• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewox

Banned
Don't know if already posted.... but....

http://www.rttnews.com/2007798/nint...orders-ahead-of-weekend-release.aspx?type=gag

How it's possible, when we are at less than two days from the launch, to write so many bullshits?

The only right info is the in the first two words "This sunday".....

I'm wondering, is it really ignorance and stupidity, or deliberate misinformation. Anyway good move not to sign this great piece of journalism.

EDIT - The news is no longer on the site..... but i've saved this piece of sh..... ehm journalism
http://regator.com/p/258292246/rtt_news_gets_the_wii_u_all_wrong/

I will speculate that this does not look like a ignorant news editor to me, it more likely looks like a fabricated scam

It's complete bullcrap only someone who has heard only about the name would think
It's 2 days from release date
Tons of information is already clear and on the web
Medias usually have a policy to follow officially released information

This is more likely an anti-nintendo psyop. :p

pestul

My WiiU has shipped from BestBuy.ca as of 12:30am this morning. :O

Depending on the carrier used by them, I'll probably have the system tomorrow!

EDIT: Crap.. it's Canadapost. So probably 3-5 business days. Oh well, nice to know I'm definitely getting my pre-order at least.

AGITΩ

Camping out just because I said I would.
LloLM.jpg
Hilarious the amount of people thinking I'm here for black friday.

Misterhbk

AGITΩ;44403607 said:

Awesome tent but man that seems like so much work for no reason at all.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, if I'm right, only Nintendo's first party stuff has Miiverse integration at launch? Everything else doesn't use it in any way, right? Shame, as it would have been nice to share data on ZombiU. Probably means the OS screenshotting wont work with these games either.

EDIT: Crap.. it's Canadapost. So probably 3-5 business days. Oh well, nice to know I'm definitely getting my pre-order at least.

Canada Post has always delivered my stuff the next day.

TriGen

So, if I'm right, only Nintendo's first party stuff has Miiverse integration at launch? Everything else doesn't use it in any way, right? Shame, as it would have been nice to share data on ZombiU. Probably means the OS screenshotting wont work with these games either.

I think all titles have the OS-level Miiverse integration, but none have it bulit-in like the first-party games. Basically, you can use Miiverse, but the in-game pop-ups shown in NSMBU aren't there.

lednerg

I don't believe devs had access to Miiverse until very late in their dev cycles. I wouldn't take the lack of Miiverse in their games as being a total rejection of it. That said, I'm guessing it will be something that will be much more in exclusives, at least for the first year or so.

Nintendoland and NSMBU, yep.

ZombiU does. You leave messages for your friends using spray paint.
I'm not 100% but know the game gives you a survival time, so maybe that can be posted through the software.

Screenshots should work I think. Miiverse is always running; not just with compatible software. Wii U has a pretty hefty OS after all.

Effect

Unless it has a different barcode (aka some special sku with a store specific bonus) you should be fine. I used to do this all the time when I lived overseas because I would order a game from amazon but the local store had got it on release day (sometimes they would never get the game I wanted or was really late so I always ordered my games). So, provided you have the extra cash, buy the game at your retailer of choice, then Return the newegg one when it comes in. You still get the savings and nothing of value is lost.

Thanks. Something to consider over the new few days/hours. My patience isn't that low, at least I hope it isn't. haha

Edit:

Mass Effect 3 is off the potential buy list with it's issues coming to light though. A shame. The patch notes for Assassin's Creed 3 though make me feel better about it even if it's the story itself might be iffy. So that's back on the list. Darksiders 2 never left it but that is a long term buy and not something I need in the near future. Though I wonder if I want to long will I miss out do to THQ's problems and possibility they might not exist 6 months or a year form now.

Anyone else really looking forward to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? I really hope we get more games like that or games closer to the open world/exploration style. I'm not normally disappointed when games don't get announced for a system. I always have my PC. However I think I will be if the next Fallout or Dragon's Dogma like game doesn't get a Wii U version. However if Dragon Quest X actually makes it over that could help soften the blow if those announcements don't happen. Though I'd much rather have the remade Final Fantasy XIV.

Developers do no extra work for the OS functions of miiverse. That will work automatically. They just won't have any specific miiverse functions integrated within the game.

So ... when can I expect my WiiU from GameStop? I ordered it day one with overnight shipping...

I preordered the day it became available as well, with overnight shipping. I was hoping for shipment today, but it may not happen until Sunday or Monday. I'll keep an eye out.

I'm not 100% but know the game gives you a survival time, so maybe that can be posted through the software.

Screenshots should work I think. Miiverse is always running; not just with compatible software. Wii U has a pretty hefty OS after all.

The one review of Zombie U states they wish it had Miiverse integration. So I'm not sure it does. Either that or the reviewer failed to take into account the fact that Miiverse wasn't up and running at the time he was reviewing the game, which is probably likely.

Dorfdad

Gold Member

Pretty sure Zombie has it as they showed it on some videos about miverse

Like how do you past second boss zombie

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I don't believe devs had access to Miiverse until very late in their dev cycles. I wouldn't take the lack of Miiverse in their games as being a total rejection of it. That said, I'm guessing it will be something that will be much more in exclusives, at least for the first year or so.

Well as revealed in the Miiverse thread i think, they didn't have access to it until even post-dev cycle, when their projects went gold. It's very recent for them, they are trying it "currently" (since a few days) with Nintendo employees :p

But the Miiverse functions managed by the system itself are already awesome enough for fun interactions outside the game with just a little button push, so not a big deal, now they will have the time to think about a proper integration in their second batch of titles :)

Those social thingies on ZombiU aren't managed by Miiverse, they are software based. Well, unless they'll release some sort of patch to link those to Miiverse, if it's easy to do.

JABEE

My WiiU from Best Buy has switched over to Preparing Order.

Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days.

Yesterday it was at Status is not Available. Now I can't cancel it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah see, the Miiverse OS/game specific difference was confusing me a bit. OS level messaging/screenshotting should be fine then, but content sharing/in-game messaging won't be. Cheers guys.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
AGITΩ;44403607 said:

And if you want to pee, where will you go, and who will guard your tent ? Man, if i do this in Paris, the tent will be robbed in 2 seconds :D

Kingpen

Because of the GamePad you just need a power outlet to play. :)

So if I went to a log cabin in the woods, all I would need is a power outlet to play? Do I need any kind of wifi infrastructure built in to get the off screen play to work on the controller. I'm wondering if I could take this with me to airport terminals or road trips since I have a voltage outlet i my vehicle

TriGen

So if I went to a log cabin in the woods, all I would need is a power outlet to play? Do I need any kind of wifi infrastructure built in to get the off screen play to work on the controller. I'm wondering if I could take this with me to airport terminals or road trips since I have a voltage outlet i my vehicle

That should be fine. As long as the Wii U has power, you can use the GamePad.

Litterally all you need is a plug socket

only NSMBU and Nintendo Land really have Miiverse in-game the others you hit 'HOME' to access the Miivese page for that game - is how I understand it.

Hopefully other games will use it in game in the next few months

BioHazard

Is that line for NYC Nintendo World? Or just a bunch of people mii'ing it up? Any GAFers plan on lining up at Nintendo World? I didn't pre-order and am wondering if I should even bother, I'm sure some are already lined up currently.

Banned

EDIT: Crap.. it's Canadapost. So probably 3-513-15 business days. Oh well, nice to know I'm definitely getting my pre-order at least.
Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom