• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

braves01

Banned
For anyone that stupidly watched G4TV's Attack Of The Show's so-called "review" of the Wii U and needs cleansing, like me, the new Official Nintendo Magazine podcast is up. I always find these quite entertaining, and let's face it, podcasts that don't automatically shit on everything Nintendo are quite a rarity. (Scroll to the bottom of the page for the latest one - #43)

http://medialib.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/podcast/onm_podcast.xml

Eh, that review wasn't so bad I thought. Their complaints were mostly valid and the jabs are just in the style of their (cancelled?) show. They gave it 2.5/5 which I think is a fair score considering they were reviewing as part of a "gadget pr0n" segment. The Wii U specs aren't going to impress gadget nuts.

Kokonoe

Banned
Okay, so this is my third Game Pad (second I've received from Nintendo) and this one has a chalky left stick. The last one had a chalky right stick, I mean how can they not get this right?

Has anyone else had issues with their Game Pads?

Guys need HELP!!!

My girlfriend just broke the Gamepad charger. I went to GAME earlier to See If they can sell me one but they Don't have it. I've checked on Amazon and they have those :http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009S00562/

Do you guys think it'll work?

Any ideas of where I can get one?

Oh shit this fucking sucks :(

EDIT: Those USB release 8 FEB!!! Even worst OMFG.

nickcv

Okay, so this is my third Game Pad (second I've received from Nintendo) and this one has a chalky left stick. The last one had a chalky right stick, I mean how can they not get this right?

Has anyone else had issues with their Game Pads?

mine is flawless, but for the rattling noise

Guys need HELP!!!

My girlfriend just broke the Gamepad charger. I went to GAME earlier to See If they can sell me one but they Don't have it. I've checked on Amazon and they have those :http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009S00562/

try contacting nintendo support, just for some information about where can you guy another one.

Guys need HELP!!!

How did it break? If it's just the stand, then you can still use the cable.

No. The plug, one of the pins is broken. I even tried to glue it but it wont work. You guys think and electrician could do some kind of join on the cable and put a new plug?

The power plug? Yeah, should be quick and easy to fix it. If you are lucky you won't even be charged for a full hour...

Bii

Guys need HELP!!!

Does Nintendo have a UK equivalent of their official replacement parts website? For example, for US/Canada customers, they can order what you're looking for here: http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...goryId=69709&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

Anyone else gone all digital with their Wii U (other than Smile and Cries) and have any particular experience or observations with it?

I bought my initial batch of launch games at retail but I'm thinking of going digital. I absolutely hate the volume of the console when a disk is in the drive and am really concerned about what that's doing to the system long term. Despite some of the annoyances of Nintendo's account system (or real lack of it, which I'm hoping they'll fix), I quite like the idea of an all digital Wii U as well thanks largely to the conveniece of the GamePad, and given that I only really intend on playing first party and very occassional third party gems like ZombiU and Rayman on this machine, the eShop prices aren't too much of a barrier. Then there's the points program offered with the Deluxe as well.

I'm thinking about it, for sure.

Me because it's far cheaper for me.

I like how it's seems I get $5 back on every DD disc-based game.

My Wii to Wii U data transfer failed. Has anyone else had this happen and been able to fix it?

I followed the steps: downloaded both channels, put the SD card into the Wii U, got the required stuff, moved the SD card to the Wii, watched the animation of the Pikmin loading the rocket and blasting off. Once that was done, I made sure the Wii had been cleaned out, and I transferred the SD card back to the Wii U.

Ran the channel. It checked the Internet. That went fine, then it said it was going to move the data. It fails here every time and gives me the following error:

"An error has occurred. please try again later."

I have tried 6 times across three days. I have checked on-line. And I couldn't figure it out. Didn't hunt too long though. I called Nintendo and was immediately told an Admin would have to look into this.

I have them the info, and I really hope I can get my data back. The shop licenses transferred, just not my data.

Any ideas on what I can do?
Anyone?

Drenrim

Neo Member
Hey guys - quick question...

My brother sent me a $20 Wii Points card for christmas. If I scratched it off, would the eShop accept it as currency and give me the equivolent? I remember reading somewhere that they work, but I don't want to scratch it until I'm 100%

My brother sent me a $20 Wii Points card for christmas. If I scratched it off, would the eShop accept it as currency and give me the equivolent? I remember reading somewhere that they work, but I don't want to scratch it until I'm 100%

In EU, cards that still use points only work on the original Wii (or the Wii mode on your WiiU)

first time you said points instead of cash you should know that is a Wii thing.

eShop is only 3DS and Wii U and they do not work with Wii points so if it says Wii Points forget it what you need is eShop cash

G-Fex

well had my first problem.

Playing ninja gaiden I died a lot then it started loading for a good while, too long. So I hit home to leave then it loaded going home almost forever.

Turned off the controller, didn't turn off the system though, tried to turn off the system and couldn't so I had to pull the plug. I don't know what happened.

mackattk

Cod blops 2 is pretty sweet on the Wii u. Love lounging back in my need and getting a full console experience. The online seems fine for me, haven't really experienced lag outside the usual cod bullshit.

Bii

Here's my Daily Log from November 18 to December 17 (a full month from when I first purchased the Wii U). I was not expecting to use my Wii U as much as I did but it's turned into my main Netflix player. My Xbox 360 was originally used as my Netflix player but my Xbox Live Gold subscription expired and had no desire to keep it. I do have a PS3 but I've been spoiled by the "switch view to GamePad" feature. I tend to have my Wii U on the longest on Sundays (average of 6 hours, 37 minutes) and the least on Mondays (average of 4 hours, 6 minutes). Most of the Netflix usage has actually come from my girlfriend since she is home during the day.

I only had one day where I didn't have my Wii U on (12/1/12) but only because I was out of town that day. I'd really like to see the Wii U's Daily Log be as extensive as the 3DS's Activity Log; even adding something as simple as a "most played" list would be nice.

8292481943_bd915fc214_b.jpg
8292481923_a44e1faea1_b.jpg

8293535216_1aec9025aa_b.jpg
8293535188_2bd182541b_b.jpg

8293535160_9a1c926735_b.jpg

Apps are marked with red and games are marked blue.

8293535136_6b520e185a_b.jpg

Previously, I've been pretty bad about playing and beating the games that I buy. With the Wii U, I changed that by only allowing myself, at the maximum, a 2-game backlog. I did finish Call of Duty: Black Ops II but don't plan on replaying the campaign mode on a higher difficulty level or to obtain different endings. Going through it once was enough. I'll still play multiplayer as quick pick-up games. I also finished New Super Mario Bros. U but I'm on the hunt for all the Star Coins now and completing the Challenges the best I can. Nintendo Land is one of those "endless" games that I don't consider to be a part of my backlog, per se. I guess you can see the credits roll when you get stars on all of the attractions but that might take me a long time to get to. Lastly, I completed all of Nano Assault Neo's missions and playing it to beat my high scores. I'm hoping they would fix the leaderboard with the flag placements. I'm quite happy that I've put in a little over 50 hours into playing Wii U games. I'm getting Ninja Gaiden 3 from a fellow GAF member so that should keep me busy throughout Christmas and possibly until the next wave/release of Wii U games (LEGO City Undercover, The Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, etc.).

Cod blops 2 is pretty sweet on the Wii u. Love lounging back in my need and getting a full console experience. The online seems fine for me, haven't really experienced lag outside the usual cod bullshit.

When I tried it I wasn't able to get audio through the gamepad, where's the option to change that?

. I'm quite happy that I've put in a little over 50 hours into playing Wii U games. I'm getting Ninja Gaiden 3 from a fellow GAF member so that should keep me busy throughout Christmas and possibly until the next wave/release of Wii U games (LEGO City Undercover, The Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, etc.).

Trust me, you want ZombiU if you're enjoying the system this much. It's probably got the best inplementation of the pad functionality, it really adds a lot to the experience.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can you take the pad far away and have it still work? Like can I take it to work and have the console at home and have it work?

Can you take the pad far away and have it still work? Like can I take it to work and have the console at home and have it work?

this made me chuckle, you can read the OP for more info but the answer to this is no.

solution unplug you Wii U and take it to work with you, for most games you won't need your TV so you can leave that at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom