• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Tested it out earlier. During the log-in typing was really sluggish for some reason. Also, the selection is currently pretty bad. Other than that, it works nicely!

just started downloading, what a surprise! Sad to hear the selection is bad but it's a nice start

nickcv

help me spend my loot! Warriors or Tekken?

ddp.jpg

when did the deluxe promotion website went live? need a link!

Javier

We should just hijack the least popular community and turn it into a GAF thing. Without actually referencing GAF, of course.
Man, I wonder if some years from now, Miiverse will end like GameFAQs, where the boards from games nobody cares about are hijacked by roleplayers.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I wish Miiverse had forums to discuss old Wii / Wii eShop games.

Juice

the WU browser wont recognise the VGA stream. just big black boxes. sucks that the video compatibility isnt as strong as, for instance, my iPad. would have been great to have it up on the TV

Blame iOS user agent sniffing on the part of web sites that favor delivering Flash (yay ads)

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Not only that, there need to be communities to just talk about general Wii U things, and even 3DS. Limiting it to discrete games and apps stinks.

Yeah, a Miiverse community for Nintendo Direct should be essential.

Amneisac

These hard lock ups are totally bullshit and very un-Nintendolike. They seriously need to fix this shit! Still getting hard locks after the patch.

NNID: Cheesemeister
Friend list full. Please follow instead and I'll follow back. If you don't need to be my friend, I won't be insulted if you just follow. Thanks!

has anyone tried Wii U Chat?

just got a message from someone out of the blue on Miiverse telling me to check my Wii U Chat because they tried calling me.

Would you just dial up a stranger for a Video chat?

Do you think this feature has any real use outside family or close friends?

Never even launched that app before now and I mostly just add any friend request I get on Miiverse but not sure about answering every Video Chat call if at all lol.

madmackem

has anyone tried Wii U Chat?

just got a message from someone out of the blue on Miiverse telling me to check my Wii U Chat because they tried calling me.

Would you just dial up a stranger for a Video chat?

Do you think this feature has any real use outside family or close friends?

Never even launched that app before now and I mostly just add any friend request I get on Miiverse but not sure about answering every Video Chat call if at all lol.

I tried it with an online friend, no i wouldnt use it with randoms and bar that one time i dont think ill ever use it again. Works well but come on who uses video chat like you say bar to call a family member or the like. Id have taken party chat hell even 1 on 1 chat cross games over a feature most will never use.

I made a post in the Buy/Sell Thread but thought it wouldnt hurt to make one here too. I would really like to trade Nintendo Land for either Super Mario U or Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. Its been opened but its in near perfect shape, case and everything, its just not a game I enjoy. If anyone is interested just shoot me a mesage and we can go from there.

I tried it with an online friend, no i wouldnt use it with randoms and bar that one time i dont think ill ever use it again. Works well but come on who uses video chat like you say bar to call a family member or the like. Id have taken party chat hell even 1 on 1 chat cross games over a feature most will never use.

understandable I think for the same reasons the video phones never caught on but web video chat seems to work fine.

I was genuinely worried about it since the release dates were announced. Three months of worry, alleviated.

it was good that you finally got on! lol

that video chat blew me away with how well that worked from so far away.
and the camera worked in my darkroom pretty well

Medalion

Banned
Haven't checked previous pages but has there been a thread made for the new Wii-U Deluxe Digital promotion website?

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

Login with your Nintendo Network ID, it will automatically know if you got the deluxe version or not

It tallies your points you have earned so far if you have made purchases on the Wii-U eshop

So far I've bought two games, Trine 2 and Nano Assault Neo and have 298 pts

This may encourage me to buy more soon

Haven't checked previous pages but has there been a thread made for the new Wii-U Deluxe Digital promotion website?

Login with your Nintendo Network ID, it will automatically know if you got the deluxe version or not

It tallies your points you have earned so far if you have made purchases on the Wii-U eshop

Note that it only works if you bought something. It also appears that the only way the system checks if you're eligible is if your ID was created on a Deluxe console.

Also, I'm still undecided on Trine 2. Ugh.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member

I could see this being really handy in the near future. Nice find! Thanks!

Brofield

Hey guys, has anyone seen/bought one of the MadCatz Wii U Pro Controllers, the one that swaps the right joystick with the diamond buttons so it resembles a 360 controller?

Want to know if I should get one, if I ever see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom