• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earendil

will have to wait when this comes out but Reggie said all you need is your account ID and Pass

Almost certainly. It would upset a lot of people if TVii didn't support the two largest cable and satellite providers in the US.

Thanks guys.

I don't have either at the moment, but my in-laws are moving in with us next year and they will want TV of some kind. I figured I'd ask now since I'll tie the Wii U into it for them so they don't have to mess with DVR menus and such.

So far in the stream I see the Wii U lacks an ethernet port (lame), an optical out port (super lame) and no option to turn on a stereo receiver (who used TV audio? Lame). They also seem unsure about whether or not Netflix and Amazon will work with the update.

The M.O.B

Gonna try Target Sunday morning without a reservation.....I would prefer a Deluxe version but perhaps i'll settle with a regular one :/

So far in the stream I see the Wii U lacks an ethernet port (lame), an optical out port (super lame) and no option to turn on a stereo receiver (who used TV audio? Lame). They also seem unsure about whether or not Netflix and Amazon will work with the update.

I'm not sure about Hulu, but Netflix will be there day one even though it won't be integrated with TVii.

Gonna try Target Sunday morning without a reservation.....I would prefer a Deluxe version but perhaps i'll settle with a regular one :/

I'm getting the black one for the larger drive, but after seeing how disgusting the controller and console look in black after a little use, I'm kinda wishing I reserved the White.

RagnarokX

mCpRA.jpg

Lum1n3s

Did anyone else get that email from Toys'R'Us? It went something along the lines of this...
"Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us!

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup. "

Did anyone else get that email from Toys'R'Us? It went something along the lines of this...
"Dear Valued Guest,

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup. "

I didn't. My preorder is for home delivery tho.

majik13

Netflix said they will be there day 1 and the app is already there no? They just wont be in TVii. The other points are lame, but at least there is an ethernet adapter you can get.

And an optical, so far, is a 2 part issue. There has been no confirmed dolby support as far as I know. Only LPCM 5.1 which optical cannot support.

On that note has there been any updat on dolby support, I think Scribblenauts are some game had it on the box, but officially everything else seems to be LPCM only.

"Dear Valued Guest,

I went into two Toys R Us stores here in Canada. One of them told me that they only received for preorders (not the store I preordered at) the other (the one I preordered) wasn't sure if they received their stock yet. Crazy. They don't have my email so I assume that I will receive a phone call tomorrow if it's not available. They better not leave me to show up on Sunday and find out they have no systems. That would be bad.

Bii

I have a Basic reserved but would have preferred the Deluxe since I'll buy Nintendo Land anyway. Once I'm at my Target, if they have any non-reserved Deluxe sets, I'm getting one of those. Otherwise, I don't mind getting the Basic.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
This GT livestream is pretty cool. I like casual yet detailed game-talk like this. Unfortunately, I'm at work and really ought to get going. Will there be a replay of this?

NateDrake

Why wouldn't the best game he played be his favorite?

Different tastes. He could love Mario and Zombi U, but prefers Scribblenauts because that gameplay suits his taste more. Or he didn't play Mario and Zombi U yet. Favorite doesn't have to equal the best is all I'm saying.

AGITΩ

I'm loving some of the dude bro comments I hear while camped out.
"cant believe their camping out for a controller addon"
"the wii's been out for like a year already"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom