• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Thanks for the answer.. now im waiting authorization from my wife, hehehehehehehehe... she knows that i was planning to get one here in vzla.. but im trying to sell her the idea that getting it from USA its going to be a lot cheaper...

Another silly question, where i can see the expected shipping date?

when you go to place the order it should have you choose shipping speed options

Drago

Oh shit!

Just got a confirmation email for Scribblenauts... at $50, not $40. Did not expect that, quite upset now. Oh well... no turning back now.

Guess my Rayman $40 preorder will convert to $50 when that ships too.

XaosWolf

I got my confirmation of my ZombiU bundle today from ShopTo. The 30th can't come soon enough.

At least I have Hitman to get me through til then! =D

BY2K

Membero Americo
I pre-ordered my Wii U 3 days after the pre-orders went live at Gamestop. Paid it in full last week-end.

If I don't get my Wii U on day one, heads will roll. *Shake fist*

I pre-ordered my Wii U 3 days after the pre-orders went live at Gamestop. Paid it in full last week-end.

I pre-ordered mine 10 minutes after it was announced. I better get my Wii U or I will kill all..... ok not kill just hurt.

Kingven

Oh shit!

Just got a confirmation email for Scribblenauts... at $50, not $40. Did not expect that, quite upset now. Oh well... no turning back now.

I choose next day... this means that if i pay today they should ship it tomorrow? right?

PrimeRib_

strange. I received the email from NewEgg about BLOPS 2 being shipped in the next 24 to 48 hours, but when I log in, I don't see it. The sales order# it provided shows "no search results" on NewEgg's site.

Did my BLOPS 2 order just get ... cancelled, somehow?

Anyone else with NewEgg weirdness? I dropped Firefox, cleared cache and checked another browser, but same thing.

EDIT - resolved. Apparently, orders drop into a netherrealm before they are ready to ship. Yay. I think I need to relax, step away from this launch excitement and watch some TV for a bit ...

What kind of Nintendo fan are you?

Waiting three days to preorder like that...I've never heard of such madness.

;)

dwu8991

Banned
Oh shit!

still 20/30 % cheaper than over here !

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Maybe it's because I'm in WiiU hype mode, but IGN linking to a GTAV story on the WiiU page made me think they might know something we don't.

Gamestop order shipment confirmed!

excited-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-624.gif

KissVibes

Banned
Is it true that the triggers for the Wii U gamepad and classic controller are digital and not analog and lacking resistance (although that's a given I guess since they'd need to be analog)?

Loaded Man

I also received a shipment confirmation email from gamestop (preordered 9/13). I picked standard shipping so it won't get here till Wednesday.

kunonabi

My shipment from GS still doesn't have a tracking label and my card still hasn't been charged. I hope there isn't a problem.

Jtrizzy

Wii U has Nintendo characters!

Any idea if the game (scribblenauts) is 1080p?

Getting mario, but this and possibly BO2 are the only other games I'm really considering right now. I skipped the wii so I can just pick up DKCR instead of getting a game like AC 3 that will undoubtedly be better on PC. I suck with kb/m in fps games so bo 2 is an option depending on the wiiu versions frame rate and resolution.

Drago

Any idea if the game is 1080p. Getting marion but, this and possibly BO2 are the only other games I'm really considering right now. I skipped the wii so I can just pick up DKCR instead of getting a game like AC 3 that will undoubtedly be better on PC. I suck with kb/m in fps games so bo 2 is an option depending on the wiiu versions frame rate and resolution.

WiiU version is 1080p, yes

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
My store has slowly been getting everything in over the past few days. We received the first shipment of hardware yesterday and so today I found an excuse to start going through the boxes. Here's a couple things that stood to me, either because I didn't know or I remember hearing others asking about it:

-Different from the pic above, all of the Premium Bundles came with a big gold sticker about the Digital rewards program.

-The Epic Mickey 2 claims to support two Wii Remotes + Nunchucks.

-Nintendoland has an emblem for the Wii Remote+ and Wii Motion+ attachment.

-The games below are list in the OP as "launch window," but our system is showing inventory already on-hand or coming. Not that one cares, but these should also be launch titles:
  • 007 Legends
  • Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
  • Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
  • Mass Effect 3
  • JEOPARDY!
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth

Ridley327

Any idea if the game is 1080p. Getting marion but, this and possibly BO2 are the only other games I'm really considering right now. I skipped the wii so I can just pick up DKCR instead of getting a game like AC 3 that will undoubtedly be better on PC. I suck with kb/m in fps games so bo 2 is an option depending on the wiiu versions frame rate and resolution.

Yeah, it's confirmed to be 1080p native.

CronoShot

Maybe it's because I'm in WiiU hype mode, but IGN linking to a GTAV story on the WiiU page made me think they might know something we don't.

Nah, just for this question.

GTA V is only confirmed for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Why not the PC, Wii U and so on?

Everything else is up for consideration. That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are not... we are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If that's on Apple we put something on Apple. Wherever it might be. I think that's the fun in what we do. We see ourselves as a content company that uses technology. We don't make it; we use it to make the most fun stuff.

It's linked on the PC page too.

majik13

strange. I received the email from NewEgg about BLOPS 2 being shipped in the next 24 to 48 hours, but when I log in, I don't see it. The sales order# it provided shows "no search results" on NewEgg's site.

Did my BLOPS 2 order just get ... cancelled, somehow?

Anyone else with NewEgg weirdness? I dropped Firefox, cleared cache and checked another browser, but same thing.

EDIT - resolved. Apparently, orders drop into a netherrealm before they are ready to ship. Yay. I think I need to relax, step away from this launch excitement and watch some TV for a bit ...

same thing happened to me, 1 of my games just wasting showing up in order history at all, scared me for a bit, thought somethign happened with my CC or something.

PrimeRib_

Oh. That's kinda gross.

Guess I wont be buying any racing games or games involving driving, then.

I'm with you, racing games are key for analog. Eh. Minor inconvenience, really. That's the beautiy of multiplatforms, you can choose the optimal format for the style of games you like to play.

Drago

Payment confirmed for Sonic, now I just need Scribblenauts confirmation and I'm good to go.

NewEgg.com is saying that Scribblenauts is still $40, but the email said $50... really hope it's the former!

Oh. That's kinda gross.

Guess I wont be buying any racing games or games involving driving, then.

I am of two minds about it. I think it is better for me. I don't play a lot of racing games. What I don't like about the analog trigger is that they introduce input lag, but I can see the problem with racing games and acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom