• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
link's dead but it's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_EVc_wOc88

seriously though

this

zMPFW1U.png

get a new trainer

Reminds me of this:

tFhvoMU.gif

I don't get the Ronda defense, she talked mad shit and got the piss knocked out of her. Ppl are gonna laugh. Everyone would be laughing just as hard if Mayweather got worked like that.

What's incredibly stupid is assuming people "hate" someone simply because of their achievements. Nice copout though.

Are you living in a world where people do not envy and love it when someone fails doing something they can't do?

That she was being an asshole is just an excuse to feel awesome about someone's demise.

EthanC

Banned
Are you living in a world where people do not envy and love it when someone fails doing something they can't do?

That she was being an asshole is just an excuse to feel awesome about someone's demise.

Someone being a downright shithead losing is actual cause for celebration. This is a person who thinks the kids at Sandy Hook were murdered in order to push an anti-gun agenda. So yeah, forgive me if I don't cheer the dummy getting her literal head kicked in. It has zero to do with her achievements and everything to do with the dumbshit things she stands for.

Cyklik

Neo Member
Or, you know, there are various reasons someone might enjoy the schadenfreude. But continue making sweeping condescending statements about people's motivations.

Edit: Forgot to quote this nonsense.

Further, "demise?" She lost a fight. People aren't rejoicing that someone died here.

Someone being a downright shithead losing is actual cause for celebration. This is a person who thinks the kids at Sandy Hook were murdered in order to push an anti-gun agenda. So yeah, forgive me if I don't cheer the dummy getting her literal head kicked in. It has zero to do with her achievements and everything to do with the dumbshit things she stands for.

It's good she lost, i never said you should cheer about ronda

Holly is way more likeable but at least know why you are hating someone.

It's so you can feel better about yourself.

RefigeKru

Banned

Her being an asshole is actually reason enough, especially in terms of her disrespect toward the fighter that showed her actual worth.

Holm seems a class act next to Rousey. I'm glad for her AND her achievements.

EthanC

Banned
It's good she lost, i never said you should cheer about ronda

Holly is way more likeable but at least know why you are hating someone.

It's so you can feel better about yourself.

I don't feel better about myself. It's like you're completely lost in a delusion and assume that everyone else exists within it.

Or, you know, there are various reasons someone might enjoy the schadenfreude. But continue making sweeping condescending statements about people's motivations.

Edit: Forgot to quote this nonsense.

Further, "demise?" She lost a fight. People aren't rejoicing that someone died here.

You took demise literally? lol

karasu

It's amazing that people have a hard time understanding why someone would enjoy seeing an extremely arrogant fighter get humbled/embarrassed. Read a fucking book or something. People will always enjoy this shit. If there was an internet back when Ali lost to Frazier people would have been going nuts.

It's amazing that people have a hard time understanding why someone would enjoy seeing an extremely arrogant fighter get humbled/embarrassed. Read a fucking book or something. People will always enjoy this shit. If there was an internet back when Ali lost to Frazier people would have been going nuts.

That's exactly what I said. How can you not understand why people enjoy that?

It's just some posts above.

To the delusional, I would assume so.

lol

m3k

People have been angered by ronda's comments... You know, like you are allowed to dislike someone for being disrespectful to groups of people

When she lost people are happy because they might not have to see her talk this much... It is not like everyone simply likes seeing people fail

People have been angered by ronda's comments... You know, like you are allowed to dislike someone for being disrespectful to groups of people

When she lost people are happy because they might not have to see her talk this much... It is not like everyone simply likes seeing people fail

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

I'm not saying that I don't get why people hate her. Quite the opposite.

Like I said a minute ago, it's good that she lost.

Edit: I do believe everyone likes seeing people fail (when they are drawing so much attention and achieving stuff)

HabeeNo

You don't get it?

People love to hate someone with more achievements.

I used to do it too. Felt good. But it's stupid.

Serena Williams has way more achievements than Ronda, yet we hate Ronda way more than Serena (if at all).

I feel like we love to hate sensationalist and cocky people (read Mayweather and Ronda, for examples)

Serena Williams has way more achievements than Ronda, yet we hate Ronda way more than Serena.

I feel like we love to hate sensationalist and cocky people (read Mayweather and Ronda, for examples)

For sure, of course we focus more on cocky people.

Because they rub it in everyone's face how good they are and we don't like it cause we are not good enough.

I'm out of the loop--is this stuff Rogan has said recently, or is it just cut together from other talks? Sounds a lot different from Rousey-praising Rogan.

It's cut together

Rogan is in love with rousey he would never talk about her like that.

m3k

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

I'm not saying that I don't get why people hate her. Quite the opposite.

Like I said a minute ago, it's good that she lost.

Edit: I do believe everyone likes seeing people fail (when they are drawing so much attention and achieving stuff)

I like seeing nice people achieve... I don't want a prize haha

But I think a lot of people are the same

scabro

I'm out of the loop--is this stuff Rogan has said recently, or is it just cut together from other talks? Sounds a lot different from Rousey-praising Rogan.

lol, its cut together. rogan was saying holly shouldn't even be fighting ronda before the fight.

the first part is from rogan talking about some caveman coffee or something that he'd always talk up about having these amazing effects and then having it all be proven to be bogus

I like seeing nice people achieve... I don't want a prize haha

But I think a lot of people are the same

Oh hell yea, that's why im so conflicted with this fight.

I love how awesome Holly Holm is and how can you not be happy about such an adorable person?

At the same time , i feel bad about rousey buying her own hype and getting owned like that.

But in the end it's good that she lost, she will either come back strong and prove people wrong or never recover cause she just might be one of those people that can't get good at striking / against strikers.

scabro

I did not expect that. Secondly, I have not heard Floyd with so much.. not being arrogant?

I expected him to go "HA-HA" Nelson style. Were is the pissing on her grave vitirol?

have you never heard floyd speak post fight or candidly like that? he is always class after his fights.

I did not expect that. Secondly, I have not heard Floyd with so much.. not being arrogant?

I expected him to go "HA-HA" Nelson style. Were is the pissing on her grave vitirol?

I think his subtle trolling is much more effective to be honest. "You win some and lose some" (Except if you're a real champion like me). "I'll teach her how to box" (I'll school her sorry ass).

It's just masterful trolling IMO and it's working perfectly.

It's cut together

Rogan is in love with rousey he would never talk about her like that.

lol, its cut together. rogan was saying holly shouldn't even be fighting ronda before the fight.

the first part is from rogan talking about some caveman coffee or something that he'd always talk up about having these amazing effects and then having it all be proven to be bogus

Hahaha, thanks--that clears it up.

m3k

Oh hell yea, that's why im so conflicted with this fight.

I love how awesome Holly Holm is and how can you not be happy about such an adorable person?

At the same time , i feel bad about rousey buying her own hype and getting owned like that.

But in the end it's good that she lost, she will either come back strong and prove people wrong or never recover cause she just might be one of those people that can't get good at striking / against strikers.

Some humbling would be nice.

What is it with you and absolutes?

lol you clearly don't like my posts why do you bother?

and you should never take online posts as absolutes , i dont have time to write an essay covering all angles and meanings of what i say.

You call someone perfect when you really like him, you know...It's a word of affection not a statement of how perfect of a human she is.

jeez :p

He's been pretty chill near the end of his career. I've heard him do interviews when he's not promoting his fight and they have gone pretty much like this.

beasty

I love how this fight is still trending, MMA is an awesome sport I hope the new fans stick around because UFC has a bunch of awesome fights planned for December.

ApharmdX

Banned
Not sure if it's been posted, but here's what Mayweather said on Fighthype:

"I don't think it's cool how everyone is trolling her on social media. Certain things you have to learn. People will love you on Friday and then Sunday morning, it's nothing but negative comments and people making jokes and people making fun about you, which I don't think is cool. I've never been on the other side, so I don't know how it feels. I'm pretty sure she's a very, very strong person, but we still have to take into consideration that she has feelings," Mayweather explained. "Everything happens for a reason. This was already written. Listen, if God says, 'In Floyd's career, I don't want him to lose,' you know what? I wasn't going to lose. That doesn't mean that I haven't took a loss before. I'm not talking about boxing; I'm just talking about life. When you lose a loved one, that's taking a loss. I think that everything is just a learning experience. In due time, she'll be able to bounce back and make some noise again in mixed martial arts."

That's masterclass-level trolling right there.

Yaari

This is so funny, but who are the guys at the beggining, people he has trained?

First one is Travis Browne, Ronda's new lover. Also training with Edmond now but he hasn't look good after doing so.

Don't recognize second guy but safe to say there are all being trained by the great Edmond.

eXtv

Banned
First one is Travis Browne, Ronda's new lover. Also training with Edmond now but he hasn't look good after doing so.

Don't recognize second guy but safe to say there are all being trained by the great Edmond.

It's Jake Ellenberger, who's looked bad in every fight ever since MacDonald embarrassed him with nothing but a jab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom