• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I can't believe we Europeans still need to wait 2 more weeks. :(
I'll get the ZombiiU pack with NSMBU. I also got a shitload of Wii games backlog, so that will do until The Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter and Bayonetta 2

Do you have a Wii? Because from nthe sounds of it you might as well just play them on that. No installing Wii games to HDD, no olaying on the gamepad, need to use a wiimote. So it'll almost be more awkward to play a Wii game on the wiiU than on a Wii.

(Assuming you need the gamepad at startup)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do you really know the answer or are you just screwin' around? A few of us actually need to know this. The PS3 is capable of this as evidenced by the video I linked. Would be a shame if the Wii U isn't.

EDIT: Screw it, I went ahead and bought the parts required anyway. Worst case, I can use them with my PS3.
HDMI (female) to DVI (female)
Dual RCA Audio (female) to 3.5mm Stereo TRS (female)

Not bad for 8 bucks...way cheaper than shelling out for a new TV.

I think the PS3 didn't launch like that, it added simultaneous audio in a later software update.

RkOwnage

Don't worry, Nintendo will compress the images massively to help you save space. Aren't they kind?

I don't even have 2TB storage on my PC. I have a ton of steam games downloaded - probably more then I'd ever buy during the lifetime of a console - and that's less than 200GB

Yeah that's how I decided to only buy a 320-500gb Hdd for my WiiU. The steam holiday sale breaks my wallet and I have yet to download 250gb of games. I bought a lot too...

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I'm a bit worried about Zombie U. There was a strong amount of buzz up until a couple weeks ago, and it's web presence completely vanished leading up to launch. I get the feeling its because the game is really rough and reviews are going to be brutal, thus embargoes.

I'm a bit worried about Zombie U. There was a strong amount of buzz up until a couple weeks ago, and it's web presence completely vanished leading up to launch. I get the feeling its because the game is really rough and reviews are going to be brutal, thus embargoes.

I think it has more to do with them not being able to say much about review play time due to embargoes, there have been some very positive impressions so far.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44137166&postcount=193

AzaK

I might possibly end up having 3 for the same purposes

I am starting to put all my emails together so I can have more than one account saved up

one will be private with others I can share so a GAF Friends one would be good to have

Wouldn't this just make life a big pain in the arse? You'd have to switch accounts all the time to check messages or play games with various sets of people. Saves would be different for each account and all that jazz.

Wouldn't this just make life a big pain in the arse? You'd have to switch accounts all the time to check messages or play games with various sets of people. Saves would be different for each account and all that jazz.

this is true but if saves work like you are saying there are plenty benefits to an extra saves in RPGs/MMOs. I still need a few accounts, like I said one is my private account it would get the most use but if someone comes over I have a guest account they can fool around with and my RPG saves are safe. And maybe an ID I just want to secure for future use. It is good to have choices.

hiryu64

I think the PS3 didn't launch like that, it added simultaneous audio in a later software update.

Yeah, you're right. So you're saying that it's pretty much anyone's guess at this point...Considering Nintendo's ability to screw stuff like this up, I'm not feeling too confident now. :(

AzaK

this is true but if saves work like you are saying there are plenty benefits to an extra saves in RPGs/MMOs. I still need a few accounts, like I said one is my private account it would get the most use but if someone comes over I have a guest account they can fool around with and my RPG saves are safe. And maybe an ID I just want to secure for future use. It is good to have choices.

Fair enough on the guest accounts etc. I was more talking about having say real friends on one, then NeoGAF friends on the other; that would be tiresome.

Gonna test and see if I can pick up the system at Wal-Mart/Meijer at 4am early Sunday morning

Won't buy it, but just gonna see if the stores will have enough units

Shuken

Neo Member
I was reading the official brochure on the nintendo italy site, and it reads: "ALMOST all of the wii title are playable on wii U", so does that means that some games will not?

Also there's a list of wii accessories compatible with wii u (some of them i think wasn't confirmed):

Wii remote Plus
Nunchuk
Wii Sensor Bar
Wii Balance Board
WII SPEAK c.c
Wii Wheel & Wii Zapper (lol)
Wii Classic Controller Pro

A note also read that some software & accessories would not be compatible.

http://cdn01.nintendo-europe.com/media/downloads/news_7/2012_1/BrochureWiiU_altaqualita.pdf

Phazon

Has Nintendo said anything about what you guys in the US can expect on the eShop.

Will there be demo's day one, will there be digital games this sunday?

I was reading the official brochure on the nintendo italy site, and it reads: "ALMOST all of the wii title are playable on wii U", so does that means that some games will not?

Also there's a list of wii accessories compatible with wii u (some of them i think wasn't confirmed):

Wii remote Plus
Nunchuk
Wii Sensor Bar
Wii Balance Board
WII SPEAK c.c
Wii Wheel & Wii Zapper (lol)
Wii Classic Controller Pro

A note also read that some software & accessories would not be compatible.

http://cdn01.nintendo-europe.com/media/downloads/news_7/2012_1/BrochureWiiU_altaqualita.pdf

games that use dance mats won't work, as I believe those plugged in via the gamecube ports. it's probably a CYA as much as anything else. they likely couldn't test every single game, even though most everything will work.

Britprog

Londoners You can checkout Wii U at Westfield Statford City for today until Sunday, I'm finishing work early today to check it out..
My body is ready

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I just got an email from Satoru Iwata. He apologised and said the Wii U has been cancelled, and that I am to pas on the message to NeoGAF.

I am sorry.

pestul

Bestbuy.ca just charged my CC for the WiiU.. so excited now. :D

For the record, I didn't get any previous holds or charges.

Roo

lol cancelled. But seriously, is this thing selling out or what?

Apparently it is
and to our surprise, the Deluxe Set is the best selling from the two SKUs everywhere

- Oh My God! $350! Nintendo you're fucking crazy if you think anyone will buy a Wii U at that Price!!!!
- lol Nintendo is doomed!
- lmao that $350 price
- $250 or burn
- That fingerprint magnet :C - etc, etc

MeanwhileAtNintendo.gif

Hopefully they will release a white deluxe set in the future

ozfunghi

In the OP, it says the ZombiUpack = premium pack but with ZombiU instead of Nintendoland...

This isn't true, right? There's the extra classic controller, right? RIGHT? RIIIGHT?

Also, is this pack not available in the US? (or i read over it in the OP)

I got my ZombiUpack reserved at 364 euro's. It was the best i could find without starting to import from neighboring contries (and pay for transportation, hence lose any profit i would make).

2 Weeks more for Australia :(

Are we totally not going to have any Wii U specific Virtual Console titles day 1? It's a pretty important feature to me (to be able to play VC titles on the Game Pad), but I'm assuming they will treat the Wii U virtual console like the 3DS' '3D Classics' line (probably more frequent releases), and continue to release stuff on Wii mode virtual console. I know it sounds stupid, but I can see it happening.

Woffls

I've got pre-orders down with ShopTo and Zavvi at £325 and £299 respectively for the ZombiU bundle, but I don't know which one to cancel, if any. Zavvi is £25 cheaper but will arrive like 5 days late - ShopTo pre-order will arrive on a Friday, meaning an awesome weekend of games at an expense :(

Wait, does ZombiU bundle have two Pro controllers? Surely not :\

MarkusRJR

So here I am pumped for the Wii U launch and have a bunch of money saved up for games when...

My aunt finds a brand new (sealed in box) platinum GameCube with Paper Mario: TTYD at a garage sale for $20 and gives it to me as a late birthday gift. Holy shit. I'll never have time for Wii U now. Time to rekindle my love for the GameCube. I guess I'll be spending the $400 I had saved up for Wii U games and buy GC games instead. Sorry third party developers.

*opens box*

Oh god this thing is the best designed game console ever conceived. <3

So here I am pumped for the Wii U launch and have a bunch of money saved up for games when...

My aunt finds a brand new (sealed in box) platinum GameCube with Paper Mario: TTYD at a garage sale for $20 and gives it to me as a late birthday gift. Holy shit. I'll never have time for Wii U now. Time to rekindle my love for the GameCube. I guess I'll be spending the $400 I had saved up for Wii U games and buy GC games instead. Sorry third party developers.

*opens box*

Oh god this thing is the best designed game console ever conceived. <3

not Spice Orange and No Pics :|

FAIL!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm hoping the fact Sainsbury's took the buttons to preorder away at different times is an indication they are aware of their stock levels, especially as they required me to reorder mine in order to fix a problem with my order and thus pushing me back in the queue.

I also hope they fulfil all the online orders before they allocate the stock to their stores.

MarkusRJR

Do we have a solid release date for Pikmin 3? I remember it's 2013 but is there a release date yet?

not Spice Orange and No Pics :|

FAIL!
I just got it 15 minutes ago so I haven't had time to upload pictures yet. Oh and she also bought 2 new in box Nintendo-branded GC controllers (they go for $130 each online). Apparently the people sold them to her for $10. Those people got ripped off hardcore. Time to buy copies of Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 1/2, Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, and Smash Bros Melee. Anything else I'm missing on my must have list?

And I kinda wish it was Spice Orange. Such a good color. Platinum is still really slick though,

jarosh

I haven't been following any of this. Do we know if the HDMI out can be used simultaneously with the audio out from the AV multi out? I only need stereo.

Nibel

Great OT, Rösti :)
But cut out the drop shadows from the basic/deluxe pack set images you lazy birdy

And wow at that Wario jab :/
I love you but that was just mean

Amagon

Great thread, and those that pick up the Wii-U, have fun with it. I'm not compel to buy one at this time but will once I've seen better software titles to my liking come out or Bayonetta 2. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom