• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the audio in both Assassins Creed 3 and Black Ops 2 to be pretty low(on the gamepad w/ headphones). Those are the only two games I have tried to wear headphones with.

In case anyone cares, the official PS Vita headphones w/ mic work great on the Wii U. I use it for Black Ops 2 online.

Type2

Is anyone here already using an external for the system? I was wondering if any gaffers had a drive to recommend for me. I just got a basic via the burger king contest and just know I need a drive right away.
EDIT: found an appropriate thread and scanning it for opinions.

Thinking about picking up zombii-u and scribblenauts =]

Is anyone here already using an external for the system? I was wondering if any gaffers had a drive to recommend for me. I just got a basic via the burger king contest and just know I need a drive right away.

I'm using a Western Digital Elements 2TB external and it's doing just fine, but please do keep in mind that external drives drawing power from USB can lead to problems.

Berg

I'm using a Western Digital Elements 2TB external and it's doing just fine, but please do keep in mind that external drives drawing power from USB can lead to problems.

Does the system format your drive? Can you still use your drive on a PC as a storage device?

Just noticed how the game pad is formed perfectly to set on a couches arm rest. Also how does assassins creed 3 and darksiders 2 play on the gamepad? Are you ever limited by the small screen?

Darksiders 2 worth 23€? Not sure about the game, I'm not the biggest fan of the DS aesthetics, nor half assed Zelda clones, but the price kinda intrigues me. Only on sale today though, so not too much time to think.

edit: screw this, I just went for it. Shouldn't be too much of a loss if I want to sell it again.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Amazon UK marketplace was selling Batman for quite low, so I picked it up - though it won't arrive until after Xmas.
It's one of the cheapest Wii U games there at the moment - currently at £26 including delivery.

Thoughts. It works. We did the same thing, two Wii transfered to one WiiU. Just remember that the saves transfered from Wii1 will be deleted when you transfer saves from the same game from Wii2.

Thanks Frederik, although in my case it will only be transferring one Wii so I won't lose any saves. However, since my last post I have remembered that Lost Winds won't transfer yet due to a bug so I have decided to wait until that has been resolved. I could do the transfer and trade in that Wii and hope NOE would allow me to re-download it onto my Wii U as the purchase was made on a Wii linked to my NOE account but I think it would be prudent not to risk it! If I was forced to re-buy a game or do without it that would really get on my tits [and not in a good way] and it really won't hurt to wait. Thank you for your input :).

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
There isn't 70 hours plus of content in darksiders 2. I love the game but that's a gross exaggeration of play length. Even if you do everything, 30 maybe 40 hours top and that's if you really take your time.

and you'll be asleep for 25 hours out of 30

which can be good if you need to rest

EDarkness

There isn't 70 hours plus of content in darksiders 2. I love the game but that's a gross exaggeration of play length. Even if you do everything, 30 maybe 40 hours top and that's if you really take your time.

I'm already 30 hours in and I'm not even out of the second area. Must be playing different games or something. Enjoying the game quite a bit. Love the new dungeons.

Fess

Just noticed how the game pad is formed perfectly to set on a couches arm rest. Also how does assassins creed 3 and darksiders 2 play on the gamepad? Are you ever limited by the small screen?
Darksiders 2 is awesome on the Gamepad, I played about half of it that way without problems. The menu is obviously worse though since you're back to a single screen just like on the other versions.

Medalion

Banned
Arkham City is interesting game

I think I'd enjoy it more if I had followed the comics and the animated shows cuz it's soaking with atmosphere

Anyone having problems with waru plaza showing only Nintendo messages and not other users? My icon is showing blue like I'm connected to the net. I can browse and eshop but miiverse shows zero posts but I can see the posts when I go into the community and waru plaza is Nintendo only posts

Anyone having problems with waru plaza showing only Nintendo messages and not other users? My icon is showing blue like I'm connected to the net. I can browse and eshop but miiverse shows zero posts but I can see the posts when I go into the community and waru plaza is Nintendo only posts

updating... updating... updating

the whole system is connected to add something you got to take somethings offline it should reload soon enough in time for that Nintendo TVii download

4 hours? But it's like 30 minutes till 12:00 eastern :(

Well Nintendo is not in NYC :(
wish they were I am in Connecticut I go by that Redmond Washington time when these things come

zroid

Banned
Wait, what do you mean a "Y cable" is necessary? Haha, this is the first time I'm hearing about this.
Like this

toshiba-usb-y-cable-ba82010-300.gif

it draws power from two usb ports instead of the standard one

zroid

Banned
Damn, I'll get one of the WD Desktop drives then once I get a Wii U. I'm sure 500GB will be enough for years to come.

Yeah I have a small stack of spare 500GB desktop drives sitting around, haha

I just need to buy an enclosure. Not in any rush though, as my 32GB of internal memory is serving me just fine for now.

Iacobellis

Yeah I have a small stack of spare 500GB desktop drives sitting around, haha

I just need to buy an enclosure. Not in any rush though, as my 32GB of internal memory is serving me just fine for now.

Do normal saves take up much space? I know it varies from game to game, but I remember in the GameCube days (skipped the Wii, my brother got one instead) that games like Animal Crosing could fill an entire 59 block card. I MIGHT buy some games digital, although I totally refuse to do that on the Vita.

Quick question about transferring Wii stuff to WiiU. My sister has my Wii and she is in a different state. If I have her download the channel and then send me the sd card can I just download the channel for WiiU and it still transfer?

zroid

Banned
Do normal saves take up much space? I know it varies from game to game, but I remember in the GameCube days (skipped the Wii, my brother got one instead) that games like Animal Crosing could fill an entire 59 block card. I MIGHT buy some games digital, although I totally refuse to do that on the Vita.

Saves aren't really anything to concern yourself with. Those memory cards from the GC/PS2 days were waaaay tiny compared to hard drives and even flash drives.

CLEEK

Quick question about transferring Wii stuff to WiiU. My sister has my Wii and she is in a different state. If I have her download the channel and then send me the sd card can I just download the channel for WiiU and it still transfer?

Hmm, probably not. They both have to be online (I assume at the same time) during the transfer process.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Wii U eShop digital releases of retail titles have previously appeared at 9pm Pacific, so I'm curious if anything will be up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom