• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

Another video really needs to happen. The AMA will probably take place on reddit, and hopefully it hits the frontpage so that it gets as many eyes as possible. I hope these two don't pull out a Woody Harrelson on us.

So make tons of promises and then under deliver on a massive scale?

Yes, you need to run it like a political campaign. You need to fight, you need to make sure people feel secure, you need to work at it every minute to make sure that it is rock-solid.

I have no idea why people think I meant "Fargo needs to lie his ass off".

Yes, you need to run it like a political campaign. You need to fight, you need to make sure people feel secure, you need to work at it every minute to make sure that it is rock-solid.

I have no idea why people think I meant "Fargo needs to lie his ass off".

Because you used the word "political". :D

painey

Fuck it. In for $50. Really hope it doesn't slip to 2014 past May because I will be leaving the States and won't have paid for International shipping.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I don't give a shit about the digital stuff, I just want a physical box.

Then up it to a thousand bucks! Okay, not that much, but having a bigger budget will help get the game done faster because they hire new people. Just sayin'!

bengraven

wu3IT.png

kase23

In regards to the AMA I'm hoping they do both text & video answers together in the same room just to see the dynamic going

$150 tier.

The Previous Reward plus a Kickstarter backer-only “THERE WOULD BE NO WASTELAND 2 WITHOUT ME” T-SHIRT. The T-shirt will not be available anywhere else. Also comes with one Collector’s Edition copy and a digital copy of Wasteland 2. (Please add $15 for international shipping)

I get it. Wooo. I wish it wasn't so fucking ugly but I'm guessing that's a preview rough

Up your pledges peeps

Static camera in video is Lllaazzy! Get someone with a DSLR and shoot with some DOF! video is kind of boring.

THe NPCs have quirks - not the same through different play experiences so you/I won't have the same ones/experience the same ones.

they might steal from you.

isometric view probably. 2 levels of zoom. 1 for world exploration. closer for combat.

New ranger base; in california. Start; helicopter drops you off in California.

CHRIS AVELLONE's in the video!

Good vid. I like that WL2 takes place closely after the first and that you start off in the old world of WL1, meeting old characters and such. Then, off to California and a new Ranger base which I hope you get to customize (research, libraries, training, defenses) like X-COM, defending against random battles (as a stationary location), so opportunity for tower defense-style trimmings and more variety in missions. Only thing that bothered me was the idea that the ability to switch at will from phased tactical combat to simplified phased-based RPG style. Makes combat as fast and complicated as you want it to be, so it would be a shame to see it go away, but Fargo did acknowledge the tediousness of SRPG/tactical movement-based games being extreme with every single encounter needing micro.

not sure about town building; but I think you venture forward from wherever you start; which will be great. California is also NCR/Fallout territory; so I'm interested to see how they take this; and make it not echo fallout.

Just do a half-sunken California or have the Big One happen as a possible consequence during the game, permanently altering the geography and options.

Also, $2.3 million.

zkylon

zkylewd
The website of that Pasadena Jones company that "produces" these videos is shady as hell, looks like it was made in 96 or something. You can record this stuff with an iPhone camera, for crying out loud, why waste money on this?

Still, putting MCA on the video was good.

Famassu

And they fucking did! All that whining on our (BACKERS!) part finally did something good, yay.
You really think they were just gonna do nothing before the end of their Kickstarter? I guess the whining could've gotten them to include Avellone in the vid, but I doubt the whining alone "made it happen". They were obviously going to have some last day updates.

I got to say, my overall impression of the update was kind of poor.

sloppily thrown together t-shit design - surely you can do better. Hell, I can whip something up in photoshop that will look better than that!

video is cheap looking; I've seen better imovie vids.etc. and the intercuts+logos.. yikes. awfulness. and yeah, he sure loves that fleur-de-lys.

He looks like a acid house DJ from Swansea.

I actually thought.. looked a bit like coldplay lead singer.

btw

Tim Schaeffer tweeted about the latest update and was wishing the WL2 KS well. I think that adds momentum!

DTKT

I got to say, my overall impression of the update was kind of poor.

sloppily thrown together t-shit design - surely you can do better. Hell, I can whip something up in photoshop that will look better than that!

video is cheap looking; I've seen better imovie vids.etc. and the intercuts+logos.. yikes. awfulness. and yeah, he sure loves that fleur-de-lys.

I actually thought.. looked a bit like coldplay lead singer.

btw

Tim Schaeffer tweeted about the latest update and was wishing the WL2 KS well. I think that adds momentum!

They don't have a documentary team with a 100k budget. :|

Corto

Cool informative video. I was hoping for a lengthier and more broaden-theme video about RPG current vs. old school design as a starting point and then touching on the specifics of what can we expect from Wasteland 2. Hope this gets a strong final push for them pledging wise.

Dipswitch

Not the most impressive video, but got the job done - Upgraded my $15 pledge to the $30 tier.

Never played the original, but getting a good vibe from this.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
So Brian finally spilled the beans the game won't cost $15 at release. I hope he doesn't aim for anything over $30. If he does, he must want to stick it to anyone didn't back it. :p Then again, maybe it will be worth $30.

Static camera in video is Lllaazzy! Get someone with a DSLR and shoot with some DOF! video is kind of boring.

The video wasn't anything special, but it served its purpose. Though my eyes couldn't stop wondering off to all those boxes in the background. Descent and Baulders Gate.... Man, that's some PC nostalgia right there...

So Brian finally spilled the beans the game won't cost $15 at release.

None of these games are actually going to cost $10-$15. Think of it as a Donation/Pre-Order Discount.

I hope he doesn't aim for anything over $30. If he does, he must want to stick it to anyone didn't back it.

Nope. Let's please not be elitist over who donated to what Kickstarter project. That's incredibly ridiculous.

Top Bottom