• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone get any notifications from Best Buy yet? My Deluxe is still at "Payment Validated" and has pickup on the 18th.

So I'm going all-in on this one.

Wii U Deluxe Console
Two Wii U Pro Controllers
Four Wii MotionPlus Remotes
Four Wii Nun-chucks
Equivalent of $100 Wii U Shop points
1TB External Drive

NSMBU
ZombieU
AC3
BLOPS2
Sonic & Sega Racing
Darksiders 2
Batman: AC H.E.
Mass Effect 3
Epic Mickey 2
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Rabbids Land

Yep. Paying cash, too. I've been putting away for this since February.

Medalion

Banned
Motherfucker

I just got a call on my phone from EB Games, they called to let us know they are cancelling the Midnight launch and will be open at the usual time of 10am on Sunday

:(

Drago

I'm gonna go in to GS tomorrow and trade in an old Wiimote I have no use for, an OG DS (I have two), 7 or so DS shovelware games, and a few more Xbox 360 and Wii games I don't play anymore. I hope to get enough credit to get me a Pro controller and a GamePad stand/charging cradle set. I'll save ZombiU and others for a later date.

antonz

So, something weird is going on. Walmart just shipped my Assassin's Creed III. But not my Wii U Deluxe.

But...Uhh...They didn't charge my card for either.

I am confused as fuck.

Assassins Creed 3 actually had a street date of Tuesday so Walmart is late in shipping it to you lol

Lucent

You guys talk'n about fingerprints on the black wii u- =(

I pre-ordered the Deluxe and I know my black Wii is like forever fingerprinted. A friend suggested some kind of spray that's great for plastics but I don't remember what it's called so I haven't tried it yet. I really wish they'd use matte black instead of glossy.

Exeunt

My credit card was just charged for my Futureshop Wii U order so hopefully that means I will be getting one on Monday or Tuesday. I'm pretty excited, though I won't have too much time to play it with exams fast approaching; New Super Mario Bros. Wii U is going to be my launch game for the system. I would love to play Batman but I don't really want to pay more than $30 for a game that's been out for over a year on other systems and has seen multiple price drops during that time.

Effect

As long as my NewEgg games ship tomorrow and get here on Monday, then I will be fine with that.

I'm saving a total of $30 from them on two launch games. You just can't beat that!

True I'm going to hold out. $30 off my two games is something I don't want to miss.

There are still eShop games that can be bought that first day and Nintendo Land. Just wish we knew what was going to be purchasable. Want to play Trine 2.

See, the weird thing is, AC3 reviewed pretty decently and everyone's bitching about it, as expected...but Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified is reviewing horribly and the OT is full of positivism!

I am also kinda Worried about this AC3 being my first go at the AC series and hearing the negatives. I want to wait and hear about any issues the Wii U port may have same goes for COD on Wii U

Got to hand it to Vita fans they are a happy bunch considering what a sweet hardware they own but how it is being treated allow them their joys.

Wii U Deluxe Console
Four Wii Nun-chucks
1TB External Drive

NSMBU
ZombieU
AC3
BLOPS2
Sonic & Sega Racing
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Epic Mickey 2
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Rabbids Land

Why but all those games at once?

You'll never be able to play them all before they drop in price.

zroid

Banned
I'm saving a total of $30 from them on two launch games. You just can't beat that!

Well.

Maybe you can't. :D

jUKsoEOe1Uxft.png

I wish Pikmin 3 really were coming out on 12/31

kunonabi

Wii U Deluxe Console
Four Wii Nun-chucks
1TB External Drive

NSMBU
ZombieU
AC3
BLOPS2
Sonic & Sega Racing
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Epic Mickey 2
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Rabbids Land

Man I'm so lucky that I was a huge Wii fan and already have all the wiimotes and nunchuks I'll ever need.

just saw some Tekken tag tournament 2 vids and wow the inclusion of those nintendo costumes and modes look awesome, haha hilarious too, star fox and captain falcon D: :O :D

will get it sometime down the line though, i need dat king, is it gonna have online mode?

Why but all those games at once?

You'll never be able to play them all before they drop in price.

It absolutely isn't about being able to play them all at once. I'm voting with my wallet, showing Nintendo and 3rd party publishers that I support third party games on a Nintendo system. Also, I want all these games. And how do you know I won't have the time to play these games, anyway?

Effect

Wii U Deluxe Console
Four Wii Nun-chucks
1TB External Drive

NSMBU
ZombieU
AC3
BLOPS2
Sonic & Sega Racing
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Epic Mickey 2
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Rabbids Land

That's a lot of money. I would really suggest not buying all those games at once. Many of them are going to drop in price in the next few months or even weeks without a doubt. Two Pro controllers seems like a waste. There is no game out that seems to use two. Mutliple Wii remotes yes but not two pro controllers. Need all those controllers right away? They're always in stock and can be gotten whenever you need one.

We also don't know what eShop games will be there either. Your money in the end but it does seem like a waste to drop so much right away when you can save a LOT of money by spacing out the purchases.

It absolutely isn't about being able to play them all at once. I'm voting with my wallet, showing Nintendo and 3rd party publishers that I support third party games on a Nintendo system. Also, I want all these games. And how do you know I won't have the time to play these games, anyway?

Please oh please don't walk down that path. Please don't. That road is just going to end with you out a LOT of money. It's not up to you to do that but them to try and get people interested in their products. Don't worry about their bottom line or how much games sell.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
True I'm going to hold out. $30 off my two games is something I don't want to miss.

There are still eShop games that can be bought that first day and Nintendo Land. Just wish we knew what was going to be purchasable. Want to play Trine 2.

I know what you're feeling, you want those games asap. If you have extra money, what you can do is keep your newegg order, buy the game you ordered at a store, the. Return the one you get from newegg. Otherwise, I think you should relax a little :p, the money you're going to save is just more wii u money! Newegg will most likely ship either friday or early monday. My copy of kirby was shioped out the friday prior.

I'm gonna go in to GS tomorrow and trade in an old Wiimote I have no use for, an OG DS (I have two), 7 or so DS shovelware games, and a few more Xbox 360 and Wii games I don't play anymore. I hope to get enough credit to get me a Pro controller and a GamePad stand/charging cradle set. I'll save ZombiU and others for a later date.

Wii motes have terrible trade in value, I got $4 when i traded mine in a few months ago, and that was with a trade in bonus. Og DS probably have some terrible trade in values these days, i'd reccomend throwing them up on ebay if you have the know how.

Drago

Wii motes have terrible trade in value, I got $4 when i traded mine in a few months ago, and that was with a trade in bonus. Og DS probably have some terrible trade in values these days, i'd reccomend throwing them up on ebay if you have the know how.

Golly, $4 is a LOT lower than I expected, lol. I'll still go to trade in the games (7 games nets you an extra 30% credit which is really nice) and I'll probably decide on what I do with the DS when I'm at the store. Thanks for the heads up about the remote.

Mudron

So, something weird is going on. Walmart just shipped my Assassin's Creed III. But not my Wii U Deluxe.

But...Uhh...They didn't charge my card for either.

I am confused as fuck.

The same thing just happened to me and Super Mario Wii. Either the temp-charge Walmart levies against my credit card when I made the order was the actual charge for the whole bundle, or they won't be charging our cards until the whole bundle is in the mail.

Oersted

I can't reveal the name, but a branded "next gen" game that some people thought couldn't run on Wii U seems to be in development for the system :p

Even if downscaling the engine may be employed, it shouldn't be to a point the developers behind wouldn't recognize what they envisioned for their game visually.

So it's a really promising news about the viability, the future proof aspect, of the system (along with other data we got like Shin'en comments on their NotEnoughShaders interview).

HYPE BEFORE LAUNCH GUYS ! :D

From our french leaker. I wonder which game...^^

When I ordered the Rayman Legends from Newegg with the $12 coupon, the listed price was $49.99, so the game total was $37.99. This was during the first day Wii U games appeared on their site.

But since then, the game's price hit the $59.99 mark. Does anyone know how good Newegg is with promising the prices you order something with, or are they going to force the extra $10 onto me? Will they still honor the $37.99 price I preordered with?

That's a lot of money. I would really suggest not buying all those games at once. Many of them are going to drop in price in the next few months or even weeks without a doubt. Two Pro controllers seems like a waste. There is no game out that seems to use two. Mutliple Wii remotes yes but not two pro controllers. Need all those controllers right away? They're always in stock and can be gotten whenever you need one.

We also don't know what eShop games will be there either. Your money in the end but it does seem like a waste to drop so much right away when you can save a LOT of money by spacing out the purchases.

It's not a waste of money. I've been saving this cash for the better part of a year. I'm getting products I want for it. A waste would be if I were to pay the money and not get anything . . .

You might have me with the 2nd pro controller though. I think you've convinced me not to get a second one. And damn, I wish I didn't need four Wii Remotes & Nun-chucks but I just do. Plan on hosting lots of Wii U parties going forward.

I don't know. Perhaps I don't go this crazy in the end.

The same thing just happened to me and Super Mario Wii. Either the temp-charge Walmart levies against my credit card when I made the order was the actual charge for the whole bundle, or they won't be charging our cards until the whole bundle is in the mail.

They temp charged my card when I preordered it, but having done anything with it since.

When did you preorder your's? Did you preorder that $449 bundle that came with the Deluxe, a game, and that third party Pro Controller?

Drago

When I ordered the Rayman Legends from Newegg with the $12 coupon, the listed price was $49.99, so the game total was $37.99. This was during the first day Wii U games appeared on their site.

But since then, the game's price hit the $59.99 mark. Does anyone know how good Newegg is with promising the prices you order something with, or are they going to force the extra $10 onto me? Will they still honor the $37.99 price I preordered with?

I used a $10 code on both Rayman and Scribblenauts, and I'm getting both for $20 off.

So, if they ship Scribblenauts tomorrow, we shall see if they honor the preordered price or not. I don't see why they wouldn't...

It's not a waste of money. I've been saving this cash for the better part of a year. I'm getting products I want for it. A waste would be if I were to pay the money and not get anything . . .

You might have me with the 2nd pro controller though. I think you've convinced me not to get a second one. And damn, I wish I didn't need four Wii Remotes & Nun-chucks but I just do. Plan on hosting lots of Wii U parties going forward.

I don't know. Perhaps I don't go this crazy in the end.

Why would you buy that many games at once when you can play only one game at a time and games like batman and mass effect are 20+ hours each. By the time you even get around to playing some of those games they'll be cheaper

Mudron

They temp charged my card when I preordered it, but having done anything with it since.

When did you preorder your's? Did you preorder that $449 bundle that came with the Deluxe, a game, and that third party Pro Controller?

Yep, I ordered that bundle (complete with dodgy, third-party Pro Controller that looks like a SNES controller) on....October 25th.

It sounds like the third-party Pro Controller portion of a lot of peoples' orders (including mine) have been delayed until mid-to-late December, so who knows if we'll be charged for the full order when the consoles ship or when our orders are completed in, like, a freakin' month.

I think Metroid Blast is the only game that needs them. One for each player up to 4.

Thanks. Maybe I can do bulk buy on ebay to save cash. I've already invested enough money into this launch. Currently I have these preordered:

Basic 8gb
Ass Creed 3
Batman AC AA
COD: BLOPS2
NSMBU
Nintendoland
Sonic ASRT
ZombiU

By far my most invested launch yet.

Jetku

Thanks. Maybe I can do bulk buy on ebay to save cash. I've already invested enough money into this launch. Currently I have these preordered:

Basic 8gb
Ass Creed 3
Batman AC AA
COD: BLOPS2
NSMBU
Nintendoland
Sonic ASRT
ZombiU

By far my most invested launch yet.

If you are trying to save money, why wouldn't you buy the deluxe? It's just a color...

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Anyone get any notifications from Best Buy yet? My Deluxe is still at "Payment Validated" and has pickup on the 18th.

You should get an email on Sunday morning that your order is ready to be picked up. Maybe you'll get something on Saturday night but not sure.

Yep, I ordered that bundle (complete with dodgy, third-party Pro Controller that looks like a SNES controller) on....October 25th.

It sounds like the third-party Pro Controller portion of a lot of peoples' orders (including mine) have been delayed until mid-to-late December, so who knows if we'll be charged for the full order when the consoles ship or when our orders are completed in, like, a freakin' month.

I ordered the exact same day and my Pro Controller was delayed as well (not a big deal for me).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is having this weirdness with Walmart, hahaha. I've been worried I might not get a console at all because they haven't even charged me yet, but knowing that other people haven't been charged for the same bundle makes me slightly less nervous.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
wait what is this talk about not being able to use more than one pro controller? how else are you going to play tekken?

I think it supports wii remote accessories. Arcade sticks, classic controllers.

If what you're saying is true though, that's crazy.

You can also use the gamepad I'm sure.

Eusis

wait what is this talk about not being able to use more than one pro controller? how else are you going to play tekken?
Must be bullshit, or a change that happened at the last minute, because unlike the Wii U Game Pad they clearly showed 4 lights similar to the Wii Remote on the bottom (or was it top?) of the pro controller at E3. If they had it working fine then there'd be no sound reason to excise it in the final version.

I was 6th also, I haven't gotten a call. I just texted my buddy, he's the manager. He just texted me and said they received there's and had 1 extra deluxe so the 1st person on the waiting list gets one. So hyped now!!! I took Monday off of work.

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow, getting less then 6 deluxe copies doesn't seem right

Downhome

Is it yet known if you will be able to download a game in the background while playing a game or doing anything else on the system?

Eusis

Is it yet known if you will be able to download a game in the background while playing a game or doing anything else on the system?
If you can't do stuff like that, eventually at least, I'd really have to wonder why it's hogging a whole GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom