• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Says That XDefiant Has Fallen Behind Expectations

Branded

Seriously, get these morons booted from the company. They're trainwrecking it.

What the fuck did you think was going to happen with fucking XDefiant? The initial reveal was so bad the team had to do a complete 180 and reimagine the game's entire visual design.

You okayed a game that's called XDefiant with promotional material using the XD emote. What were you thinking?
Oh what? I never knew about the visual design change. I just looked up the initial reveal trailer and honestly don't see much different from that art direction to the current one. Are you sure?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Here's the list of recent UBI games. They make a shit load big and small. But in terms of notable games, their most recent are these. Talk about swing and a miss.

Prince of Persia 2D game (Jan 2024)
Skull & Bones (Feb 2024)
Xdefiant (May 2024)
SW Outlaws (Aug 2024)
AC Shadows (Feb 2025)

Sprinkled in the range are some Just Dance games, remasters and some smartphone games I never heard of.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

This is what happens when you turn Rayman into a drug addict. This is from a terrible TV show oficially funded by Ubisoft themselves.

Where's a new Rayman game. That was my childhood platformer. Instead we get shit like this.

WTF was that? They have a mascot great for kids, and ruined it by trying to appeal to a demographic with mid life crisis??

SJRB

Gold Member
Oh what? I never knew about the visual design change. I just looked up the initial reveal trailer and honestly don't see much different from that art direction to the current one. Are you sure?

It started off as this quirky, goofy graffiti vibe:

xdefiant-button-00-1626718904821.jpg

Notice the XD logo and how it was called "Tom Clancy's XDefiant". Nobody liked that.

After the backlash they changed into a more serious military vibe and dropped the Tom Clancy name:

XDefiant_covert_art.jpeg

Branded

Notice the XD logo and how it was called "Tom Clancy's XDefiant". Nobody liked that.

After the backlash they changed into a more serious military vibe and dropped the Tom Clancy name:

XDefiant_covert_art.jpeg
Ah right I remember that yes. They definitely reigned in the goofiness a bit. That first image reeks of "Tom Clancy's Fortnite" lol.

That’s what happens when you don’t boot cheaters because you are worried it is going to kill your already small player base. Then you end up with just cheats and sweats. Pushing all semi-serious and casual players away from your game.

diffusionx

Gold Member
If they got this game out last October after Activision dropped the MW3 stinky diaper it might have found an audience. Instead it had this inexplicable delay of like 8 months and then came out in exactly the same condition. Ubisoft can't make these games anymore.

D'aw. So sad.

I don't even know what it is, and the name doesn't inspire me to inquire further.

XDefiant? It means nothing. It's not even a plausible word.

Let me wager a guess. It's some of shooter of the hour, forgotten like most of its kind.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

XDefiant_covert_art.jpeg
I never knew they rebranded it. Was it just the logo? Or did they tweak the in game graphics too to match the more serious tone?

The usual Gen Z party montage vibe which is ultra gay. Seems like just about every game angles for that hero shooter/fortnite cringe. At least Xdefiant was just copying other shooter game art. Get a laugh at RPG Dragon Age Veilguard doing the same. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom