• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobby

JP guy that just got a Wii U dropped his gamepad while putting on a screen protector and the screen cracked. ;_;

76V26.jpg

Michan

I believe this is because it has sold out it's pre-orders, from what I heard, though I may be mistaken.
I thought stores weren't taking pre-orders on the MonHun bundle? You've clearly got one reserved at TRU though, so perhaps it was a select few?

My miiverse avatar is missing from my miiverse profile and posts, a face with a questionmark is shown instead.

Anyone has the same problem? Is there any solution?

Mistle

JP guy that just got a Wii U dropped his gamepad while putting on a screen protector and the screen cracked. ;_;
That point of impact implies it landed on something protruding from the ground... Or perhaps a table corner or something. Bad luck! Resistive touch screens seem to hard to crack.

Desiato

Walked into Don Quijote and came back without any waiting, no lines or anything. Too bad I don't have a tv yet to play this thing, lol. Should have a tv next week, gf's giving me her old HDTV. I might be a tv-less poor student, but I'm not missing a Nintendo console launch!

kiri

I thought stores weren't taking pre-orders on the MonHun bundle? You've clearly got one reserved at TRU though, so perhaps it was a select few?

All TRU in Tokyo were offering the MonHun bundle for a 1000yen preorder to begin with. I checked a few other places but they had very low numbers of pre-orders (5-10)

zroid

Banned
Walked into Don Quijote and came back without any waiting, no lines or anything. Too bad I don't have a tv yet to play this thing, lol. Should have a tv next week, gf's giving me her old HDTV. I might be a tv-less poor student, but I'm not missing a Nintendo console launch!

Tch, you don't need a TV! Just take the console to a friend's place to get the GamePad synced up and you'll be good to go.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Good luck, J-GAF. Enjoy it!

Feel free to add my NNID - Axis1500 - if you like.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
FUUUUUUUU...! That's actually a good cautionary tale as my charging dock is right on the edge of the table. o_O

Well that's an accident waiting to happen. You should know better!

*slides own Gamerpad and charging cradle away from the edge of coffee table*

pestul

Another thing related to that sad screen protector incident, be extremely careful with the charge cradle if you have cats. As soon as they realize that thing is loose/moves.. they will paw at it. Almost had an incident last night. :O

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It feels rather naughty posting on the Japanese side of Miiverse before Japan is even selling the system.

I'm hesitant to pick up zombiu, I dislike stressful and scary games, which is why I didnt enjoy demons souls, but I love love love the walking dead(tv), and some scenes in zombiu resemble a lot of the walking dead, should I pick it up? Digital or retail?

Jackano

It feels rather naughty posting on the Japanese side of Miiverse before Japan is even selling the system.

Yeah me to :lol

I have the feeling that Miiverse will not work as well in Japan. Or maybe if they managed to divide pretty well Japan from the rest of the world, but it doesn't seems to work like that.
My own Miiverse is a mess, I myself mix french and english posts.
I think japanese people feels far less easy with english than most of Europe.

Anyway, they will certainly take their revenge with the drawings, this will be epic!

I'm hesitant to pick up zombiu, I dislike stressful and scary games, which is why I didnt enjoy demons souls, but I love love love the walking dead(tv), and some scenes in zombiu resemble a lot of the walking dead, should I pick it up? Digital or retail?

Second hand retail?

BowieZ

Banned
Just a question: If I were to sell my physicals and re-buy them on eShop (hopefully not losing too much money in the process) once I have a dedicated USB drive at the ready...

... my game saves won't change, right? They're embedded on hardware?

Just a question: If I were to sell my physicals and re-buy them on eShop (hopefully not losing too much money in the process) once I have a dedicated USB drive at the ready...

... my game saves won't change, right? They're embedded on hardware?

Yes it'll be on your hard drive/ flash memory; lol the Wii U won't burn save data onto a discs XD

Does anyone playing Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper know how to turn the map off? You can do it with right stick (click) in the camp, but it doesn't work during the story missions. Is there any way to have a clean screen on TV and have the map only on controller?

Smiles and Cries indeed :)

Can only hope for DLC support to roll out soon, now that the console will have launched worldwide.

I am so happy I woke up and DDP website was open and got $50 bucks for my eShop so yeah hope the next 24 hours brings some features DLC and more fixes.

zroid

Banned
We should just hijack the least popular community and turn it into a GAF thing. Without actually referencing GAF, of course.

Kevtones

Does anyone playing Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper know how to turn the map off? You can do it with right stick (click) in the camp, but it doesn't work during the story missions. Is there any way to have a clean screen on TV and have the map only on controller?

Just curious, why don't you want the map? It seems pretty important...

Also, anyone know if they've announced DLC support for WO3 yet? Too bad it wasn't included :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anyone else figure out you can hide the browser's task bar by clicking down on the left stick?

I figured it out by reading the manual. ;)

Like did you know holding down on a link will allow you to open it up in a new tab!!!

Just curious, why don't you want the map? It seems pretty important...

Also, anyone know if they've announced DLC support for WO3 yet? Too bad it wasn't included :(

Cause it covers half of the screen and I would like it on the gamepad only. I know how to make it work on gamepad, but the one on TV won't disappear :(

got mine. small line outside bic for those without preorders, but all were being led inside as i left so it doesn't look like it'll be too hard to get one. then again, i only sorted my preorder at this store a couple weeks back, so maybe it's just a quiet store (in the middle of shibuya...).

Michan

got mine. small line outside bic for those without preorders, but all were being led inside as i left so it doesn't look like it'll be too hard to get one. then again, i only sorted my preorder at this store a couple weeks back, so maybe it's just a quiet store (in the middle of shibuya...).
Sounds like it's shaping up to be a modest launch in Japan, too. Perhaps most of the pre-orders will be picked up during the day, but I can't imagine the console will be particularly hard to find when Shibuya Tsutaya was still taking pre-orders for both models earlier in the week...

Mistle

the WU browser wont recognise the VGA stream. just big black boxes. sucks that the video compatibility isnt as strong as, for instance, my iPad. would have been great to have it up on the TV

Michan

The Tsutaya next to Shibuya Crossing had near to nobody. Outside of a couple of people who were picking up MonHon bundles, you wouldn't imagine there was a new Nintendo system launching. There was also near to no promotional material away from its shelf, which is tucked away as it is. In fact, the "featured" section was showcasing Paper Mario! Though perhaps this is more due to Tsutaya being less of a go-to store for games for non-casuals than its competitors.

The Bic Camera near Shibuya Crossing seems to be heavily pushing the console. It'll be interesting to hear how things were at larger Bic/Yodobashi Cameras.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see Wii U selling in line with or less than 3DS in next week's Media Create thread.

Effect

Well I caved and did it. GameStop was offering a promotion for their rewards members (pro and regular) when it comes to trading it certain games. So I got rid of Black Ops 2 (Wii U) and got $40 for it (spent just under 50 hours on the game since launch). Also got $25 for Black Ops 1 (Wii). Spent close or over 90 hours with that game. Used it to buy Mass Effect 3: Special Edition. The desire for a good RPG (my favorite genre) was to strong and even if it's not the trilogy I don't really care. I have 1 and 2 on the 360 anyway and because I want to play the multiplayer to some degree that isn't an option as I have no interest in paying for Xbox Live. Even if the online numbers stay very low it's an RPG that can be replayed with me picking a different class. I can get my monies worth that way in the end.

Edit: Hmm. Might return it in the end. Guess I'll sleep on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom