• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilti92

Was just in EB Games and was buying Black Ops 2 for my PS3 and the couple beside me were told that they are very sorry but they cannot get their Deluxe edition day 1 due to a lack in shipment and because of this problem, the couple will be moved to the top of the wait list for it. Wonder how many people they've told that to. Can`t believe that shit.

majik13

Fuck, on that buy 2 get 1. Has that ever happened at launch for a console? I wanted to make things Digital only this generation but I won't be able to resist. Between these types of deals and bargain bins, I may just need to adopt a blended philosophy.

Can't decide on a few things. Getting a deluxe, Nintendoland. Pretty sure I'll double dip on Batman and pick up ZombieU and NSMBU. Then, what would be next? COD, ACIII, Epic Mickey? Damn, this launch is stacked.

I like COD somewhat but don't do multiplayer (i know, sounds stupid but I like FPS) and not thrilled about the gameplay. Never played Assassin's Creed and think it might be time to jump in. Still have Epic Mickey 1 in the wrapper but get excited about those disney characters. I might get excited and buy 6 games. Any reccs on those 3 games?

That buy 2 get 1 40% off is only for games 49.99 and below right? That excludes a lot of wiiu games. or is there a different deal somewhere?

I kinda regret not preordering, I'm on 2 different gamestop's waiting list but who knows how long that could take. Are stores only getting enough to cover preorders or should I be able to walk in and buy one? I'm gonna attempt picking one up on Sunday morning at Best Buy.

jett

D-Member
Is this a Blues Clues live stream?

600full-blue%27s-clues-screenshot.jpg

JFunky

I preordered online for in store pickup from Best Buy back on 9/14, and I am thoroughly convinced I'm going to be screwed somehow.

Anyone with me?

I have that same feeling about my in store pickup order. They never seem to actually set aside my stuff for pickup even though I always wait until I get the email saying its ready to be picked up. Hopefully they won't screw me on this one.

TriGen

Okay so I guess I have 3 options.

-Use the credit on the white model that they have available and use it as a family machine. Later get a black model for myself once a few price drops come.
-Wait 2-3 months for my local store to get a black model in. Use credit on that.
-Use my store credit on games/pro controllers and go searching for a black model on launch (probably a 1% chance of this working out).

Recommendations anyone?

Thanks.

I'd still try and find a deluxe. I think it can be done if you're committed to trying multiple stores early.

This same thing happened to me with the 360. I was assured GS would get the premium, they didn't. When I turned the console down the manager assured me I'd screwed myself, I said I would get one. The next day I had four premiums (thanks to Kmart) on launch day for everyone. The major retailers should have some set aside for walk-ins (Wal-Mart told me they in fact did). And since it doesn't seem like we are seeing a bunch of people camping out like in other years, I think getting to every store within the first hour of opening gives you a chance. I have faith!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
My Walmart isn't doing a midnight launch. They did for the Gamecube and Wii. Guess I'll just sleep in Sunday morning seeing as I already pre-ordered.

MarkusRJR

I'd still try and find a deluxe. I think it can be done if you're committed to trying multiple stores early.

This same thing happened to me with the 360. I was assured GS would get the premium, they didn't. When I turned the console down the manager assured me I'd screwed myself, I said I would get one. The next day I had four premiums on launch day for everyone. The major retailers should have some set aside for walk-ins (Wal-Mart told me they in fact did). And since it doesn't seem like we are seeing a bunch of people camping out like in other years, I think getting to every store within the first hour of opening gives you a chance. I have faith!
I guess I'll go after my night shift ends on Sunday (3am). I'll check my Walmart/The Source right when they open. If they don't have any then I'll get a white unit using my credit and buy a few Wii remote plus controllers and nunchucks.

TriGen

I guess I'll go after my night shift ends on Sunday (3am). I'll check my Walmart/The Source right when they open. If they don't have any then I'll get a white unit using my credit and buy a few Wii remote plus controllers and nunchucks.

Seems like a sound strategy.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Hmm... system music seems to be synthesized. Was hoping for live orchestra for this stuff. Oh well.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
That smudgy console makes me feel better for going with a white/basic set.

Gahiggidy

I'm liking this OS better than what I've seen from Windows 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom