• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

Faddy

Banned
I mean. Define "they". Who are these idiot board members who bought Westworld without the ability to institute even Dominos Pizzeria-caliber oversight and access control.

Well the board made it clear they don't really give two shits about the park so why fight Ford to increase security within the HQ.

The main security seems to be entering and leaving the park. Which makes sense in InfoSec terms since once someone has physical access you are screwed. So they have created some sort of bubble around the park

If you took all of the clumsy writing out of this show it would have to be fully improvised by the actors.

Naw, it isn't all bad. The exchange between Ford and the Man In Black was some of the best I have seen on TV and definitely the best scene on this show.

The way they just chewed the scenery was so good. I rewound that scene and watched it again because of how amazing it was.

Future

Bernardbot is destroying the video footage.

You know what...THAT I could buy. Unless ford lied, he didn't tell Bernard to grab Elise so someone else is obviously pulling the strings. Same someone that overrode Maeve's paranoia settings

If Arnold or whoever was controlling Bernard, then he could be hiding all the evidence, authorizing their movement across the facility, and FINALLY that shit would make a little more sense

Gorillaz

Just got fully caught up after binge watching everything.

Great show with some worries here and there on how they tie up some of these stories. Especially Maeve's. Like she has become something of an anomally and I don't know how that could even tie into anything else at this point unless the board uses her as some sort of leverage against Ford.

McPolyle took a long ass time to get use to in this. Was wondering if warm milk would be used as a weapon at one point.

royalan

I'm pretty sure they're stored in that room so we can have a robot uprising scene.

LOL

The second we saw that room in the first episode I thought to myself "Yep, this is where it happens."

And, I mean, they're giving Dolores' dad, the host who caught a case of whatever Maeve has and has vowed revenge, ALL of Delos' data. I mean...lol. The apocalypse never had it so easy.

My heart goes out to the poor shmuck who's doing a routine service check that day.

Matty77

don't worry i never read posts i just post and then look for the green.

i love the music (from the player piano).

https://youtu.be/9GH2uXeI_t0
Music is some of the best part of the show. The opening theme is GOAT worthy, and I like most of the piano covers, especially Something I can never have and Fake plastic trees. Don't think your far enough to have heard those yet but keep your ears open.

Edit:seems like you got a lot farther since the post I quoted.

duckroll

itshappening.gif

1CtNW1b.jpg

Matty77

please explain.....or are we referring to the obvious dual timelines here?
Yeah, it's about the time thing and the book was brought up earlier in the thread because it's also Crichton. Even this thread is on a loop.

And I personally do not use the term timeline when discussing the theory I feel timeframe is more appropriate. If true it's still one timeline just different points.

Multiple timelines would mean more than one series of events happening parallel, I wonder if the terminology leads to confusion for some that don't get the theory.

itshappening.gif

Definitely his best later work, but I don't see how it relates to Westworld besides dealing with time, since in Timeline
the different "times" are technically alternate but identical universes that the protagonists travel to, and only create stable time loops that apply across these universes
, while Westworld is just flashbacks, but the androids interpret them as realistically as they would reality because, to them, time's relative due to how their memories work.

Vazduh

LOL

The second we saw that room in the first episode I thought to myself "Yep, this is where it happens."

And, I mean, they're giving Dolores' dad, the host who caught a case of whatever Maeve has and has vowed revenge, ALL of Delos' data. I mean...lol. The apocalypse never had it so easy.

My heart goes out to the poor shmuck who's doing a routine service check that day.

giphy.gif

I almost laughed out loud when they picked out HIM among all the other hosts.

jblank83

Suspension of disbelief is one thing but the plot conveniences that enable the
Maeve
storyline are just too much.

It's really irritating how implausible/convenient/just plain dumb everything about her is and I find myself hoping to see
Maeve deleted/reformatted/killed
despite her being what I assume is a hero/protagonist.

Anyway, looking forward to the next episode to find out what happens. So I guess it's a successful storyline at least in that regard.

Zoe

Marathoned this last night thanks to a free preview weekend. Gonna have to find a way to watch the finale next week...

One question though: if there are hosts old enough to have been around during the beta (specifically Dolores and Maeve), when was the switch over to 3D printing from robotics? Maeve is completely organic, and I'm assuming the same for Dolores.

As contrived as it was, I'm super pumped about Dolores' dad coming back to tear shit up.

They even said that he used to be a cannibal cult leader up in the mountains before getting paired up with Dolores. It would be a shame if that doesn't come into play at some point.

Gorillaz

yea like that took me a good 20 mins to deassociate him from sunny in philly. It's still hard to look at that dude and not think he is coming up with a scenerio to fuck over charlie right now

but he does "fit" in well with the series right now

Marathoned this last night thanks to a free preview weekend. Gonna have to find a way to watch the finale next week...

One question though: if there are hosts old enough to have been around during the beta (specifically Dolores and Maeve), when was the switch over to 3D printing from robotics? Maeve is completely organic, and I'm assuming the same for Dolores.

They didn't say. But I assume some of the old models would have been upgraded to the 3d bio printing at some stage during the last 30+ years.

Except maybe old bill.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Has the episode leaked? The are already ratings up for the episode on IMDb. I'm on my phone so I can't check.

It doesn't mean anything. IMDb allows you to rate something on the day of release, sometimes even earlier. People consistently rate shows and movies before their wide release. Tonight's episode of The Walking Dead already has ratings, for example.

It's pretty typical of genre stuff, sci-fi shows and movies especially. The same thing can be done for dramas and comedies, but you usually don't see that unless it's a big franchise film and rarely at all for tv.

It doesn't mean anything. IMDb allows you to rate something on the day of release, sometimes even earlier. People consistently rate shows and movies before their wide release. Tonight's episode of The Walking Dead already has ratings, for example.

It's pretty typical of genre stuff, sci-fi shows and movies especially. The same thing can be done for dramas and comedies, but you usually don't see that unless it's a big franchise film and rarely at all for tv.
What kind of life are these people leading that they wake up every morning and review tv shows that haven't aired yet?

Ledsen

Well this show sure took a nosedive in writing quality pretty fast. Maeve is as bad as everyone says and the dialogue when MiB was tied up was cringeworthy. It's getting really hard to keep up any suspension of disbelief. I'm a bit sad that I just finished watching Rectify because this show only seems worse in comparison to one of the best TV shows ever.

Phreaker

I keep thinking Sidse Babett Knudsen is Lorraine Bracco. I binged the first 8 episodes this weekend, and read the last few pages. Ready for tonight.

Top Bottom