• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Got a confirmation email from shopto that they have stock to cover my preorder (phew). They are going to start processing from Friday 23rd, so make sure to have funds available (I already paid in full just in case)

Please ship early, please ship early, please ship early

You lucky American scoundrels. I still have to wait about two weeks. Perks of living in Europe and all that. Fortunately I have my 3DS to keep me occupied until then.

zroid

Banned
I naturally didn't get to listen to any audio when I tried this at a public demo event earlier, so holyyyyy shit I am loving it.

Drewfonse

I called best uy at north austin tx and the woman said they had no indication as to whether they were getting enough in to cover pre-orders. She may have been aloof but I'm getting worried. I was the second person to preorder a system in that store.

I can't imagine that they won't receive at least 2. A metro area like Austin? You're golden.

jlscool

It says in Donkey Kong's Crash Course that you are suppost to blow into the mic. I thought the mic was not available during game play and only for video chat?

Twinduct

Wow looks great. Up until the gameplay bit I was writing it off.
But the Donkey Kong game looked fun. Might get this via eShop. Either this or NSMBU. Although I have no love for mario , so this has broader appeal.

Dartastic

So uh, where and when is that buy 2 get one free deal again? I might go in on that. I'm already buying Zombi U and Mario, so I might as well cancel my Newegg order to get one for free... I'd be down to get free BLOPS. :p

It says in Donkey Kong's Crash Course that you are suppost to blow into the mic. I thought the mic was not available during game play and only for video chat?

Other way around, if you want to voice chat you need to buy a third party headset that plugs into the headphone jack, apparently.

TriGen

That was the worst stream I've seen in a long while. Takes forever to press a button to start the game, then "brb sleep", boo.

Subxero

Just got my shipping notification from gamestop.com for my deluxe. I used next day but it looks like it will be Monday anyway. Now I just have to get some games!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
:lol

Maybe now you people will stop talking about it and I wontconstantly be reminding of such a horrible temptation existing. :p

Twinduct

The soothing music is going to put me to sleep .. I just made a pot of coffee and popcorn and he goes to bed ...... mother fucka :<

Honestly now we're just viewing at a zoke zero product.

Called local gamestop to confirm their launch plans.

No midnight launch. No surprise.

They are opening at the normal time for Sunday, 11am. Drat.

They already have a ton of games for sale, including Scribblenauts U. Told me they'd give me the pre-order hat if i bought one since they have extras. Gonna wait till I can get it cheaper, though.

Still excited to be picking up my pre-order :)
maaan, that's lucky and you're not even taking advantage? I didn't get a hat with my preorder from their website, went to multiple gamestops to see if they had any and waited through their phone system. They said they'd ship me one if they ever got more in. =/ waiting to see if the ebay price drops...

In other news, heading to nintendo world now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom