• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles II |OT| Grind to get school credits which won't get anyone a job!

DJChuy

Got my copy at Kmart; managed to get the only copy there. I played it for a couple of hours, and here are my initial impressions.

Just like the first, gameplay is solid and very fun. I like some of the class tweaks like engineers being the only ones to heal. That, along with only six people being deployed and several areas in maps, I feel there's going to be a great amount of strategy involved later on.

I checked the R&D center and the training grounds, and there's a great amount of content and customization. Can't wait to dig into that.

The school map is pretty nice. It has some nice little touches like tanks driving around and shots being fired in the training ground.

The story is awful and has a weak set up.
"No, I don't believe my brother is dead. I'm going to join the academy and find out."
Another thing I don't like about the story is the overly done underdog story.
So you're placed in Class G where all these unmotivated nitwits are, but I can already tell they'll be the heroes or the best class.
One thing I don't get is why Zeri is there? He seems like a smart guy. The only plausible reason I can think of is that he's a
darcsen.
Anyways, I didn't really like the story for the first one, but it wasn't this bad.

Voice acting is decent, but Avan's laugh is irritating. The soundtrack is great though.

Closest K Mart to me is in New Jersey and of fucking course the fucking store was closed beacuse it's a Sunday in North Jersey. So that was a nice waste of an hour and some gas.

Hcoregamer00 said:
It is pretty terrible, but Valkyria 1 had a pretty horrible storyline too. Thankfully the games have a more character-driven storyline and have a very good cast of likable characters. It reminds me of Grandia 1, which also had an equally bad storyline. The saving grace was that it wasn't a narrative-driven storyline, but a character-driven storyline.

>_>

This game is a canon sequel, and there is no guarantee that a sequel will be on console. Sega could very well be prepping a Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the 3DS to build a userbase near the launch cycle.

God, this game in 3D would be amazing. But this game still feels likes a side story to me. Granted im only about 8 hours in, but the story so far seems to be focused on a small part of the war, within a military school. I guess i just associate the characters from the first game with them being a major part of what a Valkyria Chronicles game is. Which is natural. Dont get me wrong, im loving the game and its plot allot.

Chip N Chance said:
God, this game in 3D would be amazing. But this game still feels likes a side story to me. Granted im only about 8 hours in, but the story so far seems to be focused on a small part of the war, within a military school. I guess i just associate the characters from the first game with them being a major part of what a Valkyria Chronicles game is. Which is natural. Dont get me wrong, im loving the game and its plot allot.

Well, insofar as Gallia is concerned, this is the only conflict in 1937 worth talking about.

Also, I submit that Avan would be at least 30% more likable if he lost that idiotic laugh.

Pureauthor said:
Well, insofar as Gallia is concerned, this is the only conflict in 1937 worth talking about.

Also, I submit that Avan would be at least 30% more likable if he lost that idiotic laugh.

I'd like him 200% more if he didn't jack off to his brother at every opportunity.

cosmicblizzard said:
I'd like him 200% more if he didn't jack off to his brother at every opportunity.

hahaha, His whole story so far seems very goofy and light hearted. The whole game comes of like that. I found the first game to be very serous. But since the game doesn't have to be fully voice acted, they can do some pretty neat side story stuff. Theres allot of that in the game that goes way beyond anything the first game did.

RedSwirl said:
So is the sale through coupon-only or something?
No coupons needed. It's a regular sale, but a lot of Kmarts haven't had their prices adjusted in the system. The kmart rep on CAG was working on fixing that. Either way, you can always bring your receipt in within 7 days to get the correct price if your Kmart's system hasn't updated their prices.

Kuran

Banned
The character art is so bad in this game, especially the main character.. his hair, his expressions... it's a constant facepalm for me as I press Start over and over to skip each cutscene.

I don't remember having any such problems with Valkyria Chronicles on PS3.. is it me? What happened?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Fuck Target, fuck Wal-Mart, Fuck Best Buy, Fuck Gamestop and I’d like to send out an extra special fuck you to K-Mart for getting me to believe they’d not only have this game, but that they’d be selling it at a reduced price.

I should have never left you Amazon.

duckroll

YO!

Ahahaha!

I'll do it!

Honesty...

Seriously?

I think the super repetitive voice clips are even WORSE than not having any voice at all. The development team's decision to go on the PSP is pretty much a failure imo, and I'm glad it is. At least the game sold enough so the franchise isn't dead, but I hope they never try pandering to the Japanese portable audience in this way with Valkyria ever again.

- Grind missions to get story missions
- Grind money to buy missions and equipment
- Grind exp to buy orders and level up classes (now with even more levels!)
- Grind materials to make equipment
- Grind aces to get plans and weapons
- Grind characters to earn credits and unlock sidequests

Holy shit wtf! After 10 hours of this, I find that when I'm playing the game, the gameplay is good and fun so I actually enjoy it. But once I put the PSP down, I can't help but criticize almost every single major design decision which runs completely counter to what made

VC1 so memorable and great. VC1 had no grinding, no filler, no time wasting. Every mission was a unique story mission, even the ones you bought. You can replay any story mission over and over, and if you really want to waste time there are optional skirmishes to play. In VC2, everything is a fucking grind. Before you can even get to the unique story mission for each month, you have to grind on dumb filler missions to waste time. WTF? After getting plans to make a weapon or upgrade, you need MATERIALS to build it? Erm. Unified class levels remain, but now class change is individual and requires credits you can only earn from actually using the characters? GTFO. You can't even replay story missions after beating them? Okay, fuck off now!

I love most of the balance changes and new gameplay elements like the APC, the tank customization, etc. I basically hate every other chance they made to the presentation and progression of the game. VC1 was perfect as a 20-30 hour SRPG with tight design and no filler. By distancing itself away from character levels, it means that you would pick troops for each mission based on either who you liked to look at, or whose potentials had the best advantage on that map. It made the game very tactical based, and way less "RPG", and for the better. VC2 spits in the face of most of that design in order to pander to the perceived huge PSP audience in Japan who love 100+ hour games with tons of grind and unlockables and tons and tons of "content" which is mostly repetitive filler.

*vomit*

TL:DR

Anyways I'm really enjoying this game and all the characters have unique personalitys so that's a plus.

The only negative thing is getting the parts to create new weapons but that's not that big a deal.

All in all I'm glad this game is on a portable I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if it was on the PS3

Duckroll has pretty much convinced me to NOT buy Valkyria Chronicles 2. I enjoyed VC1; I wasn't in love with the game play; I simply enjoyed it. The filler missions, shoddy presentation, horrible characters and garbage story...This sounds like a game I will absolutely despise. :-(

Hopefully, Sega will fix the issues in VC3. A console version would be nice but as long as they fix the issues that seems to be in VC2, I'll be happy regardless whether it's a PSP or a PS3 game.

Lain

duckroll said:

I'll hopefully have my copy today, but this is already making me depressed.
I loved how you could grind if you wanted to or just skip it in VC1. This forced grinding crap in the sequel sounds.... crappy.

duckroll

Lain said:
I'll hopefully have my copy today, but this is already making me depressed.
I loved how you could grind if you wanted to or just skip it in VC1. This forced grinding crap in the sequel sounds.... crappy.

It's crappy, but like I said, when I'm playing it, it's still fun. The foundation of the gameplay in the VC series is very good, so if you're in it for the tactical gameplay and trying to approach missions in various different ways, it's still a pretty good game. It's just disappointing that while they made several steps forward in the gameplay design, they made several steps backwards in the progression and narrative presentation. :(

duckroll said:
So you're saying there's some grinding in this game? Haha.

That's a real bummer to hear. I loved VC because of the characters and the story missions made it very hard to stop playing. Every chapter was exciting because something happened within the story or you were introduced to an entirely new game mechanic. They did a great job of diversifying the missions to make each of them fresh and unique.

I think adding customization and new gameplay elements is the right direction. I really hope they go back to the story book format.

Nose Master

About 4 hours in, Duckroll seems to be pretty spot on, though. Really disappointing after VC1. Why can't more RPGs make grinding entirely optional? End-game shit, kind of like Disgaea. Bad example I guess, but you get the idea.

Spike

duckroll said:
VC2 spits in the face of most of that design in order to pander to the perceived huge PSP audience in Japan who love 100+ hour games with tons of grind and unlockables and tons and tons of "content" which is mostly repetitive filler.

And there it is. They took something special and made it a 'just another' game.

I love VC1. But I find VC2 hard to play. I don't like it for pretty much exactly what Duckroll posted. If VC3 is going to be like this, I don't want it.

iammeiam

The refined class system does really choke on the per-character material requirements, which is too bad. I like the idea of being able to designate two scouts as snipers, two as advanced scouts, etc--that adds a ton of flexibility to mission design, which is great. I hate having to look at materials lists to figure out which characters should go on the mission so I can make them useful.

It looks even worse since they already have a game mechanic encouraging you to swap through your party--you get the classmate missions by using those classmates in battle, so the game encourages you to try out all your characters by rewarding you with varied missions. There's no need to add on the stupid class change requirements!

In a theoretical VC3, I'd like to see them move to one central pool of materials that all your recruits pull from--So you might only have enough of a random requirement to upgrade 3 snipers total, but your 3 snipers could be any three scouts. Instead of having fricking stupid Avan sitting there with like 20 certificates he'll never use.

daoster

duckroll said:

To be fair, you're not forced to grind for money. I'm in July and I don't even know what to do with all the money I've accumulated.

Nor do you have to grind to make equipment or weapons...only the unique weapons and equipment, which I've barely touched at all.

Grinding for XP...well, I was doing that already in VC1 towards the end, and I haven't done too much

The side quests in this game are basically stories for the side characters. I don't see that big of a difference between grinding for their sidequests in this game and grinding in VC1 to unlock the data entries for those side characters. Maybe in VC1 it wasn't as arbitrary, but still...

Though the class change system is definitely something that needs to be fixed for VC3. Arbitrarily awarding the characters credits (how exactly did my VIP character NOT get Arms X?) is kind of getting annoying.

And of course, I hope to God that VC3 is back on consoles, where it belongs. Glorious HD, huge stages , and...a larger limit than 5 characters on screen at once.

Easystride said:
No coupons needed. It's a regular sale, but a lot of Kmarts haven't had their prices adjusted in the system. The kmart rep on CAG was working on fixing that. Either way, you can always bring your receipt in within 7 days to get the correct price if your Kmart's system hasn't updated their prices.

Kmart also sucks at stocking stuff. I've gone to a local Kmart for a few of the sales they've had recently, and they've never actually had any of the games.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
.. I haven't started the game, but now I almost don't want to. (my copy finally arrived).

:/
Hey! i agree with most of his complaints. But the game is still a lot of fun. And i pretty much half-expected most of the design choices this game had as soon as it was announced for PSP.

Ikkarus

Now in to March and plodding along at a steady rate.

The magic VC1 had seems to have been lost in VC2. That's not to say I hate VC2 but the characters from VC2 are lacking and haven't clicked with me. The story is just really lacking (at least so far). When you compare what Welkin & co were fighting for compared to Avan then it's in a different league.

The gameplay is brilliant and still has a tactical approach to it but I really dislike how the maps are broken in to smaller segments, it just doesn't feel right and only having 6 squad members on the field at one time is just really restrictive. You could argue it forces you to be more tactical, but in all honesty it just grates on me.

The one last thing that kind of gets to me is how they have hybrid classes now. Scouts in to snipers and engineers going in to medics just doesn't sit well, why not just have them both as individual classes? Have the elite versions just activate when you hit a certain level ala VC1.

They are all minor things that get to me but when you combine them all it leaves a bitter taste for the game. I am having a great time actually fighting but it's just the spark VC1 isn't here, the care for the characters, the reasoning for fighting, they just don't stack up in VC2.

Glad I still have Marina to control and look forward to converting her in to a sniper but I really miss Vyse. :(

duckroll said:
YO!
to pander to the perceived huge PSP audience in Japan who love 100+ hour games with tons of grind and unlockables and tons and tons of "content" which is mostly repetitive filler.

Holy fuck, how long is this game?

duckroll

daoster said:
To be fair, you're not forced to grind for money. I'm in July and I don't even know what to do with all the money I've accumulated.

Nor do you have to grind to make equipment or weapons...only the unique weapons and equipment, which I've barely touched at all.

Grinding for XP...well, I was doing that already in VC1 towards the end, and I haven't done too much

The side quests in this game are basically stories for the side characters. I don't see that big of a difference between grinding for their sidequests in this game and grinding in VC1 to unlock the data entries for those side characters. Maybe in VC1 it wasn't as arbitrary, but still...

Though the class change system is definitely something that needs to be fixed for VC3. Arbitrarily awarding the characters credits (how exactly did my VIP character NOT get Arms X?) is kind of getting annoying.

And of course, I hope to God that VC3 is back on consoles, where it belongs. Glorious HD, huge stages , and...a larger limit than 5 characters on screen at once.

I agree that most of the grinding doesn't actually make a huge drain on the game. I just feel that what they've done with each and every gameplay system in the game is basically add more filler to it, which is what I mean by "grind". It's not so much that it completely ruins the game, but it throws off the pace and focus of the game imo. Like I said, VC1 was a very focused game, there was less quantity, but a lot more quality. My beef here is that in every aspect they have added a lot "more" but the overall usefulness and quality has gone down.

For example, now you have way, way more weapons available to develop, but it doesn't make the game better, it's just more time/resource wasting content. The stats of most of the weapons, including the ones you get plans for, just don't seem totally worthwhile to me. The vehicle customization options are good though, and it seems they really put more thought into that than anything else.

Another example is the missions. There are now way more mandatory missions you have to play, but the only really, really good ones are the story missions, of which there is one a month. That means 1/5 of missions are really worthwhile, and the rest are filler. That really waters down the overall experience.

As far as the sidequests go, I do think that there is a huge difference between how it was done in VC1 and how it is done in VC2. In VC1, you simply had to buy an entry, and it often came with a unique mission complete with story elements. In VC2, instead of buying, you have to actually actively use a character in battles to get more of their story.

This, combined with the class change mechanics, means that sometimes you will deliberately make shitty tactical decisions (using a weaker character you normally wouldn't even if the situation doesn't require it at all, using a character of a class which has no benefit to the mission at all, etc) just to trigger certain things from the game. VC1 never forced or penalized the player for not using a character, because the game was designed around doing what was best for the mission. VC2 on the other hand, is filled with these game-isms which invite the player to do stupid game stuff just to advance certain parts of the game. It's really annoying.

The problem is actually made a lot worse by the fact that there is now yet another support class added (Armored Techs). Classes like Lancers, Engineers, and Armored Techs are such that in a normal battle situation you will almost never have to use them too much. Much of the battle will be fought by Scouts and Shocktroopers. But that doesn't mean units who are used less should be made to feel useless.

The way VC2 is designed, you pretty much tend to want to do dumb shit like deploy these classes even when you don't need to just to get them credits so you can potential upgrade their class in future so they don't lag behind. You might also like a certain character and want to see their backstory, but unfortunately if the character is an Engineer or an Armored Tech, it means you either wait a long time to ever see it, or you literally replay a mission with no intention of playing it "properly" but just using a support character over and over to grind the CP use required to see more of his/her story. That's dumb.

In VC1 I really felt that the entire squad was a character, and the squad grew together. Regardless of who gets used in a mission or who sits on the bench, it's all a team effort. I really loved that. In VC2, it feels like any other SRPG where it's every character for him/herself and the player has to manage them individually. Really disappointing. :/

Giolon

duckroll said:
The problem is actually made a lot worse by the fact that there is now yet another support class added (Armored Techs). Classes like Lancers, Engineers, and Armored Techs are such that in a normal battle situation you will almost never have to use them too much. Much of the battle will be fought by Scouts and Shocktroopers. But that doesn't mean units who are used less should be made to feel useless.

The way VC2 is designed, you pretty much tend to want to do dumb shit like deploy these classes even when you don't need to just to get them credits so you can potential upgrade their class in future so they don't lag behind. You might also like a certain character and want to see their backstory, but unfortunately if the character is an Engineer or an Armored Tech, it means you either wait a long time to ever see it, or you literally replay a mission with no intention of playing it "properly" but just using a support character over and over to grind the CP use required to see more of his/her story. That's dumb.

In VC1 I really felt that the entire squad was a character, and the squad grew together. Regardless of who gets used in a mission or who sits on the bench, it's all a team effort. I really loved that. In VC2, it feels like any other SRPG where it's every character for him/herself and the player has to manage them individually. Really disappointing. :/

These three points really get to the heart of what I had been trying to coalesce into a coherent thought about VC2's gameplay. One the one hand, while upgrading individual characters adds a bit of personalization and depth to choosing your squad members (and is basically an extension of the Potential earning mechanism of the first game), it does force you to make those "stupid" decisions and play less than optimally. Maybe SEGA did that on purpose b/c they realized they needed a way to get people to use something other than just a Scout (instead of figuring out how to make everyone truly useful a majority of the time). A gameism indeed.

My biggest problem with the Armored Tech class is that it is 2/3 carved out of the Engineer - it leaves both classes feeling castrated. The Engineer is now relegated solely to playing healbitch, and the Armored Tech's slowness combined with their weak attack (why do these hammers have a vsArmor rating if you can't damage a radiator by whacking it?) makes them feel impotent.

On the plus side, all base classes still level up universally as they did in the first game. Nobody can ever get really TOO far behind, unless those top tier specialization classes end up being really powerful. I don't have any yet since I'm still in April, but the 1st level specializations haven't made much of a difference.

Giolon

Pureauthor said:
People don't use Armoured Techs? I just walk straight up to the guy and beat them on the head.

The problem? It takes 2-3 swings (i.e. turns) to kill a single unit. Why the hell would I do that when I could run a scout over from 12 miles away, shoot him in the head with 3-4 bullets (1 turn) and move on (or reach out from across the map with a Sniper bullet), saving several CP?

Maybe they get better later, but mine are fully upgraded as much as is possible for April and they're just lackluster.

duckroll

Giolon said:
On the plus side, all base classes still level up universally as they did in the first game. Nobody can ever get really TOO far behind, unless those top tier specialization classes end up being really powerful. I don't have any yet since I'm still in April, but the 1st level specializations haven't made much of a difference.

Yeah, on the plus side no one can get too far behind (I still use basic Scouts more even though Avan is a Scout Vet), but the what I have found so far (in May now) is that it is the alternative sub-classes which few really limiting now. Like, I made Nichol a Sniper, but if I want another Sniper, I will have to further grind and then sacrifice one of my base Scouts instead of making another Scout Vet. Same with Gunner vs Trooper Vet, Lancer vs Mortarer, etc.

I prefered the VC1 system much more where you can simply equip different weapons within that class on individual characters, so it's the weaponry that limits you, not your people. The problem I have with VC2 is that it makes no sense that an individual Lancer unit would somehow "forget" how to use a normal lance after "upgrading" to a Mortar user. Does that make sense to anyone? Why are characters suddenly so much less versatile than they were in VC1 where they could switch roles depending on equipment and depending on mission needs? These are soldiers in training too, in VC1 the soldiers were just militia made up of civilians.

I dunno, maybe it's all because Class G is really the worst class. :(

Hcoregamer00 said:
Very true :lol

When are we going to get the REAL story, the war between the Federation and the Empire? After all, Maximilian is just a minor prince and we really haven't seen the real movers and shakers of these two massive empires and Gallia is a small principality.

:p

I'm hoping that the rumored VC3 will finally cover the greater war in Europa, but what's this horseshit about Lelouch being a minor prince? Didn't you play VC1 with the Japanese voices so you could listen to Lelouch Geassing the shit out of Gallia? :lol

The only Class I have on hand that can (reliably) OHKO units are the Shocktroopers, and they have pretty lousy AP drain. I usually use ATs as the frontline - run up through the interception fire, knock guy(s) on ass, then my others can finish them off.

duckroll

Unknown Soldier said:
I'm hoping that the rumored VC3 will finally cover the greater war in Europa, but what's this horseshit about Lelouch being a minor prince? Didn't you play VC1 with the Japanese voices so you could listen to Lelouch Geassing the shit out of Gallia? :lol

It's true though. Lelouch Maximillian is totally a minor prince. He's a crown prince who got downgraded because his mother was of low birth, so he decided to regain favor by trying to conquer Gallia and use the ancient Valkyrur tech to try and win the war for the Empire. Too bad he sucked, so he failed. :lol

duckroll said:
It's true though. Lelouch Maximillian is totally a minor prince. He's a crown prince who got downgraded because his mother was of low birth, so he decided to regain favor by trying to conquer Gallia and use the ancient Valkyrur tech to try and win the war for the Empire. Too bad he sucked, so he failed. :lol

If only he had Suzaku with him, he would have definitely succeeded! :lol

I think both he and his brother tried to kill each other multiple times too, at least the anime implies that. It's not clear that even if Lelouch had succeeded, his brother would have just stepped aside and let him have the throne. They probably would divided the Empire in a bitter and brutal civil war in the battle to take the throne.

anddo0

Giolon said:
The problem? It takes 2-3 swings (i.e. turns) to kill a single unit. Why the hell would I do that when I could run a scout over from 12 miles away, shoot him in the head with 3-4 bullets (1 turn) and move on (or reach out from across the map with a Sniper bullet), saving several CP?

Maybe they get better later, but mine are fully upgraded as much as is possible for April and they're just lackluster.

You have to turn tech class into Fencer.. Higher level techs can kill scouts/snipers with one swing, fencers can kill just about anyone with one or two swings.

Ikkarus

I have one question.

Do flamethrowers make a return in VC2?
Enemies hiding behind sandbags need to die quicker. :lol

I tend to run them over with the tank whenever I see them or hidding in the grass.

duckroll

Ikkarus said:
I have one question.

Do flamethrowers make a return in VC2?
Enemies hiding behind sandbags need to die quicker. :lol

I tend to run them over with the tank whenever I see them or hidding in the grass.

Yes they do. You can also equip a flamethrower turret on your vehicle in VC2. :)

Ikkarus

duckroll said:
Yes they do. You can also equip a flamethrower turret on your vehicle in VC2. :)
Excellent.

In that case they shall soon taste the flames.

I'm only on March and I think I will give up trying to A Rank all the missions at the moment, otherwise I think I will get bored very quickly as already it feels like a chore which VC1 never did feel like.

From playing both versions of VC I do hope VC3 will go back to console format. I just hope SEGA realise this otherwise I'm not sure I could do another round of high school VC.

From what I've read APC + High Damage units is the best way to snap the game's challenge in half.

Use at your own discretion. :p

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoying the game so far, currently in the month of June, nearly everyone in Class G is on the 2nd tier for their respective classes, bare minimum 2 of each unit type on the 2nd tier.

Breakdown of how I use each type:

Scouts/Scout Vets: I use them as their name implies, to scout ahead and look for enemy units I cant see. They tend to be strong enough to kill any solider in their turn, but it usually has to be headshots. There are some enemy units (usually the ones that have shields), where you really do have to get behind them, or at least to the side, to get a kill. Also used to flush people out and em stand (w/ grenades).

Snipers: I love snipers. I've only had one character miss a shot once. Defense is horrible though, so I tend to make sure that they can hide from enemy view as soon as they finish taking their shots.

Shocktroopers/Shocktrooper Vets: Used as either base defenders, secondary scouts, or used against actual armored soldiers. Range not as good as scouts though. I actually dont use shocktroopers as much as you'd think.

Gunners: Eh. I hardly use this unit type. They fire in a strafe from left to right, so a single target doesnt really get all the hits. 3 to 5 hits tops maybe. Good for crowd control though. Oddly enough, to me, they do seem to cause more damage to armored soldiers more than shocktroopers and scouts.

Lancers/Lancer Vets: Would you believe I use these guys as secondary snipers? Used against tanks, apcs, and turrets, I usually deploy them and have them make a mad rush to behind those enemy types and have them shoot weakpoints. I tend to pair them up w/ Engineers, that way they can do more than 3 shots each phase.

Mortarers: Hardly use these guys either. They're pretty effective though for crowd control, plus you dont really have to be exact w/ your aim.

Engineers/Engineer Vets: I bring them out when the situation calls for it. They're still pretty good against any soldier units too, as long as you use headshots (technically, everyone should be making headshots anyway, but you all probably know that).

Anthem Corps: Not used as much either, although they are actually better attackers than engineers.

Techs/Tech Vets: Mine clearers basically. Not really what I'd consider main attackers, but I tend to use them as shields for my other units when advancing.

Fencers: Good lord, I love these guys more than snipers. I tend to deploy them in areas where there's not a lot of elbow room, or as the single unit on one of the secondary areas (while all the other unts are deployed in another area). They pretty much can hold their own until help actually arrives.​

duckroll said:
VC1 so memorable and great. VC1 had no grinding, no filler, no time wasting. Every mission was a unique story mission, even the ones you bought.

This is how i feel when comparing this game to the first one. Im on my 3rd play through in VC1 and its because of how important each battle is, and how each battle has a plot line tied to it. With the second game ive played probably about 15 missions and only about 4 of them have been story related, and actually meant something to the over arching story. But on the plus side, it makes it more suitable for a handheld console.

Top Bottom