• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm a little bummed my GameStop isn't doing a midnight launch. What's up with that? This is a new goddamn console!

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Did they explain why they don't want to sell standalone GamePads?

I think they're doing it to stop casuals attempting to buy one, only to end up disappointed that it doesn't work with their Wii.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
You guys joke, but I guarantee there will be a few kids receiving Wii U games for their Wii this Christmas.

After seeing the Amazon.com Professor Layton Miracle Mask comments, where people are actually trying to saw off the tab on the 3DS cartridges in order to get it to work on the DS, nothing can surprise me.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
Already got AC3 in. Epic Mickey 2 will be in next week. Picking up Mario Sunday. Will probably grab a pro controller or an extra Wii Motion plus remote.

Have at least 2 games coming from PR. Oh and Sonic should be in from Gamefly Friday.

Erethian

Got a news feed in the elevators at my work, and one of the articles that popped up was about the growing buzz for the Wii U launch. Which I didn't expect to see.

olimpia84

I'll get one at midnight. The one thing that worries me is Newegg's shipping date for the games I preordered. Hopefully they ship them tomorrow or Friday...I really don't want to wait almost a full week to get them =/

ToD_

This question has probably been answered somewhere already, but is Super Mario Bros Wii U going to be available on the eshop at launch? I prefer to have it digital, as I can see it being a game I come back to often if my lazy ass doesn't have to switch media.

Mine is all paid for except for a penny (lol Walmart).

Got NSMBU, Scribblenauts, ZombiU, Rayman and a Black pro controller, each with 12 dollars off cause Newegg is great.

I'm kinda wishing I got Warriors Orochi now though. Maybe I can hit Toys R Us and get that and Darksiders with that 40% off WiiU deal.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

Got NSMBU, Scribblenauts, ZombiU, Rayman and a Black pro controller, each with 12 dollars off cause Newegg is great.

I'm kinda wishing I got Warriors Orochi now though. Maybe I can hit Toys R Us and get that and Darksiders with that 40% off WiiU deal.

Wait. What TRU deal?

This question has probably been answered somewhere already, but is Super Mario Bros Wii U going to be available on the eshop at launch? I prefer to have it digital, as I can see it being a game I come back to often if my lazy ass doesn't have to switch media.

yes I am betting on first party games to be on the eShop if not all of them

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Wait. What TRU deal?

Buy 1 $59.99 game get $10 off, but 2 $59.99 games get $30 off, buy 1 $49.99 or lower game get the next for 40% off. Ends on 11/17.

I bought AC 3 WiiU and Scribblenauts Unlimited for $90 (plus tax) yesterday.

Edit: Oh he was referring to the Black Friday deal that brochiller just posted about. There is a similar deal going on during launch at Target, buy 2 get one 50% off on all WiiU games.

Effect

Didn't see it in the opening post but did Nintendo say what games will be available on the eShop on the NA launch day? I think Trine 2 and Nano Assault but anything else action based?

Hmm. Maybe I'll make that my purchase on Sunday instead of another retail game. Or just go on a demo download frenzy.

kms_md

I just did the same thing! Apparently they have them at the Wal Mart right now and the two girls in layaway almost convinced themselves it would be OK to give me mine now.

They did state that they received enough stock to cover the "preorders" and that they were set aside with customers' names attached to them

Lyonaz

I can't believe we Europeans still need to wait 2 more weeks. :(
I'll get the ZombiiU pack with NSMBU. I also got a shitload of Wii games backlog, so that will do until The Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter and Bayonetta 2

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I just did the same thing! Apparently they have them at the Wal Mart right now and the two girls in layaway almost convinced themselves it would be OK to give me mine now.

They did state that they received enough stock to cover the "preorders" and that they were set aside with customers' names attached to them

ohhhh man. you should have coaxed them into letting you take it. then you could beat us all to the punch (including press) in revealing menus/settings/etc.

Damn street dates. I was seriously considering going to see if I could get mine early. Oh well. I don't have a TV yet to play it on anyway... Yet. Bonus money is begging to be spent, and there's gonna be some deals on Black Friday.

I'm going to need to take a vacation to just dive into this thing.

Looks like Best Buy and GameStop aren't doing midnight launches from what I've seen and heard. Any other stores doing midnight launches possibly?

Also, Best Buy should be getting in their shipments. Those with online pick-up orders and pre-orders at the store will have their Basic or Deluxe set put aside, so no worries there. They said they're also expecting to sell more for walk-ins.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
My EB Games (Canadian GameStop) is doing a midnight launch at Metrotown. Lucky me.

Kyon

Banned
Looks like Best Buy and GameStop aren't doing midnight launches from what I've seen and heard. Any other stores doing midnight launches possibly?

Also, Best Buy should be getting in their shipments. Those with online pick-up orders and pre-orders at the store will have their Basic or Deluxe set put aside, so no worries there. They said they're also expecting to sell more for walk-ins.

Walmart is(for those of us that did layaway )

Jarsonot

I feel bad for non-U.S. folk. I just found out my GameStop is neither doing a midnight launch nor opening early on Sunday, making my wait longer. Wouldn't wanna sit around for another 2 weeks or so.

It may make economic sense for GameStop I do this... Maybe. They have lost my future business though. I don't see the point of supporting a gaming store that clearly isn't too concerned about its gamer customers. Best Buy is runner up, so they get my money until they screw it up too. =)

Anyway, Sunday @ 11. Looking forward to it!

Has this been posted? The GamePad distance test by gamexplain?

http://youtu.be/gXJew8JXjYg

Looks like I should be able to play from my bathroom! Now if I will is another matter...

Strange. I should be able to use it anywhere in my small apartment... I think. He seemed to have a bit of trouble in the bathroom which was only really one wall away. Meanwhile he could get it working a floor below.

Soul_Pie

Anyone else quite looking forward to Nintendo land?

Things that struck me:

Some pretty cool mini games with some innovative ideas
It looks like it will be a great party game
It actually looks surprisingly nice graphically

Can't wait. My bros and I are splitting this one.

Anyone else quite looking forward to Nintendo land?

Things that struck me:

Some pretty cool mini games with some innovative ideas
It looks like it will be a great party game
It actually looks surprisingly nice graphically

Can't wait. My bros and I are splitting this one.

I'll probably try it out and see if I like it. If not, I'll trade it in for another Wii U game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom