• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
AGITΩ;44403607 said:
Camping out just because I said I would.

Hilarious the amount of people thinking I'm here for black friday.
That tent is gangster.
What. The. Fudge.

63383_412675845466961_1244282487_n.jpg
Haha, that's boss. I like that.

Yeah see, the Miiverse OS/game specific difference was confusing me a bit. OS level messaging/screenshotting should be fine then, but content sharing/in-game messaging won't be. Cheers guys.

I'm not 100% sure about this, because I've never seen it confirmed as being implement using Miiverse, but Zombi U specifically does have content sharing and in game messaging. your survivors might turn up in a friends game for them to hunt (and vice versa) and you can tag messages using an in game picture alphabet that can show up in other peoples games too.

that might be a completely separate system to Miiverse that Ubisoft themselves have implemented though, but some journalists have claimed it's achieved via Miiverse, so I'm not sure.

Is that line for NYC Nintendo World? Or just a bunch of people mii'ing it up? Any GAFers plan on lining up at Nintendo World? I didn't pre-order and am wondering if I should even bother, I'm sure some are already lined up currently.
I'm lining up some point today with my streetpass friends, I have a preorder and I think most people in line already (it's not too long yet) do too, so I'd expect you'd be okay if you get there early on Saturday.
Actually: I recant that, the line is bigger than I expected. Maybe you should go stop by today to find out or something.
What. The. Fudge.

63383_412675845466961_1244282487_n.jpg
Jesus Christ what the hell is that? D= that does look like Nintendo World, I'm guessing corporate has something to do with it.

I bought a preorder card from Target for the Deluxe edition and New Super Mario Bros U. I hope there are no hiccups and I can just walk-in and get my console on launch day.

only NSMBU and Nintendo Land really have Miiverse in-game the others you hit 'HOME' to access the Miivese page for that game - is how I understand it.

Hopefully other games will use it in game in the next few months

Miiverse integration is one of the things I'm looking forward too the most out of the Wii U, so I'm hoping 3rd parties actually try to do something meaningful with it as well.

Going to drop by Gamestop after work, pay off my NSMBU preorder (console already paid) and double check that I will actually get mine on Sunday. Just because I'm paranoid :p.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Spoilers: these are not the people waiting in line for the console. I know most of them personally. =P
You know personally most of the people waiting in line for the console?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone knows if Nintendo will provide any live stream from the release party at Nintendo World Store? Would be awesome to watch.

Effect

Going to repost what I posted in that thread.

Can you provide a source?

Here we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12vyUOdPXbE

Go to 33:10.

Once Reggie gets up from the chair, starts walking and buttoning up his jacket, he says they'll be rolling out Nintendo TVii in North America and Canada. I took that as meaning it's not there day one but will be released over time.

It doesn't seem like it was ever a day one feature. It's also a feature limited to North America and Canada at first as well.

You know personally most of the people waiting in line for the console?
I don't know Triforce personally but he's always at these things so I do know him. And I know at least a couple of the other dudes in front from other launches/streetpass. Nintendo World gives out free stuff a lot at new game launches, so I tend to go to them a few times a year. I'm also local, so I go to the store a lot. You see many of the same faces. These people are too well-dressed for NW campers, lol.

Little concerned about my preorder now. Gamestop's had a pre-auth hold on my card all week, and suddenly today the hold is gone and i have my money back. Hope this doesn't mean mine's not shipping this weekend :(

Little concerned about my preorder now. Gamestop's had a pre-auth hold on my card all week, and suddenly today the hold is gone and i have my money back. Hope this doesn't mean mine's not shipping this weekend :(

Interesting. My charge on my credit card disappeared as well. I pre-ordered on the first day they were available within a couple hours of the page going live. I'm sure this is all just part of the process.

Usually happens when you pre order, pending hold with an actual charge happening on shipment.

Krakatoa

I called my GameStop because I was getting paranoid. They told me they are not having a midnight release, but they are going to open early Sunday (9:00AM) for the people who preordered.

It's getting close now :) Hyped!!

matthwq

Banned
I called my GameStop because I was getting paranoid. They told me they are not having a midnight release, but they are going to open early Sunday (9:00AM) for the people who preordered.

It's getting close now :) Hyped!!

Hummmm. I just asked the girl at mine, and she was like "We're not allowed to do a midnight launch." When I asked what time on Sunday, she said "Probably normal time." Which is 11 AM.

My Gamestop sucks.

Okay Guys what to we have TODAY?

GameTrailers is hosting a Wii U blowout live stream from 3-5 PM PST today (6-8PM Eastern).

I know there has to be others

Beckx

So I decided to call Gamestop to make sure everything is okay with my order after last weekend's scare. "Due to high call volume, we are unable to complete your call. Please try again later." *click*

How many calls do you have to get for your phone system to give up even trying to connect?

Interesting. My charge on my credit card disappeared as well. I pre-ordered on the first day they were available within a couple hours of the page going live. I'm sure this is all just part of the process.

I hope so. Date on my order is 9/13, so I'm pretty sure I was fairly early in ordering. Really excited to get mine, even if it's on Monday instead of launch day.

So I decided to call Gamestop to make sure everything is okay with my order after last weekend's scare. "Due to high call volume, we are unable to complete your call. Please try again later." *click*

How many calls do you have to get for your phone system to give up even trying to connect?
This happened to me a couple days ago, because of the blops launch.

I kept trying, just called and mashed 3 (online orders) until I finally got put on hold. Listened to the same song for 45 minutes and then talked with a guy who was actually quite helpful. So keep trying while it's still morning, I guess.

Hmm, not a single game I had preordered at Amazon or Newegg shipped in time for me to have them on Sunday :/

Now I'll have nothing to play but pack-in NintendoLand until I return from Thanksgiving vacation the next week. I didn't preorder BLOPS2 since I was planning on getting it for PC but maybe I'll pickup the WiiU version with my preorder if the reviews are good.

Beckx

trees say northeast somewhere?

Looks like Central Park. I believe these are related to a promotion they are running in NYC today.

Edit: yes, Central Park.

This happened to me a couple days ago, because of the blops launch.

I kept trying, just called and mashed 3 (online orders) until I finally got put on hold. Listened to the same song for 45 minutes and then talked with a guy who was actually quite helpful. So keep trying while it's still morning, I guess.

Too many meetings right now for that. Guess I'll be hammering to get through later today.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
GAF!

Get me hyped. I'm not feeling this launch at all. Pls halp me!

You should be excited that Nintendo is launching the very first next generation console, despite no games at launch demonstrating any visually noticeable leap, of any kind, in processing power.

You should be excited at the thrilling launch line-up which includes Nintendo's mini-game compilation, another 2D Mario, and a bunch of third party ports you played on your Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC one to six months ago.

ZombiU looks pretty good.

The end.

I'm not 100% sure about this, because I've never seen it confirmed as being implement using Miiverse, but Zombi U specifically does have content sharing and in game messaging. your survivors might turn up in a friends game for them to hunt (and vice versa) and you can tag messages using an in game picture alphabet that can show up in other peoples games too.

that might be a completely separate system to Miiverse that Ubisoft themselves have implemented though, but some journalists have claimed it's achieved via Miiverse, so I'm not sure.

I was under the impression the data sharing was handled by Ubisoft in this instance, and not Miiverse.

Mudron, if you read this (or anyone else who preordered a Deluxe from Walmart.com on October 25th), have they shipped your Wii U or charged your card yet? I'm still a no go.

Linkhero1

You can poop in synch to the Bah Bahs.
Hype rising
You should be excited that Nintendo is launching the very first next generation console, despite no games at launch demonstrating any visually noticeable leap, of any kind, in processing power.

You should be excited at the thrilling launch line-up which includes Nintendo's mini-game compilation, another 2D Mario, and a bunch of third party ports you played on your Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC one to six months ago.

ZombiU looks pretty good.

The end.

ZombiU does look great, but I'm gonna wait for multiple impressions from gaffers. Can't say I'm excited about any of the other games all that much aside from NSMB U. What eShop games will be out at launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom