• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VANQUISH |OT| Bullet Ballet performed by the London Awesome orchestra

DeBurgo said:
Seriously of all the games people unnecessarily ask for PC ports for, this is actually a game I would like to see have a PC port.
Likewise. I would love that, but if keeping this game on consoles means that PG can maximize profit, then so be it. I would hate for them to lose sales because of piracy.

brandonh83 said:
I... hope this... stops soon but he keeps saying out of the way get out of the way out way the get of the out way of the get out of the way and I'm about to break the disc over my knee.

If a soldier is in front of you while you're aiming he says that.

I only got it once so far.

Fimbulvetr said:
If a soldier is in front of you while you're aiming he says that.

I only got it once so far.

I was behind cover firing and it kept happening-- but I'll keep that in mind, maybe I just didn't realize it.

DeBurgo said:
Seriously of all the games people unnecessarily ask for PC ports for, this is actually a game I would like to see have a PC port.

I don't think my brain could comprehend the vast amount of awesome a
good
PC port would contain. This running at 60 fps at HD+ resolutions?

Wow.

Hopefully it will sell well enough to warrant some type of demand in the PC market.

Alucrid

Banned
My friend was poking fun at the story and said the graphics didn't look that great. Then again he thinks Gears of War is the most realistic looking game and says that the UE3 is awesome. So yeah...

Alucrid said:
My friend was poking fun at the story and said the graphics didn't look that great. Then again he thinks Gears of War is the most realistic looking game and says that the UE3 is awesome. So yeah...

if you're ever riding in a car with him and you're the driver, and he tells you it's clear, make sure first.

Finaika

Alucrid said:
He is no longer your friend.

Alucrid said:
Gears of War 2 looks pretty awesome. Vanquish looks good, too.

Alucrid said:

Your "friend" freebases too much heroin.

Spruchy

brandonh83 said:
I... hope this... stops soon but he keeps saying out of the way get out of the way out way the get of the out way of the get out of the way and I'm about to break the disc over my knee.
You suck.

/validating all my prehype

jett

D-Member
Alucrid said:

xbox is awesome awesome is xbox

CaptYamato said:
Trying to get my kid to sleep is a bitch!!!!! I just want to play Vanquish.

Hahahaha! I have a buddy who tries, oh so hard, to get his kids to bed so he can play more Soul Calibur and Metal Gear. I feel for you, man.

FrostuTheNinja said:
Hahahaha! I have a buddy who tries, oh so hard, to get his kids to bed so he can play more Soul Calibur and Metal Gear. I feel for you, man.
Only have him half a week so I try to spend every moment with him. Today was just stressful and I need to relax.

Adam J.

I'm loving the hell out of this game, but I must admit, I thought there would be more awesome boss fights like in the demo. I also thought that it has a pretty weak opening too.

Not really sure how far I am into the game (been playing on and off all day) but during my last session the game hit a stride with it's set pieces that I think rival some of Uncharted 2's.

Beezy

Just finished Act 1 and all I can say is that this game is fucking amazing. I think the lock on laser and the disk launcher kinda suck though. Or maybe I need to power them up? Whatever. All I need is my trusty buddy, shotty.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I can't believe the store I preordered at didn't have it in today. T_T

sonicmj1

This game is absolutely amazing when it all clicks. I'm at Act 2-5, and loving it, even though I just ragequit. Rocking my fully-upgraded AR and ending robot lives all over the place.

I got to the big slope area with falling debris that's been shown in a lot of preview footage, and after finishing everything off, I was mopping up to get upgrades, as I tend to do. Unfortunately, while grabbing a rocket launcher, I got hit by some errant debris and died instantly. What a waste.

Still, I look forward to tackling the same area tomorrow. The game is so fast, and your abilities give you a lot of flexibility in how to tackle any challenge. I hardly use grenades, but besides that it's great taking advantage of boost and ARS mode to turn the tables on your foes.

5 deaths at this point, not counting my last one.

Beezy said:
Just finished Act 1 and all I can say is that this game is fucking amazing. I think the lock on laser and the disk launcher kinda suck though. Or maybe I need to power them up? Whatever. All I need is my trusty buddy, shotty.

Disk launcher gives you melee attacks without depleting your AR meter(it instead depletes ammo).

It can also be used to cut off limbs from certain enemies.

Lock On Laser should just be spammed and then trashed.

Just beat it.

Very surprised to see that Hiroshi Shibata did not work on this game at all.

Things I want in the sequel:

- Less blurry textures.
- Better visuals all around. I know you can do it.
- No frame-rate drops. (They don't happen often, but it does get noticeable in some parts.)
- More post-game content.
- Slightly longer campaign.
- More Sam.
- More Elena.
- More ARS.
- Bring the Terrier back, somehow.
- Bring the female android back, somehow.
- Inverse kinematics. I dislike seeing inconsistent footing when walking up a slope.
- No multiplayer.
- No multiplayer.
- No multiplayer.

Very minor things for me. INCREDIBLE game. I'm going to replay Normal again to get all of the time bonuses and Pangloss statues.

Oh yeah, My completion time was around 5 hours. It's definitely longer than that, though. I took some breaks, but I started playing this around 10 AM (it's 12 AM now, so take away about 2-3 hours from whatever total you get).

EDIT: Also, I didn't die once.

Animator

Those jellyfish robots in the tunnel in act 1 were goddamn amazing. One of the coolest visuals I have seen in a game when they light up.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What the hell, man!?

There's only like 3,000 people on the leaderboards.

AMERICA, I AM DISAPPOINT.

CaptYamato said:
Trying to get my kid to sleep is a bitch!!!!! I just want to play Vanquish.
Haha, know what you're saying here. Those final hours of the day are your only free hours.
And many times young kids (especially at the age of 2-4) can be really demanding when going trough their bed routine.

Still, it's great.

Corto

It's nerve wrecking reading all your comments here and knowing that I still have to wait 2 days for this game! ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH

eso76

Just beat it.

Very surprised to see that Hiroshi Shibata did not work on this game at all.

Things I want in the sequel:

- Less blurry textures.
- Better visuals all around. I know you can do it.

i just played some and think the game looks absolutely beautiful and better than comparable games (on X360 at least, not going to bring Uncharted 2 in here).
The only issue i have is between color scheme and the amount of stuff going on the game looks a little confusing.

ZealousD said:
What the hell, man!?

There's only like 3,000 people on the leaderboards.

AMERICA, I AM DISAPPOINT.

zk315d.jpg

taoofjord

I was unsure about the game after playing the demos. It was fun but I was hoping that the game would have a greater focus on melee and mobility over shooting and cover. Anyway, I bit the bullet because I love platinum and mikami and am really enjoying it so far. I have to say though, playing it on hard is the only way to go with this game. Don't bother with normal guys!

eso76 said:
i just played some and think the game looks absolutely beautiful and better than comparable games (on X360 at least, not going to bring Uncharted 2 in here).
The only issue i have is between color scheme and the amount of stuff going on the game looks a little confusing.
Oh, no doubt. It's a very nice looking game, but I know they can get it looking better.

robor said:
........................................................................O_0.
Yeah, I know! It's not a bad thing, but everything about this game reminds me of his previous work.

Tricky I Shadow said:
What. Wow! That .gif is awesome! :lol

They took out the
"we have 8 hours to stop this from happening" line.
:(

I'm just kidding, it sounded way more legit in the final version. Only got to play for like 20 minutes last night, but it was 20 minutes packed with awesome.

ezekial45 said:
Without spoiling it, how was the
Zero Gravity level?
Short, but I expected that.
You're fighting in a small Stanford torus, so you're able to traverse some curvature. It's kind of neat. I really didn't expect the gameplay mechanics to change at all, and they don't. Shinji Mikami is very consistent when it comes to stuff like that.

Also,
everything about this game screams "TEST", to me. Not a bad thing. I think they just want to see how audiences react.
ENDGAME SPOILER!
A sequel is pretty much guaranteed from the last set of cutscenes. The sequel will be the real thing, I think. Can't wait! But take your time, PlatinumGames. :D

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone bought the Future Press guide?

If so how is it? I see it for 13 on Amazon and wondering if it's worth getting.

Top Bottom