• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Will a Wii motion plus work on my Wii U without a sensor bar?

Depends on the game. I'm not sure but most of Nintendoland seems to mainly want motionplus. I don't know if anything gasps needed a sensor bar yet. I'm tempted to get a decent wireless one if it is only needed occasionally, saves cluttering up the TV.

Any suggestions for a not huge wireless sensor bar are welcome

mujun

Got my Japanese one this arvo.

Nice enough. Except for the controller that never feels like it's going to be comfortable, the really unintuitive menus, the lack of controller options in Zombi U and some other minor gripes.

Gambit

Question to you other Wii U owners: Is anyone else having problems with the wi-fi of the gamepad?

Last night (and the night before) my gamepad kept telling me I was too far away from the console, even though I was sitting on the couch right in front of it.

Strangely, during the day I can move the gamepad to the next room (bedroom) without problems. It only seems to happen in the evening, when there are no lights on.

How on earth is that possible? Just a coincidence? Anyone else got strange fluctuations in the gamepad's range?

Pikma

Banned
Question to you other Wii U owners: Is anyone else having problems with the wi-fi of the gamepad?

Last night (and the night before) my gamepad kept telling me I was too far away from the console, even though I was sitting on the couch right in front of it.

Strangely, during the day I can move the gamepad to the next room (bedroom) without problems. It only seems to happen in the evening, when there are no lights on.

How on earth is that possible? Just a coincidence? Anyone else got strange fluctuations in the gamepad's range?
Interference, there's probably something causing the signal to go cuckoo at those hours.

Gambit

Interference there's probably something causing the signal to go cuckoo.

ok, thanks. What could that be? My laptop? or maybe the phone? THey might simply not have been in the room when I tried it during the day. Will fiddle around with it and find out.

Tekken is a really pretty game... I mean shiny graphics eye-candy... took long enough to download

I still have to learn how to fight this being my first Tekken experience and all

I'm starting to feel like HIPHOPGAMER loving everything
KuGsj.gif

Pikma

Banned
ok, thanks. What could that be? My laptop? or maybe the phone? THey might simply not have been in the room when I tried it during the day. Will fiddle around with it and find out.

In my experience any strong wireless signal can cause it to lose some stability, so your laptop could very well be a reason, but I'm not sure about that since mine died a week before I got my U. -_-

If the problems continue try moving your console and your pad a little bit away from your router, Gamepads and routers don't seem to get along so well.

NFreak

Hey guys, I haven't added many people on my Wii U since I got it at the US launch other than my personal friends. Looking to add some Gaf members. If anyone wants to add me just send me a request through miiverse or something. My NNID is NFreak. Same as my Gaf name.

Hope all of Japan Gaf are having fun with the system so far.

Nisa65

I somehow managed to spend nearly an hour browsing the song selection on the Joysound app. The selection of songs on there is crazy,something like 90k+ songs. Everything from the obvious western pop acts like Adele and Gaga to the equally obvious Japanese pop stuff like AKB48 and Exile as well as random stuff like semi-obscure power metal (Helloween, fuck yeah!). Should be awesome for house parties at only ¥300 for a 24 hour session.

jonno394

Had my first problems since launch. Tried to start a new thread on a vb based forum i frequent, Web browser kept crashing, tabs wouldnt close and pressing home would just give me a white screen of death. recreated this four times and got tired of having to pull the plug so i'll avoid starting threads on VB boards while browsing with my Wii U....

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Good to see Japan GAF finally get their hands on the Wii U. Hopefully with the 2nd firmware update the hardlocks some on here have been experiencing (I haven't had one) will be lessened for you guys.

My NNID is StopIt and I will be adding people from GAF as much as possible.

Just updating LoveFilm, bringing my devices capable of using the service up to around 8, heh.

you guys noticed that Japan has like very tiny number of games at launch?

we complained about a lot of things but the US/EU ended up with triple/double the games of Japan's day one line up? o_O not much but apps on eShop for them.

I am kinda worried about my JRPG future and wacky Japanese games that make it overseas

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I have had mine for a week (Australian launch). Yet to freeze. Having a great time with NSMB:U, ZombiU and Nintendo Land (two player Zelda Adevnture with my GF).

Feel free to add me on NNID: Super_Tivo

I hope Japanese-GAF is having a smooth launch!

Ninja Dom

NNID: Ninjadom

Couple of questions,

Do you think in the future you could play an online game AND see and chat to your online friends using the chat & vid cam?

Is Trine 2 online co-op?

Also, I only have one game (NSMB U) but do other games install? If not will this be a problem with long loading times. I don't notice any load times on Mario.

The_Lump

Banned
Not sure if already reported, but Lovefilm now seems to be updating on WiiU :D

Installed....now saying "not available in this country".....I'm in UK. Anyone??

People who wanna buy this...take note

41t5u0MvZrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It does not work! You won't be able to connect to the cradle ( can't recharge the pad with this protector ). Kinda sucks...Hori makes great stuff, but this is certainly not one of them.

i agree with both of you, but it still really poorly designed... i expect more from Hori honestly

It's not problem to charge it with the cable ( there is a hole on top of the protector ) but you will not be able to use 'charge via the cradle' which is contained in the premium pack.

nickcv

It's not problem to charge it with the cable ( there is a hole on top of the protector ) but you will not be able to use 'charge via the cradle' which is contained in the premium pack.

oh, nevermind then... i don't think there's a solution for that.

the cradle is tailor-made for the gamepad, any cover will increase it size making it not usable.

if a cover could manage to be thin enough to do not give this problem it probably won't protect the gamepad

oh, nevermind then... i don't think there's a solution for that.

the cradle is tailor-made for the gamepad, any cover will increase it size making it not usable.

if a cover could manage to be thin enough to do not give this problem it probably won't protect the gamepad

You're right, but I thought Hori would thought of this. The silicon is really thin, but still does not connect :/

My fucking pad doesn't work anymore. Turned it off yesterday when it started blinking, I wanted to check out something for a sec a bit later and couldn't turn it on anymore. I thought it was just the battery already being too weak, but now I try to charge it and the signal doesn't even light up.
Tips?

My fucking pad doesn't work anymore. Turned it off yesterday when it started blinking, I wanted to check out something for a sec a bit later and couldn't turn it on anymore. I thought it was just the battery already being too weak, but now I try to charge it and the signal doesn't even light up.
Tips?

Ring Nintendo

luffeN

Hmm, was hoping that you get the full 10% from the price you pay on the eShop and not from the amount without taxes :/ (Europe).

Edit: proof here
c9n7yaxlhokcq1s67.gif

Sorry for the watermark, but a page has been "stealing" my pictures.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So did DCharlie really end up not getting one today?

Nintendo should have postponed Wii U's launch until he was better. A launch without DCharlie is a bad omen.

Hmm, was hoping that you get the full 10% from the price you pay on the eShop and not from the amount without taxes :/ (Europe).

c9n7yaxlhokcq1s67.gif

They did say about a month ago we wouldn't get the full 10% as a result.

Guess thats the problem with having the price including tax here, compared to tax getting added on after in the US.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Tekken is a really pretty game... I mean shiny graphics eye-candy... took long enough to download

I still have to learn how to fight this being my first Tekken experience and all

I'm starting to feel like HIPHOPGAMER loving everything
KuGsj.gif

haha, it's the power of a HD Nintendo console. Everything looks so beautiful and new, because well, for a Nintendo fan, it is!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hmmm. The new YouTube layout sucks. If you are on a playlist the scrollbar is inverted smartphone style.

Pikma

Banned
They did say about a month ago we wouldn't get the full 10% as a result.

Guess thats the problem with having the price including tax here, compared to tax getting added on after in the US.

We're in the same boat, I got 599 when I bought Zombi for $62.49, and I'm in the U.S.

Now I'm sure someone else spotted this before me, but for those who haven't seen it:

Flipping the premium play stand produces a lower angle, and is still very stable.

Or you could just turn the stand around, which is what I suspect Nintendo intended, thereby keeping the rubber pads on the table.

X2FGil.jpg

c9n7yaxlhokcq1s67.gif

Is it possible that the points you earn will be used on the pre-tax price, so after all is said and done really giving you 10%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom