• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VANQUISH |OT| Bullet Ballet performed by the London Awesome orchestra

The Heavy Machine Gun's melee won't overheat if you don't use it on an enemy. It's nice if you want to fly above cover without actually going over it.

Boost kicking walls, obstacles, or cover will still let you activate AR mode in mid-air.
brandonh83 said:
Bayonetta is a tough pill to swallow. I love it personally but apart from the gameplay and soundtrack I can see how it would turn some people away. :lol

I know the counter argument is "but it's a game so the gameplay is all that matters" and I agree which is why I love the game, so lower your weapons. But it is easy to understand why the story, characters, dialogue, and overall stupidity of everything can put a bad taste in someone's mouth.

That shit was hard for even me to take. I let it slide because the gameplay and bosses are just too damned awesome, but still.

Then why do they play games? ZING!

The 20 rotations code is legit.

God Hard conditions are the following:

Don't forget the removed AI limiters.

Beezy

Finally got this after driving to another Kmart about 20 mins from my home that has a huge fucking game section in comparison to the piece of shit in my neighborhood. I wish I knew about it sooner.

.la1n

Amir0x said:
yup

this is my second favorite game of the year so far. i really was getting down on it before release, fucking FLOORING me

amazing bravo Mikami BRAV-FUCKING-O

I had a feeling you would enjoy this. It really is a fantastic game. Definetly my GOTY so far with Lara Croft coming in a close second. This may change based repeat on playthroughs but I doubt it.

Colocho

Banned
I hate that I suck so much at this, I'm about halfway through act 3 and I've died about 15 times already, I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Colocho said:
I hate that I suck so much at this, I'm about halfway through act 3 and I've died about 15 times already, I'm obviously doing something wrong.
Evade has 10 invincibility frames. Take advantage of that.

Do not melee something needlessly.

Avoid overheating.

Fimbulvetr said:
I already said I was mad at myself. :(
:lol

<3

There's an advanced technique I use quite a bit. I like to call it the burst evade. You simply tap the boost button and immediately evade. It covers more distance than a standard evade and doesn't consume the gauge.

Colocho

Banned
Evade has 10 invincibility frames. Take advantage of that.

Do not melee something needlessly.

Avoid overheating.
Yeah, I think overheating is my biggest problem so far and I rarely use melee unless there are only a couple of enemies.

I have a question, when boosting is it correct to also try to use the aim button? it's while I do that that my overheating problems surface.

I really like that this game doesn't fall into the shooter trope of forcing you to use one specific weapon for a certain segment(i.e. oh noes, tanks; good thing we ran into those rocket launchers a few feet back).

With proper use of AR an assault rifle can easily make up for the lack of a sniper rifle.

And going further on the story thing? I can understand people not being into certain styles, like Bayonetta's quirkiness.

But if you're gonna claim it's because you have standards for game stories, at least be consistent and don't use badly written tripe as an example of good stories. None of the seriousness in the world can make up for gaping plotholes, illogical characters, or fuck-stupid dialogue.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hey all you shitty, horrible game journalists that suck shit

5zmqvp.jpg

Animator

I think this is one of my favorite games this gen. It is just so much fucking fun to play and puts a smile on my face everytime I pick up the controller.

I was worried about replay value but after playing an hour I am not worried anymore.

andymcc

Banned
i'm really confused by the reviews for this game. it's astounding that we have gaming journalists, like lard pointed out, that will criticize a pure and focused action game for it's brevity even though it's designed for multiple replays and scoring, yet they'll award high scores to buggy, inconsistent games like Fallout: New Vegas. i guess as long as a game is overstuffed with content, reviewers are appeased.

andymcc

Banned
harriet the spy said:
Such a fucking awesome game! I am not half as crazy as some of you guys are about DMC, but this is so so good. James Franco so good gif right here.

what in the world does DMC have to do with this game?

The director isn't the same, but because a lot of Platinum Games' staff come from Mikami and Kamiya's teams at Capcom, it might be safe to assume that some DMC people were involved with this.

what in the world does DMC have to do with this game?

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
The director isn't the same, but because a lot of Platinum Games' staff come from Mikami and Kamiya's teams at Capcom, it might be safe to assume that some DMC people were involved with this.
Killing with style.

Yea, sorry, this is what i meant. I feel the game has more in common with DMC than Resident Evil. But I am far from a DMC expert (only played the first a long time ago).
Of course the appropriate comparison to DMC would be more Bayonetta, but I still haven't tried that,
and don't know if i ever will

TreIII

Amir0x's quote basically had me laughing with delight. This truly does sound like God Hand all over again. Will pick up tomorrow! :D

Shurs

This game is insane. I just boosted into a mech and destroyed it with a punch. There is so much shit happening on the screen at one time it's almost hard to take it all in.

Tricky I Shadow said:
Gameplay/controls = 100% perfection!

This game is soooooooooo damn good!

I agree that the game is soooooooooo good, but the controls could be a bit better imo. I'm getting mixed up between R1 and square for interactions, and I can't decide if scheme A or B feels more natural.

Shurs said:
This game is insane. I just boosted into a mech and destroyed it with a punch. There is so much shit happening on the screen at one time it's almost hard to take it all in.

Came in to post this. Game is an ADD dream come true.

:Love:

leng jai

Pretty hyped for Vanquish after playing the demo.

Hyped died down significantly during the middle of this thread.

Now the game is out and the impressions are coming hype is in overdrive :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Zeitgeister said:
I guess that's one way to stay consistent. :p

Consistent about what? We're not soldiers in some little fantard army - if a game is good when I was worried it wouldn't be, what investment do I have to pretend I wasn't wrong?

My pessimism stemmed from fears that the game wouldn't have substantial replay value, due to lack of content or unlockables or whatever, but this is a high score gamers delight, a true arcade classic through and through. If you're not playing it over and over you're doing it wrong.

RedSwirl

I'm into Act 3 and I still haven't fully acclimated to the flow of this game. I've died maybe 10 times and haven't gotten any time bonus points. My biggest problem is just getting hit which makes me constantly overheat after the automatic AR. I swear I canceled the auto-AR once but forgot how.

I... hope this... stops soon but he keeps saying out of the way get out of the way out way the get of the out way of the get out of the way and I'm about to break the disc over my knee.

Top Bottom