• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else preorder a pro controller from NewEgg? I'm looking at it and the release date is 12/31/2012. Obviously this isn't right, so I'm not sure what the deal is here.

EDIT: Looks like this was answered on the previous page. Lame.

My brother is having the same issues with me with his NSMBU being canceled because his card was declined. Yet all his other games were accepted. He called them a couple of hours ago when it happened right before the customer service closed to figured out what happened.

Turns out they canceled his NSMBU because they're having trouble with stock, not because his credit card was declined.

But they tried to pass it off as his card being declined.

What a fucking sleazy ass thing to do.

But they are sending him a $20 off coupon for when it is in stock again or for whatever game he wants.

Still though, fucking sleazy trying to pass it off as a problem with his end.

I'll call them on Monday to see if the same thing happened to me. If it did, I'll be super pissed.

Did anyone ever find out why Amazon no longer sells Nintendo products directly?

3DS fiasco where people were trying to return a shit ton of 3DS's with the screen scratching defect. Nintendo said fuck you to Amazon, saying Amazon should deal with it. Amazon gets mad. Now they hate each other.

Still disappointed that I'm getting a Basic Unit and buying Nintendo Land, but I'll live.

If I had known Nintendo were regionally locking Wii U preorders at FuncoLand I would have got there straight after the conference or whenever the release was. I actually got in just in time before they were gone too.

codhand

iJW1E.jpg

The manual is awesome just for this.

How do you know Target's shipment at your store? For that matter, I've also seen posts from others about GameStop and Best Buy's allotment. Is this public knowledge on some random, gaming forum someplace? Spill it!

When the Wii launched, someone on some game forum (not sure if I was a GAF lurker yet) was able to find a site that displayed the exact amount of systems that pretty much every retailer in the country was getting. I was able to find that a Target in Troy, Michigan was getting over 200 systems. Without pre-order money placed on a Wii at any retailer, I was able to go to that Target at around 6 am to get a system launch day.

If there's anything like that around for the Wii-U, I want to know about it.

Hey, did we ever get a release date for Wii Fit U? I can't really afford more than a couple games at launch, and I wanna know if it'll be coming in just a few weeks, or if it'll be a few months so I might as well buy something else.

Drago

Hey, did we ever get a release date for Wii Fit U? I can't really afford more than a couple games at launch, and I wanna know if it'll be coming in just a few weeks, or if it'll be a few months so I might as well buy something else.

I'm 99% sure it's a 2013 title that will be out before the end of March.

Basically, another launch window game with no real date

PrimeRib_

When the Wii launched, someone on some game forum (not sure if I was a GAF lurker yet) was able to find a site that displayed the exact amount of systems that pretty much every retailer in the country was getting. I was able to find that a Target in Troy, Michigan was getting over 200 systems. Without pre-order money placed on a Wii at any retailer, I was able to go to that Target at around 6 am to get a system launch day.

If there's anything like that around for the Wii-U, I want to know about it.

I remember the Best Buy allotments that someone on some gaming forum scanned, back during the Xbox 360 launch. It's how I knew to run to the Best Buy store in Ocoee, FL as opposed to the one closer at the Florida Mall (In Orlando, FL) during that launch. Waiting outside for two days was a lot more palatable when (1) the weather was not too chilly and (2) the allotment was known beforehand, so you could walk up and down the line and get a hard count of how many systems were already "sold" before you, in line.

This shit should be public for these reasons, alone.

Probably already mentioned... but about an hour ago NewEgg confirmed my game preorders are in stock and they have charged my card. It should ship tomorrow.

Effect

Has anyone who pre-ordered at a Gamestop store in the US gotten a phone call? I haven't, was just wondering if I should have by now.

I haven't. It could be a store by store thing. I did stop by there thought to put money down for a game just to reconfirm things were okay with my order. I had to drop one one of the games at NewEgg to change the payment method at the last minute (canceling was the only way to do this) to make sure both didn't pull money from the same account. Something unexpected came up. So my hand was forced, even after deciding to be patient. Not gong to complain. Will come home Sunday with one of them. I have plenty of other games (Lego, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter) preordered there with coupons so will still get savings and I had savings on Code of Princess earlier. This is just one.

The headset situation is starting to annoy me though. I found one to buy that is a turtle beach set (won't get until the end of the month) but so annoying I just can't plug my usb headset into the system and use that for Black Ops 2.

Hey guys, just a quick question...

Would anyone recommend Batman Arkham City Armored Edition as a day 1 title? Never played the game before so it will be quite fresh to me. Got 6 Wii U games already (NSMBU, Zombie U, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Nintendo Land, Epic Mickey 2 and Darksiders 2)and I was really thinking about getting Batman as well.

What do you think guys...? Is it Worth it...?

Stopped by my Gamestop after work to pay off NSMBU, and the store manager told me that they are still opening at noon on Sunday :/. Guess I'll have time to sleep in then.

Would anyone recommend Batman Arkham City Armored Edition as a day 1 title? Never played the game before so it will be quite fresh to me. Got 6 Wii U games already (NSMBU, Zombie U, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Nintendo Land, Epic Mickey 2 and Darksiders 2)and I was really thinking about getting Batman as well.

Yes, if you haven't played Arkham City I would definitely check it out it's a hell of a game especially when you get to New Game +

If I had to decide for you, I would swap Epic 2 for Batman if you are intent on getting that mount of games. Personally, I would drop Epic and Batman and pick them up after you finish one of the others.

If you don't mind paying $60 for a game you can get much cheaper on other platforms I say go for it, it was one of the best games of last year.

bryanee

I'd wait until some reviews hit. The only impressions are from an e3 demo and it had issues. They have been using the same demo at most shows so no one knows how the final game is at the moment.

dwu8991

Banned

Batman is worth it coming from someone who has never played it !

plus you get all the DLC free !!!

Starting to get excited. Went out to look for ZombiU this afternoon but couldn't find a copy. Hopefully there will be plenty on Sunday.

Also, I had ordered 2 Deluxe versions online when they went up for pre-order and forgot to cancel them. So now I have 2 consoles are heading my way, along with the one I pre-ordered from EB.

I'm pretty much against scalping anything so I'll more than likely hold them until closer to Christmas and see if I can find a family that really wants one and sell it to them for what I paid. I don't really want to return them to be re-sold because it seems up in Canada we're having a huge issue with people buying 10 consoles to re-sell on ebay.

Haint

According to Iwata, players will make a seperate usere account ID (I assume that's the nickname), used for save game settings, save data, pre-installed software and Wii U games to the console.The account will also allow users to save bookmark's for the console's internet browser and save play history. Some games will allow you to share save data among multiple users. This ID will be used when the console is first turned on, to select a user. With the Nintendo Network ID creation,(I assume it' a randomly generated #) you're asked to input a password, your date of birth, gender, location and e-mail address. It is used for Miiverse, eShop purchases, and video chat. You'll be able to register friends using this ID and determine which account on your Wii U as well as which account bough which downloadable games. DLC and downloadable games can be accessed from any other Wii U account registered to your console. Nintendo Network will also be compatible with different network services from other game developers. You'll use your Nintendo Network ID to sign on to each third-party network's service.

I don't think any other major details on Nintendo Network have been mentioned yet.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/7/3612606/what-to-expect-from-the-wii-us-nintendo-network-id

So we don't know if the NNID will be auto generated or user created? Which will be used as the in game online handle, the local user account name or the NNID?

kunonabi

I'm getting it for Black Friday and I'm looking forward to it despite not liking Arkham City at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp_nHdwMUTI

If this looks appealing to you I say go for it. I'd rather pay full price than deal with the xbox's godawful dpad again.

Just got back from Gamestop to pickup my copies of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Scribblenauts Unlimited (and dope pre-order rooster hat).

HYPE HYPE HPYE HYPE!

Tim-E

Anyone hear of the quality of the AssCreed 3 port? Is it as half-assed as Mass Effect 3 and Ninja Gaiden 3 appear to be?

hiryu64

Don't forget that Reggie's gonna be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight in about an hour (12:35a EST). Should hopefully clear up some confusion with the mainstream about what the Wii U is. I do hope that the big guy loosened up at least a little bit
KuGsj.gif

zroid

Banned
Don't forget that Reggie's gonna be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight in about an hour (12:35a EST). Should hopefully clear up some confusion with the mainstream about what the Wii U is. I do hope that the big guy loosened up at least a little bit
KuGsj.gif

The new controller for the Wii is gonna be huge

KuGsj.gif

Hope he got some liquor

KuGsj.gif

If he wants to hit the mainstream, he's on the wrong show. Need to go on GMA, Ellen, and/or the View otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom