• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar

Lets take a look at Panama's record

World Cup Record

1930 to 1934 – Non-FIFA member
1938 to 1974 – Did not enter
1978 to 2010 – Did not qualify

Currently 5th out of 6th in their world cup qualification group.

Clearly a giant that the US has stunningly toppled, in a tournament played exclusively in the US.

World cup 2014 victor confirmed.

You forgot to add that they beat Mexico twice.

andycapps

Lets take a look at Panama's record

World Cup Record

1930 to 1934 – Non-FIFA member
1938 to 1974 – Did not enter
1978 to 2010 – Did not qualify

Currently 5th out of 6th in their world cup qualification group.

Clearly a giant that the US has stunningly toppled, in a tournament played exclusively in the US.

World cup 2014 victor confirmed.
Let me feel your rage.

You forgot to add that they beat Mexico twice.

You imply that Mexico was paying attention.

Its a tournament that wasnt even deemed worthy of an official thread here on GAF, implying its of little or no importance.

You know what the official football thread was literally talking about while this game was on? The Marlins. You know, a baseball team. Thats how disinterested they were.

Mexico had more important things to worry about, like a confederations cup. Why bother with a a summer friendly hosted by the US marketing organization in US stadiums?

Slizz

Its a tournament that wasnt even deemed worthy of an official thread here on GAF, implying its of little or no importance.

You know what the official football thread was literally talking about while this game was on? The Marlins. You know, a baseball team. Thats how disinterested they were.

Mexico had more important things to worry about, like a confederations cup. Why bother with a a summer friendly hosted by the US marketing organization in US stadiums?

Wrong.

Everything here is wrong.

Mexico's A team have been shit during WCQ and it carried into their B team this tourney.

daoster

Go on....I need more salt

Clydefrog

donovanshades.gif

daoster

Guys, Mexico is only struggling right now because they're playing in CONCACAF. But if they were in CONMEBOL, they'd be above Brazil in the WCQ group standings. DUH.

CONCACAF fools.

Good win for the US and a great tournament overall. So proud of the guys that got called in and delivered. There's a few guys that'll help immediately with the full team and a couple others that are in for a good fight in the peripheral spots.

A friendly in Bosnia is up next on August 14th before World Cup Qualifiers resume against Costa Rica on September 6th.

Good win for the US and a great tournament overall. So proud of the guys that got called in and delivered. There's a few guys that'll help immediately with the full team and a couple others that are in for a good fight in the peripheral spots.

A friendly in Bosnia is up next on August 14th before World Cup Qualifiers resume against Costa Rica on September 6th.

i think the win streak ends then. Bosnia actually has a pretty good team and we wont be bringing an A squad I think.

i think the win streak ends then. Bosnia actually has a pretty good team and we wont be bringing an A squad I think.
Unlike the WCQ and Gold Cup games that the US won on the current streak, that one is about testing the players, developing chemistry, and building up depth. This win streak will stand for a long time even if they drop a result against Bosnia. (Perhaps even better if the US surpasses it in the near future in any case. :p)

Like trying to figure out how you guys go swept away at the Confed Cup, how WCQ is going just so so well, getting thumped from the Gold Cup by Panama twice, and on and on.

This Gold Cup actually has importance since it helps pave way toward the 2017 Confed Cup. Oh and speaking of which, the Confed Cup that we actually made the final for last time. I'm sure Mexico got to experience some fine dining during their brief stay in Brazil this summer though.

ZZMitch

Just watched the whole game after getting out of work! Exciting game for sure despite the 1-0 scoreline.

Enjoyed the Mexican salt in this thread too, always fun.

CobbFC09

dH6T60Zl.jpg

My 2014 U.S. World Cup roster as of right now...
– LeanderLastNameNoFit ‏(@LeanderOnFOX) July 28, 2013

Not sure how serious this is considering his spelling of "Donavan," but it's definitely interesting. I'm personally still on the fence with Wondo. He played great against Belize and Cuba, but wasn't so good in the Costa Rica or El Salvador game. Gomez at the wing also has me intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom