• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

A full sequel makes sense next gen a small expansion maybe even dlc ala Arcade Edition made sense now since Marvel was so popular. People wouldnt complain with rebalancing and 4 new characters

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
A full sequel makes sense next gen a small expansion maybe even dlc ala Arcade Edition made sense now since Marvel was so popular. People wouldnt complain with rebalancing and 4 new characters

There's always people who would complain. Did you see the thread for the UMVC3X rumor? Full of "LOL CAPCPOM DOES IT AGAIN!!"

Maybe if it's for $10 or something. Otherwise, that's the exact sort of thing that sets people off.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they are in fact laying the groundwork for MvC4 at this moment so that we can hopefully see it sometime early next-gen. I'm wondering what Marvel actually thinks of the competitive scene for this game. Ultimate may not have sold as much as they hoped, but it must be nice to know their characters are getting exposed to a somewhat sizable niche on a regular basis but I don't know how much they actually value that.

Anyone with at least a bone of Capcom hatred in their body would flock to attack it. I'd buy it no questions asked and so would a lot of people who are still playing Ultimate a lot, but Capcom really can't rely on much goodwill anymore these days. A meager character update would be a case of diminishing returns. If Ultimate sold (pulling numbers out my ass) 40% of what Vanilla did, an AE equivalent would probably do no more than 20-35% of what Ultimate did.

If little resources go into making it, that's probably fine, but they've said time and again now that we should not expect an update to Ultimate, so I don't think this is the plan. Marketing wise they'd be better off hyping people up for the next one to coincide with some of the movie stuff now that Avengers made the splash it did.

I hope they are in fact laying the groundwork for MvC4 at this moment so that we can hopefully see it sometime early next-gen. I'm wondering what Marvel actually thinks of the competitive scene for this game. Ultimate may not have sold as much as they hoped, but it must be nice to know their characters are getting exposed to a somewhat sizable niche on a regular basis but I don't know how much they actually value that.
I went from a Captain America hater to a bit of a fan...what has to be worth something, right? I'll be first in line to see the Dr. Strange film if it has Dormammu in it, and I wouldn't have cared otherwise. I might not buy comics, but the game has made me a fan of some things I did not previously care about.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I might not buy comics, but the game has made me a fan of some things I did not previously care about.

They're probably looking at or should be looking at the total worth of those characters. Comics as a whole nowadays represent a slim slice of Marvel's total revenue but are a good feeding ground for ideas they can later reuse in the more profitable media such as the cartoons and movies and merchandise etc. If you go to see a Dr Strange movie because of MvC that should count as a win, but it's probably hard to quantify something like this. Up until Marvel's phase one movies the mainstream got their exposure to most of these characters from the 90's cartoons.

There is always SOMEONE who is like "y isnt dis free? lol capcpom."
That's the Permawhiner, though. That person will complain even if it is free. Probably because Megaman is not in it. And if Megaman is in it, because they didn't include the "right" version, or give him the "right" powers. Even though the Permawhiner will buy the game, it will be with a scrunched up face that looks like this:
434258610_9814bd5c5f.jpg
Once the game is purchased, Permawhiner will play it for all of two weeks before giving up because the game is "imbalanced". The rest of Permawhiner's time will be spent watching streams, taking on the temporary guise of the "Stream Monster". This person will flood forums with very strong opinions about game balance on characters he/she has never used or fought against. Within a month, a new game will be releasing that makes the Permawhiner spend most of his/her time elsewhere, complaining about that game's features and development decisions, though he/she will still return for major streaming events to revalidate past prejudices. If the event overturns provides evidence to overturn prejudics, it will simply be further evidence that the game is "ass" or "random". It will never occur to this person that, perhaps, the whining was never justified in the first place.

Grecco

If timed properly and priced correctly people will love it. See AE 2012

If timed poorly and priced incorrectly people hate it. See Ultimate Marvel and SF X T dlc

In the end, theres always going to be complaints. There would be more complaints about MVC4 so quickly after MVC3 imo

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If timed properly and priced correctly people will love it. See AE 2012

If timed poorly and priced incorrectly people hate it. See Ultimate Marvel and SF X T dlc

In the end, theres always going to be complaints. There would be more complaints about MVC4 so quickly after MVC3 imo

Early next gen like Feb 2014 or something should not be perceived as quickly.

Solune

I spent a good amount of time in training mode, and landed my first full Morrigan double Soul Fist combo! (j.S, s.LMH, f.H, j.MMH, qcf.H, qcb.S addf, j.H, qcf.H, qcb.S, s.S, sj.MMH, dp.M/H, qcf.AA) I actually did it quite a few times in a row, which felt pretty good. I've had to do my own single Soul Fist variant for a while now.
Good stuff! I was doing some soul fist loops too coincidentally.
XF3 Vergil with DT on does 400K chip damage with Dimension Slash. WTF.
SO GOOD.gif
I found out that Vergil can DHC glitch to Morrigan. I didn't mess with it a lot, but she can definitely start doing a Soul Fist loop from that point. Throw, Devil Trigger, Astral Vision, Soul Fist loop. As with any other throw -> tag situation, the Soul Fists don't seem to suffer from damage decay, since just landing 2 of them did 240K. I'll mess with it more some other time, though.
Wow did you get this from the Vergil SRK forums or the Gamefaqs forums? That's VERY very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.
Landed Helm Breaker, Dark Hole, High Rise (df.H's name, right?), j.S once. Hard as hell, not sure if I'll be able to do it for a long time. Since someone discovered that you can Spiral Swords, High Rise, Lunar Phase to OTG someone after Helm Breaker, but that's way too hard for me, I might try and do Helm Breaker, Dark Hole, Spiral Swords, High Rise to see what happens. I don't care about the damage scaling, I'd just like some way to benefit from happy birthdays without blowing X-Factor when I catch them on a Helm Breaker.
It's actually called High Time, unless you're planning to take them to a skyscraper LOL. SS > High Time doesn't always work depending on when you Trick Down, they may pop out so it's not exactly guaranteed. Also that combo you posted sounds a little bit difficult, I think you should be able to Rising Sun after the trick down from High Time. I will test it when I get home.
Did my first sword loop. The c.H after Judgment Cut L is hard as heck to get out. Not sure why. I might end my loops early for a while like some noobs do.
If you're all about efficiency, it's best to learn the double c.H in the loop because you get ALOT of meter from them. After the Round Trip hits(should be getting 3 hits) immediate c.H xx Judgement Cut, Vergils loops are VERY timing dependent, getting in the first c.H as early as possible will make it that much easier to get the second c.H
Tried to do the Dimension Slash -> Stalking Flare -> 3D0C combo, but my j.S wasn't spiking. Not sure why.
What's the notation for this combo Karst? If you perform Dimension Slash after a the High Time from a hard knockdown the opponent will not be in "Launcher" state. That's why in the combo that was posted of Taekua is ended early from Judgement Cut L right into the High Time, so that the launcher state was still in effect.
Gah, the hitstun decay on f.H is just brutal for Dormammu. I can't seem to get anything more than this combo going:
j.S, c.LHS, sj.MMHS, dash, call Rapid Slash, Flame Carpet, f.H, Dark Hole, Chaotic Flame.

In corners I get a full relaunch, so this is mostly an issue with mid-screen. I'd like to be able to get more, just so I can get the Dark Harmonizer call in.

If I call Rapid Slash at the same time I throw Dark Matter, they always combo. I can wait for Rapid Slash to hit before I teleport, and then air dash into j.S for a full combo.
It's the wallbounce that causes the hitstun to deteriorate much worse in an extended combo. Tip: Vergil's Stinger will always cause a wallbounce if you haven't used it yet, however the opponent will not go from one side to the other if the hitstun decay is too high.
Starting a round by throwing Round Trip and canceling into Devil Trigger provides ALMOST enough time to combo off the Round Trip after a hard tag. AAAAALMOST. :-( Still a fantastic way to start rounds if I want Morrigan or Dormammu on point. People are too scared of Vergil to start near him.

You can combo off of a Round Trip into hard tag if you don't cancel into Devil Trigger, unless you mean after that hard tag hits but in which case you should be able to combo anyways.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I think that's way too quick, especially considering next gen development time, time needed to develop a new engine, etc.

I dunno, they're probably gonna use some version of the Framework engine and there's probably a good chance they're tweaking that for next gen platforms is one of the main priorities at the moment. But yeah I may be overestimating the speed this takes, but I think in whatever shape or form we get MvC4 they'll still be looking at recycling as much as possible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I dunno, they're probably gonna use some version of the Framework engine and there's probably a good chance they're tweaking that for next gen platforms is one of the main priorities at the moment. But yeah I may be overestimating the speed this takes, but I think in whatever shape or form we get MvC4 they'll still be looking at recycling as much as possible.
I don't think we'll get recycling either. It's too far into the future for them to do so, much of this stuff wouldn't hold up especially on new tech. I certainly feel like it will hit after SF5 too, which IMO will be 2014 at the earliest. Capcom likes to stagger things, so I feel MvC4 would come at least a year or two after SF5.

V_Arnold

Hm...

I have spent a few days in the lab, working on different Spencer combos.
It feels great to pull off stunts with him (especially that corner zipline zigzag) that I considered OMG-worthy before. Respect for Combofiend for doing those consistently in big matches.

Anyway, I still cant decide what assists to bring with him as support. My options are kinda limited, as Vergil is the only real third character that I can be dangerous with (aside from Wesker, but I prefer my Wesker to be on point, that is way honorable :p) ...and after almost a year, I have yet to settle for a second character.

My options at this point are limited: Trish, Strange (I love both of these characters, but I am not consistent with their more advanced stuff, so it is barebones at this point). As far as projectile support goes, it should be Trish > Strange, but Strange's Eye of Agamotto might open up brand new combo possibilities as well, I imagine.

I do not know who to pick as second, honestly. Is Trish or Strange considered more viable to be seconds?

(Or I could just embrace my tier whore self, pick Wesker on point, go Spencer on second and Vergil on 3rd? :O Cause I am not sure how much a 2nd Wesker brings to the table.)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think we'll get recycling either. It's too far into the future for them to do so, much of this stuff wouldn't hold up especially on new tech. I certainly feel like it will hit after SF5 too, which IMO will be 2014 at the earliest. Capcom likes to stagger things, so I feel MvC4 would come at least a year or two after SF5.

Very possible. My predictions are more wishful thinking on my part than anything else. I'd actually prefer it if they recycled things as it would mean few to no cut characters, a battle engine that I love and hopefully more time to commit to more content besides what we already got rather than nuke all that and give us another barebones but entirely new title. I'd be completely okay with only a marginal graphics update.

Hm...

I have spent a few days in the lab, working on different Spencer combos.
It feels great to pull off stunts with him (especially that corner zipline zigzag) that I considered OMG-worthy before. Respect for Combofiend for doing those consistently in big matches.

Anyway, I still cant decide what assists to bring with him as support. My options are kinda limited, as Vergil is the only real third character that I can be dangerous with (aside from Wesker, but I prefer my Wesker to be on point, that is way honorable :p) ...and after almost a year, I have yet to settle for a second character.

My options at this point are limited: Trish, Strange (I love both of these characters, but I am not consistent with their more advanced stuff, so it is barebones at this point). As far as projectile support goes, it should be Trish > Strange, but Strange's Eye of Agamotto might open up brand new combo possibilities as well, I imagine.

I do not know who to pick as second, honestly. Is Trish or Strange considered more viable to be seconds?

(Or I could just embrace my tier whore self, pick Wesker on point, go Spencer on second and Vergil on 3rd? :O Cause I am not sure how much a 2nd Wesker brings to the table.)
I think Trish is terrible second, personally. She's all about establishing and maintaining a lead. Your second character should be able to even the match in the event your first character gets whopped via extra meter.

Strange is a fantastic second character, and I think he gets a lot from Vergil. Spell of Vishanti -> Devil Trigger probably leads to full combos. I would consider Bolts of Balthakk for your assist, though.

You could also just use Wesker, but a snapped in Vergil, which people are already prone to do, breaks your team.

Wow did you get this from the Vergil SRK forums or the Gamefaqs forums? That's VERY very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.
I discovered it. I always check for DHC glitch openings for Astral Vision with any new character I play after discovering the Firebrand setup.

If you're all about efficiency, it's best to learn the double c.H in the loop because you get ALOT of meter from them. After the Round Trip hits(should be getting 3 hits) immediate c.H xx Judgement Cut, Vergils loops are VERY timing dependent, getting in the first c.H as early as possible will make it that much easier to get the second c.H
You got me. I'm a meter whore, I need this.

What's the notation for this combo Karst? If you perform Dimension Slash after a the High Time from a hard knockdown the opponent will not be in "Launcher" state. That's why in the combo that was posted of Taekua is ended early from Judgement Cut L right into the High Time, so that the launcher state was still in effect.
That must have been the difference. I'll we-watch the video. So if you do SH, is your opponent is technically in a launcher state?

It's the wallbounce that causes the hitstun to deteriorate much worse in an extended combo. Tip: Vergil's Stinger will always cause a wallbounce if you haven't used it yet, however the opponent will not go from one side to the other if the hitstun decay is too high.
Really?! Good to know. I've been messing with c.H, Stinger, Trick Down as my reset option. It's really hard to see what's going on.

You can combo off of a Round Trip into hard tag if you don't cancel into Devil Trigger, unless you mean after that hard tag hits but in which case you should be able to combo anyways.
I'm exploring it as a way to start Dormammu or Morrigan off with a Devil Triggered Vergil assist, so the DT is pretty necessary. Just exploring team setup options.

Edit:
I also want to add that Rapid Slash assist wins my award for "assist where I am just as happy when my opponent blocks it as when he gets hit by it". It's just so satisfying to see my opponent, who has slowly been making progress across the screen, get his ass pushed aaaaalll the way back to the corner. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, DO YOU LIKE IT THERE?! STAY FOR A WHILE, AND LISTEN (/Deckard Cain) TO ME ASK "YA LIKE THAT?!" OVER AND OVER!

I never thought I would like Rapid Slash so much, but I do. I found a hard time finding an assist like Jam Session and Hidden Missiles that had as much utility as it has power for starting and extending combos...but here it is, on Vergil.

Rapid Slash + Morrigan combination for starting combos from full screen.
Jump + call Rapid Slash, Soul Fist H, fly-cancel. Start air dashing forward. If Rapid Slash hits, it knocks them into the Soul Fist. Connect a j.H out of your dash into another Soul Fist H, land, and then do your bnb - does about 230K before the combo starts. If Rapid Slash is blocked, addf at some point into j.S!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Very possible. My predictions are more wishful thinking on my part than anything else. I'd actually prefer it if they recycled things as it would mean few to no cut characters, a battle engine that I love and hopefully more time to commit to more content besides what we already got rather than nuke all that and give us another barebones but entirely new title. I'd be completely okay with only a marginal graphics update.
Me too. In my dreams they would just make the MvC3 combat engine a platform and continuously add to it like TF2. A massive undertaking though, and for such a (relatively) small fanbase, too much work for very little return for it to be feasible. But that is my dream, I love the combat system so damn much.

Actually, this shows how stupid the Capcom CEOs are. After week two of Avengers, they should of said, go back, expansion, include Loki and Thanos. GOOOOOO!!!!!

But another discussion.

Actually, this shows how stupid the Capcom CEOs are. After week two of Avengers, they should of said, go back, expansion, include Loki and Thanos. GOOOOOO!!!!!

But another discussion.
I don't think it demonstrates stupidity. Niitsuma flew over to say howdy to the Marvel folks. Until we know what they talked about, it's not fair to assume there isn't any interest on Capcom's side. Maybe Capcom tried, Marvel said no (or had outrageous prices), and so Niitsuma went in person to barter. It's hard to imagine a scenario where Niitsuma goes to Marvel HQ with total passivity toward this game.

Azure J

MVC4:

-Next gen consoles
-ties in with Avengers 2
-at least 90 playable characters
-good hud

there you gooooo

90?! 60 is the upper limit I'd say and even then I'm high as fuck to think of a number like that.

Capcom

Ryu
Chun
Akuma
SF5 cast member?*
Morrigan
Felicia
Hsien-Ko
Donovan/Raptor/Pyron/Jedah?*
Megaman
Zero
Tron
Chris
Jill
Wesker
Dante
Trish/Lady*
Vergil
Amaterasu
Gene (God Hand)
Haggar
Captain Commando
Jin Saotome
Tessa (Red Earth)
Phoenix Wright
Ryu (BoF)
Nina (BoF)
Rouge (Power Stone)
Akira/Shoma/Natsu/Tiffany (Rival Schools)
Arthur
Firebrand

Marvel

- Everyone in Marvel 3 + Phyllia Veil, Ms. Marvel, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Armor, Cloak & Dagger, and... Shit I dunno, Juggernaut? :p

The Capcom side is really the bigger draw towards these games for me, and I do see where the priorities tend to fall in both promotion of the entry and making interesting fighters. At the same time though, after developing a newfound appreciation fo their older fighters and IPs, I can't help but want to see the older folk get a bit more showtime here and there. (For example, I am of the opinion that Rival Schools packs the sleepers when it comes to hype characters or just visually interesting "normals". Tiffany Lords as a all American Dudley type of boxer and Shoma as the traditional baseball type just screams Marvel. :lol)

*Character slots that I know will come up or would be really great, but I wanted to try to go down Enzo's route of three reps for big series with space for newer faces. Needless to say that didn't work out. :p

And that's my roster of the month post for Mahvel GAF :p

Solune

I discovered it. I always check for DHC glitch openings for Astral Vision with any new character I play after discovering the Firebrand setup.
Dat innovation.
That must have been the difference. I'll we-watch the video. So if you do SH, is your opponent is technically in a launcher state?
This should be the case, but I'm not gonna state it as fact because there are probably exceptions and I don't want to get embarassed by Sixfortyfive again.
Really?! Good to know. I've been messing with c.H, Stinger, Trick Down as my reset option. It's really hard to see what's going on.
I haven't tested it thoroughly for how much hitstun is required before this happens but I found out during my recordings of some combos.
I'm exploring it as a way to start Dormammu or Morrigan off with a Devil Triggered Vergil assist, so the DT is pretty necessary. Just exploring team setup options.
Round Trip doesn't upgrade right away, correct? I've been trying (very hard) to record this Round Trip raw tag combo into Morrigan and it does work, though the conditions are a little bit different as the opponent is airborne as opposed to grounded and hit by a hard tag.
Edit:
I also want to add that Rapid Slash assist wins my award for "assist where I am just as happy when my opponent blocks it as when he gets hit by it". It's just so satisfying to see my opponent, who has slowly been making progress across the screen, get his ass pushed aaaaalll the way back to the corner. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, DO YOU LIKE IT THERE?! STAY FOR A WHILE, AND LISTEN (/Deckard Cain) TO ME ASK "YA LIKE THAT?!" OVER AND OVER!

I never thought I would like Rapid Slash so much, but I do. I found a hard time finding an assist like Jam Session and Hidden Missiles that had as much utility as it has power for starting and extending combos...but here it is, on Vergil.

Rapid Slash + Morrigan combination for starting combos from full screen.
Jump + call Rapid Slash, Soul Fist H, fly-cancel. Start air dashing forward. If Rapid Slash hits, it knocks them into the Soul Fist. Connect a j.H out of your dash into another Soul Fist H, land, and then do your bnb - does about 230K before the combo starts. If Rapid Slash is blocked, addf at some point into j.S!

Vergil isn't quite the swiss army knife that Dante is, but the other Son of Sparda doesn't have any shortage of being as good to abuse!

Dahbomb

I was harping up the Rapid Slash assist for keep away teams since day 1. Its beast with Hawkeye, Arthur, Strange and Task. All these characters also provide Vergil with great horizontal assists.

Round Trip doesn't upgrade right away, correct? I've been trying (very hard) to record this Round Trip raw tag combo into Morrigan and it does work, though the conditions are a little bit different as the opponent is airborne as opposed to grounded and hit by a hard tag.
Correct. I'm excited to see what you come up with! :-D

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally got back to this game after a few weeks spent elsewhere (Olympics, SOCOM 4, Darksiders, Black Ops), and I'm getting better at pulling off X-23 and Wesker's combos. However I don't have any Hawkeye combos. Would anyone be so kind as to provide a combo I can practice?

I'm probably going to finish this ASM game tomorrow. Feels like I haven't played this in forever (it's been 4 days).

So I finally got back to this game after a few weeks spent elsewhere (Olympics, SOCOM 4, Darksiders, Black Ops), and I'm getting better at pulling off X-23 and Wesker's combos. However I don't have any Hawkeye combos. Would anyone be so kind as to provide a combo I can practice?

Most basic shizz is just (cL, cM) or (sM), slide, S, jMMHS, Trick L or H (doesn't really matter) Ice Shot, slide, S, jMMHS, Trick L~Violet Fizz.

Happy Birthdays, replace the ice shot with a f+M and the Violet Fizz with a Rusty Nail (the H variant).

If you manage to tag someone with some arrows full screen while they're in the air and send a Dead Arrow their way that drops them to ground, I like doing (arrows), H, Dead Arrow, H, Dead Arrow, H, Dead Arrow, slide into Trick H Ice shot, and do standard air series/finisher.

He's not really a combo character though. Punish them for their predictable movement and attempts to avoid the shots of the world's greatest marksman.

Also, I would only end a combo in Gimlet if you're going to kill or need to get him out of there. It's a punish move through and through.

Solune

Ok so bringing back the topic of Iron Fist briefly, IT IS possible to combo into Red Chi level 3. I tried it from the wall bounce but there is not enough time after Rising Fang to do Chi xx level 3. It is possible to Crescent Heel xx Red Chi xx Level 3, so props to Sixfortyfive for pointing out the mistake.

---

@Karst

The best followup after a naked Helm Breaker > High Time + Dark Hole instance, is to teleport down, SHS > Magic Series. There was too much hitstun decay to follow up after the Rising Sun.

If you really want to make use of your ground bounce, do a Round Trip loop if you have it charged.

If not charged then you can do s.H xx Lunar Phase > c.H Stinger xx RoundTrip into another Lunar Phase (this works regardless of corner or not) Max range versions involved timing the Round Trip and dashing up for the Lunar Phase.

Time to work on more tech~

Ok so bringing back the topic of Iron Fist briefly, IT IS possible to combo into Red Chi level 3. I tried it from the wall bounce but there is not enough time after Rising Fang to do Chi xx level 3. It is possible to Crescent Heel xx Red Chi xx Level 3, so props to Sixfortyfive for pointing out the mistake.

---

@Karst

The best followup after a naked Helm Breaker > High Time + Dark Hole instance, is to teleport down, SHS > Magic Series. There was too much hitstun decay to follow up after the Rising Sun.

If you really want to make use of your ground bounce, do a Round Trip loop if you have it charged.

If not charged then you can do s.H xx Lunar Phase > c.H Stinger xx RoundTrip into another Lunar Phase (this works regardless of corner or not) Max range versions involved timing the Round Trip and dashing up for the Lunar Phase.

Time to work on more tech~
Why not HSHS instead of SHS?

Also, wild fact I learned via Big Two just now: Seven Rings does not beat Arthur's level 3. They negate each other.

Solune

Why not HSHS instead of SHS?

Also, wild fact I learned via Big Two just now: Seven Rings does not beat Arthur's level 3. They negate each other.

Yes HSHS :lol , btw my camcorder is dead but I did do said combo. Round Trip xx Devil Trigger > Hard Tag to Morrigan > Mash s.S > Proceed to do Soul Fist combo etc etc.

Anth0ny

Marvel

- Everyone in Marvel 3 + Phyllia Veil, Ms. Marvel, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Armor, Cloak & Dagger, and... Shit I dunno, Juggernaut? :p

Loki, Thanos, Lizard, Ant Man, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Mr. Fantastic, Thing, Human Torch, Punisher, Daredevil, Blade, Venom, Carnage, Cyclops, Beast,
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU
MORPH, Young Magneto, Young Xavier... GET ERRBODY IN THERE

The funny thing is almost all of those characters are featured/playable in the Ultimate Alliance games.

Azure J

Loki, Thanos, Lizard, Ant Man, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Mr. Fantastic, Thing, Human Torch, Punisher, Daredevil, Blade, Venom, Carnage, Cyclops, Beast,
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU
MORPH, Young Magneto, Young Xavier... GET ERRBODY IN THERE

The funny thing is almost all of those characters are featured/playable in the Ultimate Alliance games.

I've always thought that out of the Fantastic Four, Sue Storm and Reed Richards would be the easiest to do justice to especially with the apparent resource issues involved with making entirely flame based characters or the design needed to prevent Thing from being a Hulk style heavy. Just a thought that came to mind from reading this post. Mahvel is waaaay overdue for an actual F4 member imo.

Azure J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2eCthNGD2g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI5gfEzDMrM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrZ24auVgA

How have I never seen these before? That TK'd Gram H after a Formation B Shot OTG just opened up a whole new world for me. Also, Excalibur H during air combos is wild. Finally, that Formation B - Gram L corner loop looks amazing for damage/meter. (Watch that thing be difficult as all hell for me to get down.)

I have so much to try out now, funny too since for the longest I was looking for Strider stuff and this is all ancient at this point (but very relevant).

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Oh god, the revelation I'm having now is that the fighting game Niitsuma's been working on is only JoJo's and nothing completely new. Sadness. I hope that after this project he's still working on another fighting game.

I think it's a very fair assumption that Capcom might not be working with Marvel again any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom