• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusRJR

So apparently Nintendo only let my local store order basic models.

I preordered the day the price got announced too and was first on the list. They said Nintendo weren't able to keep up with the 11 preorders at store that were all for the deluxe model. They said they might not get them until at least December and potentially 2013. FFS. Now I have about $400 in credit at this store. Fucking ridiculous.

What should I do now? Is there anywhere in Canada that would still have the deluxe model in stock on Sunday?

Dartastic

The toys R us deal looks great, hopefully zombi u and scribblenauts will be in stock!
I don't wanna deal with that shit Thanksgiving day. Nor do I want to deal with it on Black Friday. I'll just pick up BLOPS Sunday from Target. I'm gonna get there a bit early to try and snag a second system... and pick up the b2g1 sale. Mario, Zombi U, and BLOPS for me. WOOT.

TriGen

So apparently Nintendo only let my local store order basic models.

I preordered the day the price got announced too and was first on the list. They said Nintendo weren't able to keep up with the 11 preorders at store that were all for the deluxe model. They said they might not get them until at least December and potentially 2013. FFS. Now I have about $400 in credit at this store. Fucking ridiculous.

What should I do now? Is there anywhere in Canada that would still have the deluxe model in stock on Sunday?

That sucks, man. Don't live in Canada, so I can't help ya, but I wish you luck.

Cbajd5

Okay... I called my local Best Buy and they told me they're not doing a midnight launch, although it clearly lists them on the website. Anyone else know what's going on at the Wilkes-Barre, PA store (#342)?

MarkusRJR

Okay so I guess I have 3 options.

-Use the credit on the white model that they have available and use it as a family machine. Later get a black model for myself once a few price drops come.
-Wait 2-3 months for my local store to get a black model in. Use credit on that.
-Use my store credit on games/pro controllers and go searching for a black model on launch (probably a 1% chance of this working out).

Recommendations anyone?

That sucks, man. Don't live in Canada, so I can't help ya, but I wish you luck.
Thanks.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Just stopped by the Nintendo World Store and there are around 30-40 people waiting on line. Triforce of course was at the head of the line.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
AGITΩ;44420194 said:
So I guess my big ass tent for my wii u camp out has gotten local news media attention. got interviewed and stuff.

:lol

That's awesome! You still the only one in line?

Cbajd5

AGITΩ;44420194 said:
So I guess my big ass tent for my wii u camp out has gotten local news media attention. got interviewed and stuff.

How big is your tent? And where are you waiting at? IS IT FREEZING THERE?

Juice

I preordered online for in store pickup from Best Buy back on 9/14, and I am thoroughly convinced I'm going to be screwed somehow.

Anyone with me?

tenchir

Okay so I guess I have 3 options.

-Use the credit on the white model that they have available and use it as a family machine. Later get a black model for myself once a few price drops come.
-Wait 2-3 months for my local store to get a black model in. Use credit on that.
-Use my store credit on games/pro controllers and go searching for a black model on launch (probably a 1% chance of this working out).

Recommendations anyone?

Thanks.

Are you only set on owning the black one? Owning two of them could be a headache when it comes to DD and NID.

Twinduct

Hope it doesn't lag too much for me! In other news, seems I might be getting mine on the 29th! Or it's just the online retailer making sure it's delivered by the 30th.

you are late GT
LLShC.gif

fu EA

RkOwnage

Got a call from Gamestop today re-confirming that I could pick my console up on Sunday at 10am (boo). It was actually the district manager in this area, and he congratulated me on being the first person to preorder it in the district. Don't know if he was sucking up or if he was serious, but ok, thanks for confirming my nerdiness with me. So far, picking up NSMBU, Nintendoland (w/ deluxe) and ZombiU, unless it gets atrocious reviews.

Debating if I want to keep the tradition going with my Gamertag/PSN and make the same, or if I want to usher in the "next" generation w/ a name matching my Video Game Blog/Review site.

So many decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom