• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Gartooth

I came in here to pay my respects. I didn't play and understand the game to its full depth by any means, but I rode the hype train for Marvel 3 from announcement to release and the same with UMvC3. Spent dozens of hours with friends playing all 50 characters and in the end this was probably one of the most memorable fighting games I've ever played in terms of pure enjoyment. Additionally while I never played an active role in the community, watching EVO finals for this game and reading the tournament thread on GAF as it happened remained as some of the best entertainment I can think of for the last few summers. It is a damn shame that the game never got the support or recognition from Marvel and Capcom that it deserved, and I wish everyone here the best of luck in regards to the future of both UMvC3 and the MvC series in general.

Ghazi

This is what I'm expecting 2016, because with MvC3 gone off the marketplace it's law of the wild.

Bad Luck Ghazi:

PZWCjmO.jpg

Another thing, so at #CapCup2013 I meade a mental note to try something after I saw Yipes do a standard Dante BnB in the corner, but after the (iirc) j.h->qcf L->s.H he did Cold Shower->Prop Shredder. I can't seem to get into the Cold Shower after the s.H, did he bold cancel into it?

FSLink

Banned
GGs TWILT. Stupid failure to sync bullshit at the end there, but I guess I needed to go anyway, lol.

My team Nemo still needs more work, but it's getting there at least.

TWILT

Banned
Good games FSLink. I was dropping a lot of stuff. x_x Maayyybe I'll just stick to Strider May Cry whenever I face your Zero from now on...
Yeah, I thought you were doing really good with Team Nemo (kinda want to try a variation of the team myself, but Impact loops are harrrd). As soon as Nova touched my character, I knew he was a goner haha.

Another thing, so at #CapCup2013 I meade a mental note to try something after I saw Yipes do a standard Dante BnB in the corner, but after the (iirc) j.h->qcf L->s.H he did Cold Shower->Prop Shredder. I can't seem to get into the Cold Shower after the s.H, did he bold cancel into it?

No, the timing's just weird. I used to do that a lot, but it's harder and does less damage than normal combos unless you do crazy links.

Dahbomb

Tomorrow we will discuss to change the Felicia changes and then put the patch on the back burner until someone brings some other problems in it.

Cool little SF4-style Hawkeye mixup:

in the corner:

end the combo with an S, back jump jMMHS, call vergil, slight delay forward jump. The timing is perfect so that the last hit of rapid slash is meaty and the animation obscures a high attack or empty jump low. If you delay the jump slightly the hit of rapid slash pushes them out of the corner and it's a cross-up at the same range.

If they roll forward the rapid slash crosses up and they get dragged back into the corner anyway.

vg260

Just curious, if Capcom released Capcom All-stars in the style of the VS series, would people be disappointed, or does the acceptance hinge on the Marvel license?

On top of that how would people feel about a more platform/F2P style a la KI that could receive continued support because it's all in-house?

I feel like that's the way to go with their next fighting project, and it's glaringly obvious.

Sigmaah

Just curious, if Capcom released Capcom All-stars in the style of the VS series, would people be disappointed, or does the acceptance hinge on the Marvel license?

On top of that how would people feel about a more platform/F2P style a la KI that could receive continued support because it's all in-house?

I feel like that's the way to go with their next fighting project, and it's glaringly obvious.

Pretty sure everyone would be happy as fuck if we got a capcom all stars fighting game. A KI type game would be dope too.

Dahbomb

A Capcom All Stars game would be hype as fuck. Not like MVC hype but still hype enough. If its a good enough game then people will play it.

I just hope if they do make a Capcom All Stars game that it is 3v3 assist based game play. That type of style is so niche inside the fighting game genre.

shaowebb

Capcom All Stars would be a good thing at this point to help push their IP's and test the water for who people are most excited to see in a game. Pretty certain Strider's game is happening now in no small part due to the huge amount of people who chimed in saying they missed him so much in Marvel.

Its like an ad and a focus test all in one.

I'd buy it and its just loud enough as a crossover to draw in casuals if they actually add single player content and unlocks to it like MK and Injustice did. You really got to focus on that sort of thing with fighters these days as the online experience to casuals is actually a negative experience given how hard FGC bodies them. Give em goofy stuff like the HH mode, and Test Your Luck from MK, and a bunch of unlockable trophies and trivia like Smash Bros Brawl did and add in minigames per character like the overseas Tatsunoko vs Capcom 1st game had. Do a branch path story mode like Blaz Blue to keep them digging as well and to trim the difficulty of adding in anything expensive like an animated story or something.

Seriously...make a run at this Capcom and shoot for mass appeal. That level of single player goodies would advertise the hell out of your IP's and create fans out of your other demographics to help grow your IPs.

TWILT

Banned
Assuming the roster's good, I'd love a Capcom All Stars game (my main team is Capcom characters only, so :p). I'd be pretty wary of the F2P model though (don't really care for KI at all because of it).

It would be fantastic. Even though I play an all Marvel team, I would be excited. The only character from Marvel that people would 100% miss is Magneto.

shaowebb

It would be fantastic. Even though I play an all Marvel team, I would be excited. The only character from Marvel that people would 100% miss is Magneto.

Agreed. I think people are bored to shit of Doom honestly. The rest are replaceable.

May as well do this.

40 character minimal roster time guys for Capcom All Stars. Name your 40 or as many as you care to. Cite anything critical you dream of.

JeTmAn81

When I was trying that I found you needed to start mashing on Cold Shower immediately after you hit that s.H to get it to connect.

Anth0ny

God's Beard!";93817461][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1hKp9JT5lo said:
All you have to do is drop the Master of Magnet's moveset on a Capcom character.[/URL]

Exactly.

Capcom All Stars! Featuring:

Magnet Man
Hail Woman
The Robot
Web Head
The Claw
Captain Shield
Giant Head Man
avoN
Diving Foot Man

etc.

Booter

Thanks to Brokentier for uploading Marn vs Nemo MM to Youtube, was great to watch. Twitch vids won't load for me, wish I could see the rest on Youtube!

onionfrog

40 character minimal roster time guys for Capcom All Stars. Name your 40 or as many as you care to. Cite anything critical you dream of.
Here is my 50 character roster for a possible capcom all stars.
(Which assumes that capcom would want to recycle as much as possible when creating the game):

They could recycle characters from umvc3:
1. Ryu
2. Akuma(also give him some of oni's moves from AE)
3. Chun Li
4. C. Viper
5. Morrigan
6. Felicia
7. Hsienko
8. Dante
9. Trish
10. Vergil
11. Chris
12. Wesker
13. Jill
14. Nemesis
15. Arthur
16. Firebrand
17. Tron
18. Zero
19. Haggar
20. Spencer
21. Strider
22. Frank West
23. Phoenix Wright
24. Amaterasu
25. Viewtiful Joe

They could port characters from TvC:
26. Alex
27. Batsu
28. Megaman Voltnutt
29. Roll
30. Saki
31. Soki (since I can't have Samanosuke thanks to licensing issues. :p )

Add some characters from SSF4 AE/USF4:
32. Fei Long
33. Cammy
34. Poison
35. M. Bison
36. Ibuki
37. Sakura
38. Seth
39: Guy
40: Cody

Then they could add some brand new characters:
41: Megaman X (They already have a model from umvc3)
42. Sigma
43. Captain Commando
44. Jin
45. Nina(Bof2)
46. Gene
47. Regina (Dino Crisis) [with mvc2 Jill-like moveset]
48. Jon Talbain
49. Ruby Heart
50. Rouge (Power Stone)

Overview:
12 SF reps. (A bit much)
3 Dmc Reps
4 Darkstalkers reps
4 RE reps.
6 Megaman Reps
FUCK YEAH!
3 Final Fight Reps
... And various classic capcom franchises and characters also get representation! :)

They would only have to make half the characters from scratch, and most of those already have character models that they could start from! :p
Exactly.

Capcom All Stars! Featuring:

Magnet Man
Hail Woman
The Robot
Web Head
The Claw
Captain Shield
Giant Head Man
avoN
Diving Foot Man

etc.
lol.
Seriously though if they wanted to go that route, Magnetman could be magneto.

LakeEarth

Damn it, now I'm tempted to get the costumes since that's the only DLC I don't have on the 360 but I don't plan on paying for Live again so there's not much point to it, but still...

I'm in the same boat, I never bought Shuma/Jill so I'm thinking, why not? But then I haven't renewed my Live for a year now, so what's the point?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Agreed. I think people are bored to shit of Doom honestly. The rest are replaceable.

May as well do this.

I will work on that soon as I can.

I'm in the same boat, I never bought Shuma/Jill so I'm thinking, why not? But then I haven't renewed my Live for a year now, so what's the point?

Same here for PSN but I already considered to move from 360 to PS3 anyway.

Sigmaah

Only characters I'd really want for Capcom All-Stars is

X
Zero
Sigma
Magma Dragoon (he can be the ken of the game)
Bass.EXE
Nero
Oni (maybe Akuma can get a hyper that allows him to become Oni?)
Leon
CapCom

Other then that, I'm good (unless I'm forgetting a couple of ppl I want), they can add whoever the fuck else.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It's tough to coming up with roster where we can have 50 unique characters without worrying about characters being overlapped. We don't really want to have few different characters that have similar game style. Also we need to have few characters that could fill the voids where Marvel would leave behind.

Dahbomb

Nero is an amazing character to put in a Capcom All Stars game.

People say he's Spencer plus Vergil but that's not really true.

For one Nero has NO teleports whatsoever. He has to play honestly. And he doesn't have a Spiral Sword equivalent... he can only throw them out but he can't circle them around him like Vergil can.

Secondly, he has no Bionic Arm/Lancer equivalent.

Although he does have his own Buster type shot (Blue Rose) that he would charge plus he can charge his sword with fire in between attacks. He would be a just frame type character where if you input his moves on the right frame the next move will be powered up and he will do lots of damage that way. He would be a very high skill cap character.

My dream Capcom All Stars roster:

25 Capcom characters from UMVC3.

+

Dimitri
Jedah
Talbain
Soki
PTX
Regina
Nilin
Nero
Gene
Asura
Date Masamune
Rathalos
Megaman X or some MM equivalent
Sigma
Nina
Ryu (BoF)
Ruby Heart
Captain Commando
Jin
Hayato
Batsu
Alastor (from Viewtiful Joe)
Tessa
Vanessa (PN03)
Zack and Wiki

I wanted to add in Sieg Warheit but there's a licensing issue.

Originally I didn't have Talbain but then I realized that the loss of Wolverine and X23 means that we need a pure rushdown character to fill in that roll.

shaowebb

1. Phobos (DarkStalkers)
  2. Jedah (Darkstalkers)
  3. Queen Bee (Darkstalkers)
  4. C. Viper( SF4)
  5. Juri (SF4)
  6. Seth(SF4)
  7. Poison (FF)
  8. Haggar (FF)
  9. Urien (SF3)
  10. Q(SF3)
  11. Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)
  12. Yukimura (Sengoku Basara)
  13. Protoman
  14. Dr Wily
  15. Nick Ramos (Dead Rising 3)
  16. Wayne Holden (Lost Planet)
  17. Strider
  18. Spencer (Bionic Commando)
  19. Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins)
  20. Firebrand (Ghosts N Goblins)
  21. Rouge (Power Stone)
  22. Ryu (Breath of Fire)
  23. Dante (Devil May Cry)
  24. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
  25. Nero (Devil May Cry 4)
  26. Trish (Devil May Cry)
  27. Gene (Godhand)
  28. Mega Man X
  29. Galaxy Man (mm9)
  30. Asura (Asura's Wrath)
  31. Leon Kennedy (RE)
  32. Wesker (RE)
  33. Chris Redfield (RE)
  34. Kaijin no Soki (Onimusha)
  35. Amaterasu (Okami)
  36. Viewtiful Joe (VJ)
  37. Monster Hunter Character (Likely the girl from the manga or a monster)
  38. Phoenix Wright
  39. Miles Edgeworth (PW)
  40. Sissel (Ghost Trick)
  41. Ryu
  42. Akuma
  43. Megaman
  44. Pharoah Man
  45. Jill (RE)
  46. Scrooge McDuck (lolololol)

shaowebb

^Mainly I want Gene, Nero, Wily, Rouge ,Urien, Phobos, and Seth off that list. A lot of it is just me shooting in filler of what I like, but I feel those characters would have a LOT of potential and would really change teams. Aegis Reflector assist alone would be a game changer let alone the tools Phobos has and how perfectly Seth would fit in.

Dahbomb

Yeah if I had to pick SF characters I would definitely pick Seth and Urien. They have the most potential in a BS game.

I didn't include SF characters because that's not as interesting. I tried to get as many characters from other franchises as possible. I did sort of cheat with 3 Darkstalker characters though.

A lot of people aren't including Nilin but she would be a pretty awesome VS character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Get rid of Hsien-Ko for Jedah or so? :p

Anyway, problem with dream lists are that we wouldn't cover all of important archetypes in the fighting games.

We lost a lot of interesting characters that would be tough to replace all of them like Wolverine (Rushdown), Dormammu (Magician), etc. I can see Nina (BOF2) could replaced Dr. Strange pretty well. I don't really want Iron Fist's position to be replaced by Fei Long.

TWILT

Banned
The characters who I'd really love to see (assuming that everyone from the Capcom side of UMvC3 is returning) in an Capcom All Stars are:

Nero (Devil May Cry 4)
Gene (God Hand)
Megaman X
Bass.EXE (Megaman Battle Network)
Roll (Megaman)
Jedah (Darkstalkers)
Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney)
Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)

I too would love playing as Nero. He can be super fun to play as.

Okay real list time.

All of Marvel 3's Capcom characters +

Most Wanted

Mega Man Classic
Dr. Wily
Gene (God Hand)
Miles Edgeworth
Hunk
Samonuske (don't give a shit about licensing, could Takeshi really demand that much? Fine if no Samonuske then another Onimusha rep that's NOT fucking Soki, maybe some Nobunaga action)
Regina

Deserves to be included

Date Masumune
Sigma
Captain Commando
A worthy versus version of Chun Li
Claire Redfield with Marvel 2 Jill moveset
Leon/Chris the bone claw / adamantium version of Capcom Allstars
ONE or TWO new Street Fighter (Don't want to0 many of them they have their own series)
Monster Hunter Rep
Breath of Fire Rep
A mech either from Lost Planet or Cyberbots to have a big Sentinal like character
Rival Schools chatacter
Powerstone character
Darkstalkers character
Linn Kurowhateverhowyousayit (Aliens vs Predator, several cameo's, is not licensed, doesn't necessarily need to be gun focused)

onionfrog

Okay real list time.

All of Marvel 3's Capcom characters +

Most Wanted

Mega Man Classic
Dr. Wily
Gene (God Hand)
Miles Edgeworth
Hunk
Samonuske (don't give a shit about licensing, could Takeshi really demand that much? Fine if no Samonuske then another Onimusha rep that's NOT fucking Soki, maybe some Nobunaga action)
Regina

Deserves to be included

Date Masumune
Sigma
Captain Commando
A worthy versus version of Chun Li
Claire Redfield with Marvel 2 Jill moveset
Leon/Chris the bone claw / adamantium version of Capcom Allstars
ONE or TWO new Street Fighter (Don't want to0 many of them they have their own series)
Monster Hunter Rep
Breath of Fire Rep
A mech either from Lost Planet or Cyberbots to have a big Sentinal like character
Rival Schools chatacter
Powerstone character
Darkstalkers character
Linn Kurowhateverhowyousayit (Aliens vs Predator, several cameo's, is not licensed, doesn't necessarily need to be gun focused)
My man! Samanosuke would be so fucking good for a VS game!

lol we are now moving on to theory capcom all stars rosters.
This is just another part of the MahvelGAF cycle.
We've discussed theory Capcom All Star rosters before! -_-

Top Bottom