.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
If Toronto-gaf was generic white people instead of generic asians, that would be the next meetup

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
After watching that video, I am still gladly part of #teamSpa-dinah. Curse #teamSpa-deena.

Apparently it's a deep seeded conflict between those north of Bloor and those south of Bloor.

The name and pronunciation stems from the Ojibway word “espadinong,” which means hill, and was adopted by Baldwin for his home and Spadina Rd., the street in front of it, which he laid out nearly 20 years later.

Nobody is certain of how it became Spa-dinah, but the most likely explanation is a linguistic divide between well-heeled residents north of Bloor St. and the immigrant population south of Bloor.

ahdurian

finally got out of the hospital after a week
and finally got my copy of Type-0 HD.

This week is starting off ggggoooooooooooooooddddd

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto Music History 101:

MAESTRO FRESH WES
krApCvp.gif

Back in 1989 (when Drake was only 3 years old), a Toronto rapper named Maestro Fresh Wes became the first Canadian rapper to have a top 40 hip-hop song.

Please sit back with a glass of scotch and enjoy a true classic, LET YOUR BACKBONE SLIDE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BxUUjSpuq0

fun fact: I went to the same high school as Maestro Fresh Wes (though he had graduated before I went there)

Edit: glad you're out of the hospital ahdurian!

LevelNth

Banned
The TTC is setting weekly records for incompetence the past two months. Over-waged union employees are pulling too high a percentage of revenue away from maintenance, and it's starting to kill the service badly.

I cannot fathom what it's going to be like in 2-3 years when so many of these new condos are finished (especially that behemoth at Yonge/Bloor). So thankful I'll have migrated over to the Go by then.

cbox

Took me 30 minutes just to get out of Bloor station this morning. Why does this stuff always happen during rush hour?

Divvy

To be fair, this one wasn't really the TTC's fault. You probably wouldn't want to be in a flaming metal coffin.

Stet

Banned
To be fair, this one wasn't really the TTC's fault. You probably wouldn't want to be in a flaming metal coffin.

If it's groundwater, it's an infrastructure problem. We need better maintenance, and we need it done yesterday instead of next weekend. I'm still baffled by the lack of overnight workers in this city. Surely it's less expensive to pay overtime to work when there's no service anyway than to forfeit fares.

Quick

Banned
What the damn hell is that shit?

I was supposed to go downtown today, decided against it in the end. Seems like a good decision.

Divvy

If it's groundwater, it's an infrastructure problem. We need better maintenance, and we need it done yesterday instead of next weekend. I'm still baffled by the lack of overnight workers in this city. Surely it's less expensive to pay overtime to work when there's no service anyway than to forfeit fares.

I think it's actually some kind of hydriocarbon. Looks very oily. They suspect it's kerosene leaking from a nearby hotel storage tank through the ground.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lord beer us strength this summer when the Pan Am Games come.

My only hope is when the TTC has a gigantic fuck up during the games and it's brought to national attention it might shame and embarrass everyone into finally doing something about this.

krae_man

Lord beer us strength this summer when the Pan Am Games come.

My only hope is when the TTC has a gigantic fuck up during the games and it's brought to national attention it might shame and embarrass everyone into finally doing something about this.

$30 airport rides didn't shame them.

Sober

30$ airport rides are for tourist suckers or businessmen who have all their expenses paid anyway. No Torontonian coming back to town would ever get suckered into paying for that shit. It'll probably get shut down two years after PanAm games.

30$ airport rides are for tourist suckers or businessmen who have all their expenses paid anyway. No Torontonian coming back to town would ever get suckered into paying for that shit. It'll probably get shut down two years after PanAm games.
I have a feeling we'll be catered to more sport events after PanAm. I'm pretty sure an Olympics is the long term goal >_<

I have a feeling we'll be catered to more sport events after PanAm. I'm pretty sure an Olympics is the long term goal >_<

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft

The one thing I noticed is that a lot of people went from "What the fuck are the Pan Am Games?" to "Oh god the Pan Am Games are coming we're FUCKED."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So proud to take the Better Way this morning.

A cab.
We need a cab with the slogan "better than the better way"

Last week everyday there was a delay going to or coming from Scarberia Town Centre when I went to work. Every. Goddamn. Day. Only day I didn't have a problem? When I worked from home one Friday.

Terrible infrastructure, terrible Union, terrible service, terrible future.

Eleuin

Toronto won't even be able to handle the bootleg Olympics, no way we ever get the real one

edit: Said the same thing in a different way D:

Top Bottom